Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple may be planning to launch new Mac models announced at its "Scary Fast" event on Wednesday, November 8, MacRumors has learned.

scary-fast-apple-event-feature.jpg

At the start of the month, MacRumors reported that Apple was proceeding with plans to announce at least one new Mac model in October. Apple yesterday announced its "Scary Fast" event for Monday, October 30, featuring a Finder hint, which virtually confirms the arrival of new Macs. Now, related information provided to MacRumors suggests that new Mac models could launch on Wednesday, November 8 – nine days after the "Scary Fast" event.

While Apple product launches often take place on a Friday, there is precedent for Apple opting for the first Wednesday in November following an October event. For example, at its "There's more in the making" event on Tuesday, October 30, 2018, Apple announced new iPad Pro models. The machines launched on Wednesday, November 7 – eight days later.

Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo says that Apple's upcoming event will focus on new MacBook Pro models with M3 series chips, which could include the 13-, 14-, and 16-inch models with the M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max chips. In addition to these machines, a new iMac featuring the M3 chip is also on the table for announcement at the event.

The M3 chip is widely expected to be fabricated using TSMC's 3nm process for performance and efficiency improvements compared to the current, 5nm-based ‌M2‌ chip, which debuted in June 2022. It will also likely feature an all new GPU with hardware ray-tracing, first introduced on the iPhone 15 Pro's A17 Pro chip last month.

Article Link: New 'Scary Fast' Macs May Launch on Wednesday, November 8

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
You're gonna do things with these new Macs that you have never done before.. we are so excited about the possibilities and the progress we have made with Apple Silicon.

On day you receive the new Mac... you set it up and continue doing the things you had been doing the past few years... but you might get it done just a little bit faster. But then you think.... maybe I'm too slow for this Mac... by the time I made a coffee and got back... it was already finished... so in the end, Tim still did the same amount of work as previously.. because he was the bottleneck in his workflow. :/

For the majority of people.

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
I am genuinely eager for this particularly given I don’t know what to expect with the info about M3 thats seeped out over the past year.

I’m ready to replace my 2011 21.5 iMac. I liked the new design released two years ago, but I wasn’t sure the specs were enough of an upgrade with being limited to 16GB RAM. If the M3 allows for at least 24GB RAM if not 32 then I will likely pull the trigger given the performance of M1 with 16GB was almost there for what I want. And given the iMac’s price point base spec should be 512 SSD with 16GB (or 12?) RAM, but I won’t hold my breath.C’mon, Apple, surprise us!

I’m curious if they will include other tweaks or features. The pedestal should be tilt and height adjustable as standard. Might they tweak the colour options? Whatever, I’d likely go with blue, green or silver. Mind you a Space Grey iMac could look cool. And I’m sure some around here would like to see a Midnight and/or Starlight option.

I really hope this pans out because I would rather get an iMac than a Mac Studio with Studio Display.

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
It’s time to swap my 2014 MacBook Pro 15 to a m3 pro 14. 9 years old in November, so not bad timing 😃
Don't do it.

The best Macs ever made were 2011-2016. I'm still using my 2011 model even though my 2017 has long since failed and been junking and my 2020 (intel model) still runs much worse than the 2011. If the 2011 ever breaks, I'd look for a used pre-2016 model to replace it before buying new.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Will base storage for iMac be bigger than before? Sure hope so.
If base storage were to go from 256GB to 512GB, Apple will slow it down by utilizing a single NAND chip like they did with single NAND 256GB chip. Want faster SSD speed? Only available on 1TB and up storage options as they use multiple NAND chips. That will cost you $400 minimum. 🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.