Not impressed with 6s/Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rayy42, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

Anyone else not too terribly impressed with the new iPhone 6s/Plus?

Still an excellent device, but in my opinion I just don't think it's that much of an upgrade from the 6 or the Plus.

I am just as much an Apple lover as the next guy on here with a rMBP, 64GB iPad Air 2, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and iPhone 6 Plus 64GB. I have truly invested in Apple. But the keynote just didn't really do anything for me.

Hoping my opinions will change when I get my hands on one.

Thoughts?

2. Berzerker7, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015

Berzerker7 macrumors newbie

*If* it has 2GB of RAM, that would be 50% of the reason I'm getting it.

I'm still getting it anyway, but purely for the support for Carrier Aggregation on LTE, and Band 12 support for T-Mobile.

3. jonhoy macrumors member

I've got an iPhone 5 with a terrible plan (Canada) so I'm upgrading pretty much out of necessity. Everything is a huge improvement over what I've got now so I guess I'm somewhat excited. Although I do agree with the media that 3D Touch is a hard sell.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

But it's a huge upgrade for those of us coming from anything prior to the 6.

5. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Safari reloading is terrible on the 6 Plus. And I'm interested in the seeing 2GB of Ram. But am I overly impressed with the 6s Plus...no.

I'm on the fence on rather I get it or not. 3D Touch is coo and all no doubt. But for some reason it left more to be desired. I barely use Force Touch on my Mac..

6. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I have the 6 and I'm getting the 6s plus rose gold!

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

In my opinion this is pretty much always the case. There's never that much of an improvement in a single generation. Enjoy your phone for 2 or 3 years, then get an upgrade that you can actually appreciate and feels substantial.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

The performance alone is worth it especially if you have a 6 Plus. The stuttering and constant app refreshes can be quite annoying at times. I'm honestly more excited about the increased performance more than anything.

9. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I think it's because of the leaks and this forum lol. We already knew what to expect. 3d touch is nice imo. Quicker ways of doing things. More seamless imo.

The 4k, while nice, seems like even more of a storage hog though.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

11. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I have an contract upgrade available through AT&T... yet this is the first iPhone I truly feel compelled to skip. Nothing about the 6s/6s+ actually tempts me so far.

12. Rayy42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rayy42

This. Normally I am bursting with temptation to get the new device but this time I don't really feel like I'm drawn in like in the past.

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

No, I'm not impressed either. I was debating between the 6 Plus and Note 4 last year and to me the 6 Plus design is really ugly. The body of the phone is too big for a screen only 5.5", basically the design should have higher screen to body ratio. After watching hands on videos this time around, I'm really underwhelmed by the new features, and making the phone heavier is not attractive to me either. Happy S6 Edge+ owner here...

14. Rayy42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I have been slightly tempted by the S6 Edge+ but too heavily involved in Apple ecosystem to leave my iPhone.

15. doboy macrumors 68000

What did you expect from the S version? 2GB RAM and 3D touch is a decent upgrade, but not really meant for 6/6+ owners.

16. MrGuder macrumors 68020

I imagine it's only a matter of time before we see post after post asking, do you think a guy should order the rose gold color? or is it for girls only? lol

The 6s has a lot of great features and a nice upgrade from someone like me who has an iPhone 5 but I still like my iPhone 5 and I just put in a new battery last month so I'm good for now.

17. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Apple don't impress any more. Now their strategy is take competititors' phones features and make it better. All the things they announced today was old stuff

18. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Not a necessary or desirable upgrade for me personally. My 64GB Plus is serving my needs flawlessly. 2GB of RAM is welcome, but not enough to warrant purchasing a new phone.

19. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Definitely.

20. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

People say the same thing year after year. Iterations will rarely blow you away. This is a nice upgrade if you're on a 5S.

21. Rayy42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rayy42

Yes and no...normally there's always something that is really tempting with a new device whether on the S cycle or not. This is one of the most exciting times of the year for a techie. I just don't feel that way with this years model. YMMV.

22. watson10 macrumors member

Maybe I'm just overly excited since I really need a new phone but I think this phone looks really exciting. 3d Touch looks like a big time saver and I know its gimmicky but Live Photos really caught my photographic attention.

23. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

You should be excited. Everything Apple announced today exceeded my expectations. And I'm massively excited to get my hands on all the products.

The new iPhones look especially incredible. The rich feature set and the amazing power and performance make this a no brainer upgrade for pretty much any existing iPhone user. The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are without question the best iPhones Apple has ever made.

3D Touch adds a new form of interaction that is both delightful and intuitive. I guarantee once we all start using it, none of us will ever want to go back to a phone that lacks the feature.

I'm currently an iPhone 6 Plus owner. There's no way I could ever imagine wanting to wait another year to get my hands on all this great new technology. I'm upgrading on day one.

24. Robstevo macrumors 6502

Apple are really behind when it comes to yearly updates, Most other phone makers are able to completely update the hardware in almost every sense including looks, each year. Apple does it every two years. Not sure why though? Money I'm guessing.

25. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

And what other maker keeps their older hardware up-to-date on the latest OS? *crickets* That's what I thought.