No iPad mania :(. Report your apple store experience

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Radio, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Radio macrumors 68000

I guess people are content with older ipads and apple did a great job with presales and inventories.

Everyone seems able to stroll in.

Oh well.

Your experience?

2. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I just now got a white 16gb wi-fi model at Target. Employee told me that I missed the line that was ready at store opening (about half an hour prior). They still had about seven total left, mine was the last 16gb.

3. Thrilledge macrumors regular

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, I much rather see huge lines, depleted supplies, long waits, scalpers making millions, mass panic and hysteria, you know, the usual... :rolleyes:

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

Not long as expected. Most probably preordered to avoid all of this, plus its available at a lot of locations. I arrived around 7:30, I was out by 8:30.

6. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I guess its funny to see people equate long lines and out of stock inventory as signs of a successful launch.

In my opinion, having millions of units sold while there's plenty left for those who want them so they can get it with no stress and without paying huge markups to scalpers is TRULY a successful launch.

7. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

There were BIG queues at the Apple Store near me this morning (estimated 400-450) but seems like they had a lot of stock, and a LOT of staff, because they had cleared the line by 9.40am, and people could just walk in

8. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

There were preorders. People are at home waiting for deliveries. What did you expect?

9. OSMac macrumors 65816

10. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I'm also intrigued that people seem to want the hysteria. Maybe it makes those of us that pre ordered feel superior in some way that we avoided the craziness. Believe me, if Apple hadn't done the pre order it would be a mad house.

I was buying a new one regardless, but I much prefer a smooth experience with a high likelihood of being able to get what I want. I hope the crazy days are gone to be honest.

11. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Best Buy on 23rd in NYC had no line. They had barricades up last night but this morning there was no one on line. Plenty of stock available, all models.

12. bigdogn12 macrumors member

I was the first one in line at my local apple store. Was there at 6pm yesterday evening, totally unnecessary. :(

13. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Maybe after the fracas that broke out at one of their China stores, Apple decided that selling the product directly to the customers (pre-order) made more sense than the feel good PR that comes from long lines in front of their stores..

14. Papillo macrumors member

I was just about to ask this. Dont use this board as a barometer of the rest of the world. people on here care a whole lot more than the average joe about these products.

15. Radio thread starter macrumors 68000

Was looking to flip one of my iPads.

Oh well it's just going back then

16. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, but think about it! You can brag you camped out at the Apple store for 16 hours and got an iPad 3!!!! Congrats!!!!

17. Papillo macrumors member

I was just about to ask this. Dont use this board as a barometer of the rest of the world. people on here care a whole lot more than the average joe about these products. Like i said in a previous post, i had a feeling it would be well stocked and with a good number of people sticking with the 2, available for a while.

18. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Haha stupid scalpers.

19. Papillo macrumors member

hang onto it for a few more days and see if apple runs out. you may still be able to flip it. but for not as much as you could in the past.

20. urkel macrumors 68030

I hate that im reading people Equating "No iPad Mania" doesn't mean "No iPad sales". Apple did the right thing for the consumer by allowing presales so it'll really suck if the media latches onto this idea that Apple is somehow failing because they don't have artificial lines clogging the malls. People are interested, it's just that most were smart enough to buy online and not allow a launch to dictate their life.

That said, I'm in line at best buy because I needed 3 and Apple only allowed two preorders. :D

21. diabolic macrumors 68000

Doing a better job with availability is good. I'm 100% certain they will sell more than last year's launch.

22. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Remember last year, when everyone was enraged at how long it was going to take them to get their new iPad 2?

23. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'm over the moon Apple have sorted out their stock levels for the demand. I was able to be at the launch today but its great to know I have a good chance of getting one monday.

24. Radio thread starter macrumors 68000

?

Not sure how that's funny. If I don't sell it's a quick trip to apple.

Either way I have an iPad and you don't so HA!

25. dgstan macrumors 6502a

The other thing you've got to remember is that the process of selling an iPad is a lot quicker than an iPhone, so the stores are able to go through the lines way faster. 75% of iPad sales are as simple as swiping a credit card.