New Top Spec 15inch MacBook Pro 2015 being returned

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roberto Barcellona, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Roberto Barcellona macrumors member

Hi there

Felt I had to register and let out my frustration with Apple.

The 1st ever MacBook Pro I bought in 2010 had to send back after 3months for hardware issue, now sending this one back because of yellow tint in the screen

I have attached a photo to show you my 2010 MBP (right) and my new 2015 MBP (left).

I'm so disappointed with Apple have been let down so many times with there products, yes they eventually sort it out but always stressful.

Has anyone had this issue on their new 2015 MBP?

Sorry had to let off some steam, was so excited and now disappointed.

Roberto :(

Attached Files:

2. MacDevMike macrumors regular

Thats pretty strange, did you try walking it into an Apple store and having them look at it/exchange it? I'm not always a fan of their hardware choices but their support and customer service is bottled excellence IMO.

3. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

Because I ordered online I'm not allowed to go in store for a replacement so I have to send it back, then they will send me a new one. Estimated delivery minimum 15th June.

They wanted to repair it after showing photos but have only had it a week.

I don't know others experience with Apple but products poor and customer service excellent. That's probably why they have great customer servicer because products are not to the high standard we pay for.

4. Smoothie macrumors 6502

If there's nothing else wrong with your new computer, one option short of returning the MBP is to calibrate the screen using a colorimeter. If you have any photographer friends, they may have one that you could borrow. Or you can buy one for about $130, like the Spyder5 Express. This will create a color profile to closely match industry standards. An advantage of having one is that all LCD panels change color rendition as they age, so you could periodically re-calibrate.

5. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

My 2010 screen is great, I don't see why I should have do that, sorry but so frustrated at the moment.

Have been going crazy all day with editing videos thinking there was something wrong with my camera then put the videos on my 2010 and all good.

Not good enough 6th problem now with Apple products.

6. Studflower macrumors member

What panel model do you have?

I have a yellow tint on my 0610 A02E Samsung screen (15" mid 2015), but I don't think it's nearly as bad as that...

7. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

How do I find that out?

8. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

How do you know it's the new one that's wrong and not the old? If the tint is uniform across the screen, it's not faulty. Both screens should be calibrated to the same reference point before you can say one is wrong.

9. leman macrumors 604

Did you actually try calibrating the screen?

10. cookies! macrumors 6502

Do try calibrating the screen first. I've never seen serious color issues with the 15" screens... only with the 13".

11. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

The footage on my camera screen matches that of my 2010 MBP when I looked back.

12. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

It's too late now I have started the process of sending it back.

13. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

I don't even know how to calibrate a screen.

Thanks for all all your help guys, just want it to be up a running from the box, don't have time to do these things myself lol I have enough to do already.

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It's time you learned. If you're that concerned about color accuracy, then all laptop screens should be calibrated for accuracy. Otherwise you're returning MacBook Pros for defects that probably don't exist, and relying completely on luck of the draw to get one that just happens to be calibrated out of the box to your taste.

15. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

Just did what you said the screen is still very yellow, going back.

16. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

And that would be the actual problem.

17. vladzaharia macrumors regular

That's impossible if you properly calibrated. Obviously your LCD has blue diodes, or else you would have no blue whatsoever in your videos (and the other colors would be messed up) so a proper calibration would have compensated for the yellow.

18. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

I have just calibrated the screen various settings and is still very yellow. Even the setting which is 5500K the screen is still yellow.

It looks like what is in the picture, it's not right, if you could see the screen 1st hand you would see something isn't right.

19. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

When I say very yellow I'm exagerating a bit, it hasn't changed from the picture I posted.

20. ano0oj macrumors 6502

Not sure if there's anything to complain about here - if there's an hardware issue Apple is usually overwhelmingly helpful, give them a call and let them know you are needing a laptop for work urgently, I'm sure they'll work something out to expedite it and get it to you within the next few days or give you a generous discount on some accessories

21. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

The support person I spoke to at Apple said he also had this problem and had to return his computer.

22. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

The earliest they can get it is the 15th June and they didn't offer me any discount.

I'm not complaining about the customer service, I'm confident they will sort it out.

23. krishmk macrumors regular

You don't need to explain to others on your actions. It is your money, do as you feel necessary.
    If I was in your situation and tried few things and that did not resolve the issue, I would not waste any minute, just returned it for a new one.

24. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

Agreed. Think you'd need to make the screen hotter (more blue). Sounds like the older laptop was, the newer one is cooler.

25. W123a macrumors newbie

Your new laptop actually looks much closer to D65 standard than your old one. Old one is far too blue. Have you ever seen a properly calibrated screen? They look much more "Warm" than what most people are used to.