New Zagg Extreme shield?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Benenstein, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Benenstein macrumors regular

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Ive always had a good experience with Zagg. I just came accross the "Extreme" shield. Protects against any kind of extreme shocks to the iPhone; drops, paintball gun, even firecrackers! At least in the video. Sounds like a good idea to me! I break my iPhone so easily! I was thinking about getting a Lifeproof case again, but i'd rather get this screen protector and a regular case. The only issue ive had with the Zagg screen protectors is that its harder to find a case that fits since it adds that little bit more of thickness to the phone. What do you guys think? I hope this case doesnt mess with the clarity of the retina display.

I need a good case for my iPhone 5...do you guys have any recommendations besides these? Mind you, i have horrible luck with dropping my phones...

2. Jnyce macrumors regular

wait a couple days when all the cases and such start coming out...:cool:

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

Is this extreme screen protector as clear as the zagg HD ?

4. TurkEclipse macrumors newbie

I have always gotten the Zagg shields. Last year I got one for my 4s but had issues with the case. I like cases that come over the bezel. I ended up not using it. I dont think I need one. too expensive anyway.

5. pragmatous macrumors 65816

You don't need a screen protector with gorilla glass.

6. busterbluth macrumors 6502

Ive had a screen protector on and dropped the phone from standing height and it still cracked. That being said, this new product seems crazy. I would like an explanation of how a screen protector can defend against a bowling ball falling on it?? Any volunteers to demonstrate?

7. adenbeckitt macrumors member

That is absolutely insane. Can't see how it could work but...

8. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

I dont like these wet apply shields, i cant stand the orange peel effect.

9. EclecticGent macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing as well. I wish they would set up a kiosk at the malls so that I could see this thing in action. I have owned a couple of invisible shields for various devices and have never particularly liked the application process. However, their claims are interesting to say the least!

10. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Zagg does have Kiosks in malls. You need to search their website to see if one is near you. Alot of times they are set up right outside of the Apple store!

11. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

Thats why I went to Bodyguardz..... they are clear with no orange peel effect.

12. thedonva macrumors newbie

iPhone has Gorilla glass or you are pointing out that your phone is better?

I don't believe the iPhone has Gorilla glass, am I mistaken?

13. pragmatous macrumors 65816

14. Awjvail macrumors 6502

The multiple deep scratches on my iPhone 4's gorilla glass disagree.

15. pragmatous, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

pragmatous macrumors 65816

Video or it didn't happen.

Apparently the android phone is better than iPhone because android phones float in midair when you let go of it.

See how people can say anything online and not have to provide any evidence?

I'll take your no evidence and raise you evidence.
    iPhone 4 - cracked screen Gorilla Glass abuse testing!!!!

16. thedonva macrumors newbie

The new iPhone will have Gorilla Glass 2. There is a nice video online that shows how much abuse this can take. I'm tempted to go oh natural - does the $99 Apple Care cover scratches?

17. psedog macrumors newbie

Gorilla glass is very strong, but Apple didn't protect the sides of the glass. The side is always the weakest link. This is why the iPhone 4 and 4s break so easily. You can hit them in the middle and the glass will be fine. The edge on the other hand...

18. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

I saw the extreme shield and almost decided to get it, but instead opted for the case-friendly-cut HD. I've had a front and back on my 4S since release, and while I dislike that they discolor over time (usually get slightly darker after being in my jeans pocket), the protection is amazing. This go 'round, I decided to forgo the back shield though, since theres much less glass to actually scratch.

19. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'm waiting for Power Support's Crystal Film. Best screen protectors I've ever used.

20. Tremulant macrumors newbie

Zagg is the least innovative company I have ever seen. Wrapsol has carried this product for years, and they stand behind it. Zagg's guarantee is a joke. Good luck ever getting them to replace your phone when you drop it and it breaks. Good luck even trying to get them to replace the protector!

And has anyone even looked at the cut that Zagg is sending out for iPhone 5? It looks horrible! And it's not even shipping until Sep 25th - Oct 2nd for the iPhone 5.

[​IMG]

There are so many better options people. I don't understand the brand loyalty to Zagg. They have THE WORST customer service of any company I have dealt with, and their products are sub-par copies of previous innovators.

Better options for a clear skin:

Wrapsol Ultra - Same protection, same price, better service & better company overall

BodyGuardz clear skin - No drop protection, but their cut looks really tight and they're already shipping their product

21. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Perhaps those are better products, but I just want to address points quoted above. Have you ever even dealt with Zagg or their customer service? B/c I have on several occasions. Each and every time they responded quickly, were courteous, and completely stood behind their products. I've replaced several Invisishields and never had any issues. Ever.

That was quite the rant, but your experience(s), if you even had one, isn't/aren't the rule.

22. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

This. No matter how many times I've requested replacement, I've received in, and in one case I ended up getting two shields, one wet one dry, to check on an issue I was having. They're customer service is great, prompt, and the person I was in contact with was very nice. Also, I'm not entirely sure where he's getting that iPhone 5 shields aren't shipping yet, as I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped yesterday as well.

23. Tremulant macrumors newbie

Whoa, sorry guys, didn't mean to offend. Just posting my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. I have purchased a lot of protective products for my mac devices and I have my own preferences. I am still a noob here so maybe I should keep my negatives to minimum.

Zagg made an enemy of me early on, and maybe they have improved a lot since then.

24. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

No worries. You just seemed pretty worked up, but didn't really state why. Just made a bunch of accusations.

Next time maybe lay out your arguments and explain your bad experiences. I, for one, would've been much more receptive to that. BTW, nothin' wrong with being a noob. :)

25. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Zagg has replaced several InvisibleSheilds for me for free, many times including installation. They have great customer service, as far as I've seen. I always go to their own retail store in Salt Lake City. Maybe it's different at places like mall kiosks that have bad service but I've never had a problem with them. I highly recommend it.