Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navier-stokes

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
I'm off into Regent Street store tomorrow to see if they have anymore overnight shipments. BTW, they are doing the 4GB upgrade in store as well.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Glasgow store didn't get any in today. They didn't get any delivery.

They expect to have them in tomorrow (Thursday).

navier-stokes

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
Anyone found out when the apple stores actually get their deliveries? Is it over night or during the day do you reckon?

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Glasgow store didn't get any in today. They didn't get any delivery.

They expect to have them in tomorrow (Thursday).

I'm going to call them at 9am tomorrow and if they have stock of the 2GHz model I'm going to make the 1hr 30 trip from my home in Fife.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
I'm going to call them at 9am tomorrow and if they have stock of the 2GHz model I'm going to make the 1hr 30 trip from my home in Fife.

After todays sell out performances, i am gonna head through from edinburgh for opening at 9AM and chance that they have them in.....

I think people will be waiting.... exciting isnt it!!!

:D:D:D

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
This is probably a wise idea, not least because I've got an appointment at 2pm back home. I guess I'll be up at 7.30 tomorrow to make my way there. If they don't have them though...

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
This is probably a wise idea, not least because I've got an appointment at 2pm back home. I guess I'll be up at 7.30 tomorrow to make my way there. If they don't have them though...

If they dont have them i will cry!!!! LOL!

I have read one poster saying that they were turned away from Glasgow today as he didn't have a personal shopper appointment....

I am reluctant to believe his story as i called them today twice and both times they told me they didn't have stock and they expected them tomorrow, so either he made it up or the sales guy told some fibs!!

PS I have just booked an appointment just in case ;):D:cool::apple:

Trivial rock

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Apple store exeter had alot of 2.0 MacBooks and a few MBP 2.4s no 2.53s and only 1x 2.4 MP, it sold out by 9.30 when I got there! Travelled to Bristol who said they would hold a 2.4 MacBook for me, got there and they had sold it!
So after student discount and discount for the inconvenience i got a 2.4 MBP for £1071!!!
Score :D They had alot of the 2.0s in aswel as alot of MBPs (2.4) both are expecting daily refreshes of stock

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
If they dont have them i will cry!!!! LOL!

I have read one poster saying that they were turned away from Glasgow today as he didn't have a personal shopper appointment....

I am reluctant to believe his story as i called them today twice and both times they told me they didn't have stock and they expected them tomorrow, so either he made it up or the sales guy told some fibs!!

PS I have just booked an appointment just in case ;):D:cool::apple:

The woman on the phone to me this afternoon tried to get me interested in a personal shopper appointment. I've booked one too, at 10am just in case they are playing games.

Apple store exeter had alot of 2.0 MacBooks and a few MBP 2.4s no 2.53s and only 1x 2.4 MP, it sold out by 9.30 when I got there! Travelled to Bristol who said they would hold a 2.4 MacBook for me, got there and they had sold it!
So after student discount and discount for the inconvenience i got a 2.4 MBP for £1071!!!
Score :D They had alot of the 2.0s in aswel as alot of MBPs (2.4) both are expecting daily refreshes of stock

This is promising. All I want is the 2.0 model. I'm hoping that the negativity towards it here is going to translate into lower sales in the store so I have no problems getting my hands on one!

Timmbo

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
England
the journey

I think I might get the train from Edinburgh to Glasgow on Saturday morning to go and pick one up. The box for the macbook seems small enough carry easily... but I want to get the back to school offer. Any idea how big the base Canon printer box is?

new2macx

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2008
UK
I phoned the Bluewater store yesterday (Wed) evening about the 2.4 MBs, and they had them in stock then but were selling out pretty quickly. Phoned them again this morning as was going to go up there today, but they'd sold out of the 2.4s and hadn't received any in this morning's delivery.

Phoned Lakeside too this morning and they'd sold out of the "limited stock they'd had" of the 2.4s. Both stores seemed to have plenty of the 2.0 MBs. Think Bluewater had both new MBPs, not sure about Lakeside.

So I've ordered one by phone now with my HE discount. Was originally going to phone around tomorrow again, but since both are about 1hr 15-1hr 30mins drive, I decided that I didn't want to risk them having sold out (when they get them in) by the time I got there. :( Delivery estimate is 31 Oct-3 Nov :( , but at least I've got one earmarked! Hopefully it won't take that long...(7 business days is the 27th not counting Saturdays)- reckon Apple are probably covering themselves as my confirmation says "on or before".

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
I got my 2.4 GHz MAcbook this morning after long drive home im playing with it right now!!!! :D

Funny thing was i wasn't the first person to get one, they erupted with a round of applause as the first guy paid for his about 5 mins before me!

As i walked back to my car i was following someone else who had just purchased it was weird... i felt like i was stalking him, we had parked in the same car park too!!!!!!

I am so chuffed. The screen is awesome, i had a matte MBP before this... but i am really impressed, anyway gonna go play!

PS The trackpad doesn't really look or feel anything like glass...... or is it just me???

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
I got my 2.4 GHz MAcbook this morning after long drive home im playing with it right now!!!! :D

Funny thing was i wasn't the first person to get one, they erupted with a round of applause as the first guy paid for his about 5 mins before me!

As i walked back to my car i was following someone else who had just purchased it was weird... i felt like i was stalking him, we had parked in the same car park too!!!!!!

I am so chuffed. The screen is awesome, i had a matte MBP before this... but i am really impressed, anyway gonna go play!

PS The trackpad doesn't really look or feel anything like glass...... or is it just me???

That was me. I don't know if you noticed me making an absolute mess of the car park exit hitting two kerbs on the way out, once while trying to avoid someone else in a Megane. I'm not used to these tight spaces - the car parks I'm usually in are luxuriously wide!

I thought that crazy applause was a bit odd and the look on others' faces when it happened was funny. The guy that served me was in a right pickle and asked for my name about 4 times.

I made it out with my 2.0 model though - no way was I going to give them the extra £200 (well, £170 with discount) for the 2.4 model. It's currently upstairs ethernetted to my iMac transferring my data.

Trackpad is definitely different but the way I'd describe it is almost like a screen protector is sitting over it. I didn't expect the clicking to be so good - it's just like a big button!

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Apple store in Kingston at Bentall Centre is currently sold out of 2.4 MB.

I can't believe how much more popular this model is - it costs £200 more and you only get a 400MHz faster processor and glowing keys. Is it really worth waiting for or paying all that extra money for?

You could get a Time Capsule or an iPod with the money you save by going for 2.0.

Suasexed

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2006
UK
I can't believe how much more popular this model is - it costs £200 more and you only get a 400MHz faster processor and glowing keys. Is it really worth waiting for or paying all that extra money for?

You could get a Time Capsule or an iPod with the money you save by going for 2.0.
I don't think it's worth the extra, but I guess for some people it is. I find that the light produced from the screen illuminates keyboards sufficiently and like you say the extra could be spent on extras.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
The Apple store in Belfast have stock of the MacBook and MacBook Pro, however they're out of the 2.4GHz MacBook. The guy there said that seemingly nowhere has stock of it right now. It wasn't too busy this morning, I got there about 10:30AM and I was the third person to buy one.

It's sitting right behind me in its box at work, It's taking every last drop of self-restraint to not crack open the box and start playing :)

Edit - Yep, caved in and have opened the box and started playing with it. This thing is beyond beautiful... I never thought I'd ever prefer a MacBook to a MacBook Pro :rolleyes:

navier-stokes

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2008
Got into regent street at half 10 this morning and they had sol out of 2.0's... I got the last 2.4 :D They must be getting small shipments in daily, but they're selling out fast!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Got into regent street at half 10 this morning and they had sol out of 2.0's... I got the last 2.4 :D They must be getting small shipments in daily, but they're selling out fast!

Anyone know if the Apple Stores get new stock in on a Saturday too?

If so, I can keep my fingers crossed that the Bullring store gets a deliver this weekend! :)

corydoras

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
2.4 ghz more popular...

It makes sense to spend the extra money for a bit more ghz. It might not make much difference now, but in 2 years after a few os updates, you might be regretting it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.