Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

No Media Event around April 1st?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

bcsmith

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Oaktown, CA
Seems to make sense seeing that the First is a Saturday. I think that I'll join the chorus of people saying that either Tuesday would be more likely...

Comment

Skull21

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
bcsmith said:
Seems to make sense seeing that the First is a Saturday. I think that I'll join the chorus of people saying that either Tuesday would be more likely...
Hopefully Tuesday

Comment

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
There is absolutley no way this is true. All the evidence for one is there! Steve Jobs practically told us at Macworld...

Comment

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
Who would rate this negative...... oh wait... me.

Does UBS know anything anyway? I mean, just do a search on analyst reports for the ps3, all over the map. I for one think some of the so called analyst are just speculating.

Comment

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
i might be wrong, but i thought i remembered steve mentioning at the end of mwsf that april 1st is the 30th anniversary and "we'll see you then" or something like that. anyone remember this or am i mistaken?

Comment

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
justflie said:
i might be wrong, but i thought i remembered steve mentioning at the end of mwsf that april 1st is the 30th anniversary and "we'll see you then" or something like that. anyone remember this or am i mistaken?

Your wrong. He said - we may not see you before then.

Comment

macphin

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
not good. do you really wanna to get for example new ibook, with bugs after waiting it two months. like macbook pro was ;) anyway, I think, better wait for the best, than get less. not actually upset...

Comment

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
ah. well, that was pretty close! lol. but the meaning was all off. Wouldn't this imply that we will see him around the 1st? Yes, it only techinically means we're not going to see him before the first (even though we did at the town hall mess) but it seems to hint at something going on around or on the first of april. maybe only wishful thinking.

Comment

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
What do they know? I can't imagine Apple releasing anything without a media event. I mean, they held an event for an upgrade to the mini and a boom box. So a redesigned iBook or MacBook won't warrent a special introduction? These folks are obviously new to the Apple party.

Comment

gunm

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2006
HI
XIII said:
Your wrong. He said - we may not see you before then.

No, that's not correct. From the engadget transcript:

Feb 28th 10:40am PT - "Thank you very much for coming today, and we'll see you all real soon..."

I don't think the UBS Analysts have it right regarding the Macbook/new products announcement. Any new Apple product, particularly a major revamp like the Macbook, or new iPod or download service would warrant a press event.

Comment

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
ChrisG said:
There is absolutley no way this is true. All the evidence for one is there! Steve Jobs practically told us at Macworld...
I believe he was referring to the last little "fun stuff" event. so this wouldnt apply here IMO.

Still think this is all just a wild goose chase......

Comment

dmcgann

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
ireland
steve clearly indicated that there would be something happening around april fools!! also why would they have an event for a hi-fi,mini and a case?? i think that apple originally wanted to hold a big event for both macbooks and a new vPod(to go with movie downloads). however there were rumors that apple were having trouble negotiating with movie companies!! this might mean that apple will hold 2 seperate small events: one for macbooks, one for vPod!!

Comment

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
I don't think Apple/Jobs would ignore the 30th Anniversary of the company. And - they definitely, desperately need to release new iBooks. The G4s just don't cut it next to all the core solo and duo stuff now hitting the market and there doesn't seem any reason why these won't be released soon.

Comment

peharri

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2003
The April 1st Stevenote

Hi, welcome to Apple. It's been a great year so far. The new Intel-based iMac is our best selling Mac ever. We've introduced some great new products, like our new iPod accessory, the iPod Hifi. And we've only just started. And what's also great is that today is Apple's 30th anniversary. Yeah. Yeah.

So, it's good to see you all here today at the Apple Campus Conference Theater, and, well, we've got some great products lined up to show you. Unfortunately, that's going to be later in the year. I mean, we have all sorts of things planned, but, to be quite honest, I'm a little confused as to why you're all here. We didn't invite you. I mean, I could show you... I don't know. I got a new iPod yesterday. Yeah. I switched over to the iPod nano. Got myself a 4G. Black. Matches my turtleneck. Take a look at it. It's sweet, isn't it? Got myself quite a bargain too, I went up to the Apple Store in Culpertino, said "Hey guys, I'm Steve Jobs, I want to buy an iPod nano".

Well. Hmmm. Ok. Hey, you know, I'm thinking of upgrading from my iMac G4. I mean, it's great and everything, but I think it's time to maybe move up to one of the latest iMacs. I feel so out of date. So, yeah, maybe next time we meet we can, y'know, see the new iMac I get. I'd like to get a 20". Or maybe I should wait for the plasma line and get a 42"... whoops! No, just kidding. Us, doing plasma? You guys come up with such crazy stuff y'know. Not as bad as the iPhone but, ok.

Well, er, you're still here. How do I get rid of you? Oh. One. More. Thing. Yeah, I went to trade in my Lexus yesterday. I actually got a Volkswagen Bug. Yeah. I'm not kidding. It's white. Well, naturally. I don't actually do a lot of driving. Anyway, it's parked outside if you want to see it.

So, anyway, thanks for coming, and, er, maybe you could, well, wait until we invite you next time? Thanks. Have a great day.

Comment

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
It's unfortunate if nothing happens; although something must as Steve did indicate so...

I guess UBS are waking up to the fact that no invitations have been sent out, and we haven't heard about them...surely that means no special event?

Comment

lazyboy922

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I usually don't really post my opinion, I try to not get angered at this stuff. But I must admit, I am getting pretty impatient about these darn ibooks. I have been waiting for so long, following all of the rumors, for the announcement of the so called "13 inch widescreen" ibook. I really hope they announce it soon.

Ughhh, sorry just venting.

Comment

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
ph0rce said:
I'm with you in thinking this is april fools joke :D
Ok, IT BETTER BE OF I AM SO PISSED OFF!!
Sorry for the outburst but...:eek: I told a person there would probably be iBooks @ MWSF, there weren't. I told the same person, who has yet to buy a laptop, that if there aren't new iBooks by the end of April I will be very suprised. Now that same person has a right to get very annoyed at me, and I'm afraid they'll end up buying a 12" iBook G4 which would suck. :(
So.... iBooks within the next month?? THAT'S ALL I WANT STEVE! ALL I ASK FOR!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.