No iPad Air 3 this year!! WHY??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Billy95Tech, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Billy95Tech, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015

Billy95Tech Suspended

So it looks like the recent reports that there won't a new Ipad Air 3 this year!! :( :(

A big shame for me because i am waiting for the Ipad Air 3 this fall which will be my 1st ever ipad and i don't really want to buy the Ipad Air 2 as it is neally a year old now.

I really hope there will be a new Ipad Air(3) this year!

What do you think everyone? Are you waiting for the Ipad Air 3? And if there is no new Ipad Air this year what are you going to do? For me if that happens i will be buying the Ipad Air 2 because i can't wait another year for a new ipad air as i really really want to get a ipad!

2. strifecow macrumors newbie

Ok good for you?

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

IF there's no iPad Air 3 then you still might try the Air 2.
    iOS 9 adds new features that really breathe new life into it.
    Get a refurbished one.
    Maybe even add AppleCare+ to it and then when the 3 does come out you should be able to sell the 2 for a minimal loss.

4. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

Ok but I will not get a refurbished ipad, I will get a completely new ipad that has not got any broken bits or a bit damaged and have been used before.

In fact i will never ever buy a refurbished product in my life!!!!

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Did we need another thread? What was wrong with the existing one?

6. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

There's is nothing wrong with the exisiting thread.

I just wanted to make my own thread which is a bit different then the existing thread and there is nothing wrong in doing so.

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Don't knock it til you try it. I've own Apple refurbished products before, and never had any issue with them. Aside from the box, you'll never know the difference.

8. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

But still i wlll NEVER EVER buy a refurbished product even from Apple!

9. madsci954 macrumors 68030

It seems you don't understand Apple's refurb process. The item is tested, stripped down, broken parts replaced with new, reassembled, retested, and give a new warranty, the exact same warranty and coverage given to new items.

Heck, for all you know, the refurb item may never have been opened by the original owner, so it's still new.

10. newellj macrumors 601

The refurbs are arguably better than the new ones. You could buy a new one and it could have a problem that results in it going back to Apple for warranty repair...the refurbs have already had the bugs worked out (or so we hope).

11. newellj macrumors 601

The Air 2 was basically a full year ahead of its operating system and its apps. The Air 2 and iOS 9 should have been introduced together. If there is no Air 3 this year, that will be why (or at least part of why).

12. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Yes, someone probably spit on it and put it in the box.

13. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

14. Rusty33 macrumors 6502

Rusty33

Haha - outstanding.

What does it take to become an 'analyst' anyway? I should set up a twitter account...

15. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Trickhot3102

Where are these reports coming from? Why wouldn't there be an Air 3

16. Rusty33 macrumors 6502

Rusty33

Credible 'sources' obviously;)

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Great, they still if anything are tested more extensively than new ones. And if you ever have a warranty replacement from apple they will replace it with a refurb unit unless it is too new of a model for there to be any refurbs available yet.

18. Billy95Tech, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

You lot can try to convince me to buy a refurbished product all you want but yous lot are failling big time, i am not changing my mind at all!!.

As i said i will never ever buy a refurbished product, i prefer ANY product that i buy to be brand new, untouched and not been damaged!!

19. Billy95Tech, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

Anyway we are going of topic here, So lets get back to the main topic here!!!

So What do you think everyone? Are you waiting for the Ipad Air 3? And if there is no new Ipad Air this year what are you going to do? For me if that happens i will be buying the Ipad Air 2 because i can't wait another year for a new ipad air as i really really want to get a ipad!

20. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I suspect the the refurb store is Apple's "secret" way of selling excess inventory at a discount without impacting the higher prices for the same item in the stores. It works, because some people are scared of the risk of buying "refurb" or just the stigma.

My experience: I bought an original Apple TV from the refurb store maybe a year after the product had been launched. It came in regular retail packaging just like the "new" product selling beside it. Obvious conclusion: Apple had over-produced, the item wasn't selling very well (it was quite expensive new, IIRC) and they had to clear out a warehouse "quietly" without the media catching onto the fact that the product was a bit of a flop.

So, OP, we're only trying to save you money here on last-years tech. But do as you will.

And BTW, you do realize that iPads get touched by someone in the factory, yes?

[​IMG]

21. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have a perfect iPad Air 2 and am very happy. I will only replace it if they come out with the iPad Pro.

To the OP, I hope you find that perfect iPad Air 2!

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Please stay on topic, this is not about refurbs and if the OP wants a brand new model instead of a refurb that's his choice and money.

23. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'm going to keep using my iPad Air 2, is what I'm going to do. What else is there to do? I can't force Apple to make a new product, just for me.

And if there's an iPad Air 3? Probably will still keep using my iPad Air 2, unless the Air 3 does something phenomenal above and beyond the 2. Most iPad users seem to keep their iPads for longer than a year anyway, and it's because they're very capable tablets.

That said, this year will likely be the year of the iPad Pro... which personally, I have no practical use for a tablet that freakin' big. But hey, I said the same thing a year ago about the iPhone 6 Plus, and yet on launch day, there I was at 3 am feverishly ordering one online. :)

Bottom line:I'm not going to make any plans until I see the products and what they can do. If they're worth the cost of upgrading to, I'll upgrade. If not, I'll keep using what I have and wait for the next refresh.

Great, get an iPad Air 2. Though you should probably see what the Pro has in store if/when it's announced. Perhaps that might serve you better. And hey, get it new if you absolutely insist. Just pray that nothing ever goes wrong with it, because guess what you'll be getting if there's a defect? :)

24. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

there is no IPAD AIR 3 this year...

25. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

Thanks!! :)