Next gen iPad X mockup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ariehendrikse, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ariehendrikse macrumors newbie

ariehendrikse

Quick poor quality mockup of an iPhone X style iPad, with true depth camera system. Maybe someone can do a better one.https://imgur.com/a/2zLoH

2. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

hmmm.... notch looks even worse on the iPad mockup.

is that the new 14" iPad, I'm waiting for the 16.3" Pro.... ;P

3. Richard8655 macrumors 65816

Richard8655

Nice and very credible as bezel disappearance trend continues.

4. madgibbon macrumors regular

Looks nice, would be horrible to use. How would you hold it without your fingers getting in the way of content. I'm under the agreement that tablets need some form of bezel to make it easier to hold. Phones with no bezels are fine as most people cradle them in one hand.

5. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Hopefully the notch does not make it's way over to the iPad! The notch should be looked at as a challenge to eliminate, not something to add across the entire product line.

6. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

The only thing they need to solve is the pillar-boxing. The Notch is the new iPhone silhouette.

7. AppleAlfred macrumors member

AppleAlfred

I'm not sure I would want an iPad with no bezels. You don't hold it the same way you do a phone, and even though most of the time I use my iPad Pro on the Smart Keyboard; I still need to hold it sometimes. This would make that a nightmare.

8. tambur123 macrumors member

Ooo god forbid! First, that notch is horrible on all content and second, no bezels on a tablet will make it harder to use.

9. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

If the iPad changes to look like that, my 10.5 iPP would be the last one I own!

10. bensisko macrumors 65816

How are people holding the iPad?

I never touch the bezels on the iPad when I hold it, just the edges. I would LOVE a bezel-less iPad!

11. fokmik macrumors 68040

i still think next ipad can have the top and bottom bezel size as the current 10.5" sides bezels and this way

12. kasakka macrumors 68020

I often hold a thumb over the bezel. I think the 12.9" model could have slightly smaller bezels, around the 10.5" size. I don't see a good reason to have a bezelless screen and the stupid notch on the iPad. You'd just end up with tons of unwanted edge touches.

13. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Don't see iPads going this way. It's not a phone, doesn't need to be without a bezel, the 10.5 Pro bezel is fine. I have a 12.9 and don't see any issue with the bezel...

Side note, I don't know why Apple insisted on that wallpaper throughout the iPhone X launch and release. It's ugly as hell. Throw one of their ocean or mountain ones on there and it's an automatic upgrade on appearance.

14. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

There is nothing I dont like about that. I would love it if it came in a mini version also :p

15. bensisko macrumors 65816

I wouldn’t have unwanted edge touches, but I guess you would.

I don’t know, i’d Ben genuinely curious if a bezel-less edge really would cause issues.

16. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I hope they don’t add the notch on the next iPad. The notch on the iPhone X does not bother me because I always hold in portrait orientation but on my iPad, I always hold in landscape view. Having the notch on the left and right is bothersome. The notch at the top on iPhone X is alright.

17. Loge macrumors 68030

Loge

The 10.5 is already the reduced bezels iPad; there's no need to take it to another level.

18. Low country macrumors 6502

The day that ugly notch comes to any other iOS device other than the X which I will never buy is the day I bow out from Apple.

19. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

There’s always a need for the next level, even if there’s not actually a need. If Apple left the design the same year after year people would complain about Apple lacking innovation. Lol

20. Royksöpp macrumors 6502a

Royksöpp

21. Low country macrumors 6502

That looks great!! Thats exactly what the iPhone X should have been. Absolutely NO REASON they couldn't put all their fancy cameras and sensors in a straight bezel instead of that disgustingly poorly designed "notch" that interferes with everything displayed on the screen.

22. naturalstar macrumors 6502a

naturalstar

Please let the notch live and die with the iPhone. Let the iPad not be defiled.

23. bensisko macrumors 65816

I disagree. I would rather have the “notch” instead of any kind of bezel.

24. Low country macrumors 6502

And that my friend is why I have the iPhone 8 and you have the X.

25. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

I quite like that design 'notch and all' but the palm rejection had better be a cut above what's on the MacBook trackpads :confused: