Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nomad, known for its range of accessories designed for Apple devices, today announced the Card for AirTag, which is designed to make it easier for an AirTag to fit inside a wallet for tracking purposes.

nomad-airtag-wallet-card-2.jpg

With Card for AirTag, an AirTag fits inside the middle of a card-shaped holder that's then meant to fit inside of a wallet. According to Nomad, the design offers a smooth, uniform shape that allows the AirTag to be kept in the wallet without having a circular bump.

The Card for AirTag is made from a polycarbonate material with a soft-touch TPU surface, and the AirTag is designed to snap into the middle.

nomad-airtag-wallet-card.jpg

It's worth noting that the AirTag is quite thick on its own and not really designed for use within wallets, so this Card for AirTag is still going to take up a lot of space. Thin wallets may not accommodate the thickness of the AirTag and the accompanying Card accessory.

The Card for AirTag is priced at $20, but there's a $5 discount when bundled with one of Nomad's wallets. Nomad is also today releasing new Bi-Fold and Card wallets priced starting at $69.95. The Card for AirTag and the new wallets can be purchased from the Nomad website.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Nomad. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Nomad's Latest Accessory Makes It Easier to Put an AirTag in Your Wallet

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
people are using these things to stalk women by slipping them in a purse or hidden in a car then following them home. Not cool Sometimes Technology is not a blessing.
This has been discussed ad nauseum and apple has built in protections that surpass what is currently available.

PS, for practical use i've found them very handy so far

TheDailyApple

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2019
people are using these things to stalk women by slipping them in a purse or hidden in a car then following them home. Not cool Sometimes Technology is not a blessing.
Technology gives people power. The greater the power, the greater good or evil can be done with it. Science and technology has been used to both save lives and end them, it has helped people and hurt them.

Tech is rarely the cause of harm, it merely empowers people to do what they already desired to do.

jkev57

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2015
Some wallets have coin pockets. Put it in there.
That's exactly what I did and I just checked...after a month there isn't a scratch on it. I wear my wallet in my front pocket due to back issues and I don't have a bit of a problem with the thickness.

joecomo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
There was a guy on YouTube, that split an AirTag in two and put that in a credit card like enclosure -
effectively making it half as thick.
I would buy that (requires soldering unfortunately)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.