New Video by the bendgate guy (he looks mad)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dmaynard83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

2. jerrahh macrumors regular

why dont you just post on the other 2 threads with this video already posted 25 times.

3. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I'd be mad too if I made a simple video to demonstrate problems people were having and then got accused of blatantly lying, libel, having people say I should be sued for all my money, having people accuse me of being a shill etc.

You expect him to not be upset when you have apple attack dogs rabidly biting at him and accusing him of all these things and saying he should get sued for all the money he owns?

4. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

This one is so faked. He clearly passed the phone off for a different one off camera.

5. Zxxv Suspended

I think you guys won't be happy untill he walks into an apple store and bends the display units

6. iregret macrumors 6502

If he is 100% concerned with proving its not faked, why not put together a video that proves it? It wouldn't be that hard. The fact is, the phone panned off camera. You can't deny that.

7. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

iPhone bends at 70lb of pressure according the consumer reports, which isn't much at all. If you sat on it on a soft chair, it would be bent.

He's applying easily that force on a smaller area (thumbs) so I'm sure it would bend like that no problem.

For people saying it's fake and don't believe that result - make a video of you applying that pressure to your iPhone 6/6+ and see what happens.

I wouldn't do it to mine because I'm sure the phone is a bit flimsy. Don't care though, still loving it regardless. I'll just make sure to treat it gently.

8. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

OMG...this is proof that there are actually people on this board with some freaking common sense. :eek:

9. Brian Y macrumors 68040

IMO it's akin to driving a car into a post and saying "Well see this piece of metal, if you crash it, it will bend".

10. sinister184 macrumors member

It's really not. Going to be a lot of bent phones this gen.

11. deviant macrumors 65816

If I sit on my phone it will probably bend? NOSH*T. I just punched my 40" TV. The screen isn't working anymore, what should I do?

12. Miltz macrumors 6502

Am I the only who noticed he used A LOT more force and did less damage in his first video. In this video he bend is EXTREMELY easy. It doesn't make sense.

13. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

14. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Get a grip mate, punching a tv screen is not normal use (and you will need to punch hard to make any significant damage).

Phone in your pocket or even accidentally sit on top (women being doing this since forever) its a normal behavior and if the phone bents its just not the superior build quality people always claim with the iPhone.

My iPhone 5s feels solid and that one had problems were people bent it with normal use, the new iPhones are just fragile and whe gonna have do deal with it.

15. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

He's getting better at it#

16. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Why is it so hard for people to believe that a thin piece of metal can be bent :eek::rolleyes: Go and push on your car's hood and see what happens.

I have no doubt I can fold my iPhone 6 in half, if I was paid to do so :D

17. FireCapt macrumors regular

FireCapt

Don't know why you guys entertain yourselves with this obvious "fandriod" ****. :mad: Really, Any moron that does a Lou Ferigno on his phone is an idiot. it's not meant to be a grip strength tester, it's a Damn Phone folks. :rolleyes: That being said, I've had my for a week , doing EVERYTHING that I did with my old iPhone 4. meaning I did NOT change my habits or usage of the handset One iota. no bends. Flat as the day I removed it from the box;):apple:

This phone bending **** is getting stupid.

18. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

The guy just doesn't get it. Bending it like that IS NOT NORMAL USE. Fracking idiot!!!

19. deviant macrumors 65816

You get a grip. You do not sit on your phones. If you do - it's your fault. It's not "normal behavior". End of story.

20. megapopular macrumors 6502a

I'm going to the Apple Store to test this Bendgate theory.

21. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Exactly. You are supposed to take care of your expensive stuff. I mean, really. People have no respect for anything that they buy anymore and blame everyone else when it breaks. Take care of your ****, people.

22. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Can't read mate? Notice how I say accidentally sit on your phone and trust me it's pretty dam normal, no phone have bent by my butt.

What's next for you? It's not normal for people to put a phone in pockets?

Again get a grip, I bet if it was a Samsung phone in this videos you will claim the opposite and state how apple have the superior build quality.

End of story ;)

23. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

These videos are pointless sure its not as tough as other phones that doesnt mean they all will bend

24. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Whe are not talking about people dropping their phones lol this will be a big issue in the future when people start to notice their iPhone bending over time.

I always run my phone naked but this time is going to be on a case while I'm out of the house.

25. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Yeah I don't know why he'd go through the trouble of setting it up.

He also said the SIM card was removed 'for obvious reasons'... What the hell does that mean?

Not that I'm saying the video is faked but it just doesn't make sense.