Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danoc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
You know, the tablet industry is maturing. It will be difficult to hope a new tablet every year. The iPad Air 2 is pretty much all you can do in the hardware side of the business for a couple of years.

It might get force touch in a year or so. As many have said, the Air 2 looks like the iPad 2. ie. the longest supported model.

Reactions: Billy95Tech

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
The latest industry figures clearly confirm that the tablet market is maturing, probably already mature. Whether manufacturers can resist the urge to iterate, or avoid the appearance of iterating, is different thing, though. I wouldn't bet either way right now. The Air 2, as I've said before, is fully suitable for iOS 9. iOS 9 is actually a year late; it should have been introduced with the Air 2.

Reactions: Billy95Tech

Merlin9

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2011
My guess is that there will be a new Ipad with 8,9" display and the Ipad Pro. No more updated Ipad Mini and no more updated Ipad air. Perhaps as a cheaper version.This would help the Iphone 6 Plus (s) with perhaps a 6" display later when the power button is ditched and the Ipad Pro (especially) will help the tablet sales...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.