NFL season 2009-2010

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PCsucks, Apr 30, 2009.

1. PCsucks macrumors member

With the NFL draft done with i think we should start looking toward the 2009-2010 season. Also post here to grade your teams draft picks.

GO GIANTS:D

2. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

My prediction is Eagles vs. Steelers next February...and that's coming from a Bayou Boy. I'm basing this on off-season moves thus far and of course the draft.

GEAUX SAINTS!!! :p

3. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

p.s.
    If the Saints pick up Edgerrin James we'll be representing the NFC next February. Defense improved tremendously over previous years and all we need is that extra "umpf" on third downs and goal line situations.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

the big question is: will Michael Vick be playing somewhere?

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

if he is you know it will be with the Raiders.

6. fotografica macrumors 68040

As long as Al Davis owns the Raiders,Michael Vick and Plaxico Burress will have a team to play for...

7. PCsucks thread starter macrumors member

lol the raiders had the worst draft ever they could have gotten crabtree lol al davis is on crack:p

8. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Crabtree was sure acting like a spoiled brat after the Raiders pulled their stunt.

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

haha, yeah i know. but that's if he's allowed to play.

10. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

Not to mention Usain Bolt ;)

If draft is graded on combined height and/or combined weight, then the Dolphins would have had a stellar draft. I am quite pleased that they picked up Vontae Davis to boost their secondary (especially now they have to face TO and Randy Moss twice) and that late in the first round too. Let's hope Vontae is as good as his brother and not a bust like Jason Allen has turned out to be.

The rest remain to be seen, intrigued by the Pat White pick, could be genius or it could be yet another wasted second round QB.

11. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Your my new Best Friend! :D

GO GIANTS!!!!

12. PCsucks thread starter macrumors member

LOL yeah man i am a big Giants fan, can't wait for the season starts so we can beat the rednecks,cowturds,and the E-girls

13. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

haha I gotta use those nicknames , I have many family members that are fans of the Cowturds :D

14. DEVILMAYCRY99 macrumors newbie

the big question is: will Michael Vick be playing somewhere?

15. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Haha. That's a good one. Edge isn't a power back and never was.

Er, what? Vernon Davis was drafted to be a superstar tight end. At the moment it's not even a stretch to say he's been a huge bust.

16. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

We covered that a bit higher up in the thread.

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I greatly look forward to Tom Brady's triumphant return!

[​IMG]

18. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

Vernon started off okay and had quite a promising rookie season. His problem was injuries and an absolutely dire team. If Vontae has as promising a rookie season then it will be a lot better than Jason Allen who has done nothing and has been thoroughly outplayed by just about everyone on the Dolphin's secondary.

19. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ok. I just thought it was funny/strange for someone to wish a player's career turned out like Vernon Davis'.

20. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I have had mixed feelings about him. Let's say he fulfills his sentence, and then becomes an anti-dogfighting crusader of great effect. Then it may seem plausible. God may forgive Micheal Vick, but many football fans won't. I remember when Pete Rose fell from grace and it was a long time before people came around to forgiving him. Many still don't forgive Mr. Rose.

I think if Vick does play, and somehow gets involved in dog fighting again, or really any felony, I worry about what kind of message that will give to the young people of the world. NFL players are primarily paid to play, but due to exposure around the world, they have (maybe reluctantly) become role models.

On another sports hero note, it was so sad to see what type of a** Dennis Rodman had become when I watched celebrity apprentice.

21. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Being a Raiders fan, I wish to correct you. They often take some problem players, but usually give life to washed out injured or older players. They used to have a fearsome image, but taking in Vick because of his "other life" is not what football or the Raiders is about.

Now I would believe your statement if the Raiders hired Charles Manson or Scott Peterson as Defensive Coordinator. ;)

22. fotografica macrumors 68040

Thank you MNF!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=Ak33YPd7EHnwM42T_0T2ihRDubYF?urn=nfl,164086

Not sure I buy his fear of flying excuse,but thankfully he's off MNF.. It was painful watching/listening to him. A drunk Joe Namath or a bitter Joe Theisman would have been better...Gruden should be fun in the booth..

23. McShizzel macrumors regular

As a Chargers fan I will be cheering for them.

As for Vick, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him back in the NFL but I think most teams will be reluctant to signing him even though I still think hes still got it.

I don't know, I think he'll probably see an offer from AFL before anything from the NFL, NFL Europe or the CFL for that matter.

24. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

John Madden has a summer home in my small town of 1,800 people and is a business partner with my friend. From all accounts of people who work with John, or know him, he's not a fan of air travel. He often traveled long distances on his own big bus.

Of course, there may have been times where he had to fly since he seemed to be everywhere at the same time.

I have a terrible fear of flying and it wasn't exactly easy to go to college for a semester in London. It was white knuckle all the way there and back. On a congratulations vacation somebody partially paid for, I had to go to Hawaii and even though it was smooth and uneventful, it was very hard on my nerves. It's not just the flight but the 48 hours that leads up to a flight which includes irritability, sleeplessness, and body aches. But until high school, I loved flying and went to Hawaii, Las Vegas, and Japan a couple of times. Go figure. :)

25. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

NFL Europe went the way of the Dodo...