Next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Prissy, May 7, 2009.

1. Prissy macrumors 6502

Hi all, did you guys hear anything about the next generation of iPhone? Is it coming out in 2010? Or any infos? I am about to get 2 iPhones, 1 for myself, 1 for my wife. So if there is a new one coming out soon then we rather wait. Thanks! By the way please don't flame me... This is my 1st post haha.:)

2. RHatton macrumors regular

The Worldwide Developers Conference is in about 30 days so we will see what they announce. This is usually when Steve Jobs would do his Keynote presentation and debut their new products. They are supposed to be releasing an iphone with a new hardware upgrade so that is a possibility alongside a preview of OS X 10.6.

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

June 8 will be the announcement, nothing official until then.

/end thread.

4. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys! So the new iPhone with the new hardware upgrade will have a new look right? But I don't know if I can wait that long til it comes out. By the way do you guys know if the refurbished iPhone from AT&T will include a NEW battery? and 1 year warranty?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

A new look? highly doubtful, at best the new iPhone will have a few or small set of hardware updates, nothing earth shattering nothing major imo.

The biggest update will be the OS, not the hardware.

6. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

ahh, so even if they announce a new iPhone in June, it will be only software/hardware changes... the phone will still look the same.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

For all we know, the next iPhone could change it's look dramatically. No one will know exactly what updates will happen to the iPhone until it's announced. That will most likely happen at WWDC in a month.

If you want the iPhone now, get it.

8. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

No one will no for sure until they announce. It might look a little different and it might not.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Wait till WWDC is over... or at the very start at least.

10. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

oh my... that's 1 month away, I hate this situation..
    By the way do you guys know if the refurbished iPhone from AT&T will include a NEW battery? and 1 year warranty?

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It will come with the 1 year warranty, battery will be the same. Also, you can't wait 1 month?

Sheesh....:eek:

12. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know... I still can't decide yet lol... But I am going to head to the AT&T store now. be back later!

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Patience is a virtue and in this case a very smart move. waiting only a month is a small price to pay if you want the latest and greatest. My initial response to your thread is that I don't believe apple is going to have any major updates with the phone but I don't know for sure and given that WWDC is just around the corner, why get something now only to regret it in a month

14. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

just got back from the ATT store... They said they are coming out with a 24gb one soon... maybe that'll be the new model? Anyways, do you guys think 8gb will be enough for my use? I know I would use up about 4-5 gb on mp3s, maybe 1-2 gb on video files. But I'll be downloading lots of applications, so do you guys think 8gb will be too small for me?

15. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

The AT&T Store knows the same as everyone else outside of Apple. Nothing. Probably be a 16GB and 32GB models if it's anything bigger. Just wait 4 weeks.

16. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

I am going back to the AT&T store again... going to get them now!:D

17. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

You're going to buy the current models phones? why? makes no sense..

18. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

In about a month he'll regret his decision and start a new thread about it.

19. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Woo hoo for shorter lines in June/July! I've been out of contract since February and he can't even wait one month? His loss.

20. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

You can't top me !

I don't even have an iPhone. Waiting since 2007 :eek:

Hope Steve will not disappoint me this year.

21. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Just thinking - why does it normally double - i.e. the expectation of a 32GB handset versus 24GB?

22. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

i think it is the same like mac/pc memory chips. You just expect it. BTW it's sounds much better by announcing : Folks, we doubled the capacity.

23. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Dude, if they even release the phone on the 8th, you will be 1 day out of the return/exchange period. That sucks.

I'd have waited a month. I've been waiting since 2007, so I hope to hell Apple comes through at WWDC with an updated phone.

24. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

alright guys... you guys should've told me 1/2 hr earlier lol. but anyways no regrets at the moment... but can't guarantee 1 month later haha..

Anyways, I am a newbie to iPhone and have some questions hope you guys can help me out:
    1) My girl she doesn't want the $30 internet access... I was told by my friend that I can cancel that once I get the phone, but the rep from AT&T told me that if I try to cancel that, AT&T will add that service back on w/o telling us... so who's true?
    2) does the $30 internet access plan include umlimited text msgs?

25. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

I really don't care about the gigs right now. Hope they are just adding the gb to the upcoming model lol.. ya flame me for this lol