Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayburd

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
I had this case on my galaxy s4 and I loved it. I went back to my ip5 after a month of the S4 and I was hoping to see them make this for the iphone 5. It's an awesome sturdy case, the TPU is high quality. It does have a lay on the table design. It reminds me of the belkin candy sheer. But the SGP is more rigid. Just to let everyone know the buttons at least on the S4 version ARE NOT metal but they are chromed plastic. I had no flaking or chipping on the bumper. NOTE when putting the 2 piece case on, do not put them on separately, treat it as a 1 piece. Again great case! I'm ordering now!

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
Ordered one the other day when these popped up on amazon. Must have gotten it in early bc the slate colored one was listed for $1.00 and it didn't get cancelled. Tracked it today and its at my local PO. Will get some pics up once I get it tomorrow. Also ordered the new ultra slim case in slate, got that last week. Pretty nice, prob about as thick as their Saturn case. Worth the money at $11.00.

DPena14

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
Just got one of these myself, they look real good. I just really hope they have a big enough lip on the front (not like the tiny one on the slim armor).

Also, do you guys know why there are new Spigen cases on amazon that are not on their official website? They have a tough armor and an ordinary tpu case on amazon, but not on their website....

jayburd

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Just got one of these myself, they look real good. I just really hope they have a big enough lip on the front (not like the tiny one on the slim armor).

Also, do you guys know why there are new Spigen cases on amazon that are not on their official website? They have a tough armor and an ordinary tpu case on amazon, but not on their website....

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-5s-case-neo-hybrid.html

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
Got mine today and I think it just became my favorite case! Great design and feel to it. Saw they dropped some down to $21.99. Definitely a good price for this. Might invest in the Dante red one, but going to wait and see how their tough armor gets reviewed first.

DPena14

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
Got mine today and I think it just became my favorite case! Great design and feel to it. Saw they dropped some down to $21.99. Definitely a good price for this. Might invest in the Dante red one, but going to wait and see how their tough armor gets reviewed first.

Good to hear! how is the lay on the table design? Can you post some pics of your case?

Nostalgia

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013

pics?

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
Thank you for this post. I currently rock the Belkin Candy Sheer case but this may be the case that ends my search. If only it had a cut out for the apple logo on the back...only then would it be perfect (imo).

Last edited:

Nostalgia

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
I assumed pictures of an ACTUAL case = pictures from the vendor web site.

i never trust overly-good-looking, not real environment/lighting with a touch of photoshop image, define a case or whatever.

nothing like an `actual´ picture !

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
i never trust overly-good-looking, not real environment/lighting with a touch of photoshop image, define a case or whatever.

Good point. Poorly lit and poorly photographed pictures from a stranger on the Internet are always better. :)

Nostalgia

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
Good point. Poorly lit and poorly photographed pictures from a stranger on the Internet are always better. :)

i believe focusing with a camera and taking a picture with decent light, either outside or inside, is rarely a problem.

loving the sarcasm though, kudos to you.

all i´m trying to say is that images from the seller can be sometimes misleading.

iMacca44

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2012
Came here to see if this was a new case as I'd never seen it before : ) As many have said, this looks like it could be my perfect case. Just ordered the white one.

all i´m trying to say is that images from the seller can be sometimes misleading.

Totally agree and would love to see some "real world" pics. The Switcheasy Tones black actually looks black on their website. In reality it's grey.

jayburd

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Hey guys I ordered one, but hasn't arrived. I'll have pics up as soon as possible. In the mean time here are some pictures of the one I had in Dante Red on my old S4.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 7,152
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5,362

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
The satin silver is gonna look good on my black iPhone! Just need to see a really good review before I jump the gun!

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
To whomever has this, can anyone comment on the sturdiness of the frame? I have a similar 2-piece case and the frame snapped over time in the area just above the lightning port because that piece is so thin.

Attachments

• 7-18-2013 9-12-44 AM.png
    7-18-2013 9-12-44 AM.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 3,227

DPena14

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
I ordered mine from the SGP store on Amazon. I got my tracking number 3 days ago and the status hasn't changed from "Electronic Shipping Info Received". This happening to any of you guys?

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
I ordered mine from the SGP store on Amazon. I got my tracking number 3 days ago and the status hasn't changed from "Electronic Shipping Info Received". This happening to any of you guys?
Yes, same here:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.