- Apr 12, 2001
Apple hosted their media event today and announced a number of new products and updates. For a summary of those announcements, see our previous coverage:
- Apple Announces All New iPod Models: Shuffle, Nano, and Touch
- Apple Introduces Updated Apple TV
- Apple Releases iTunes 10 With 'Ping' Social Networking
- Apple Announces Pending Released of 4.1 and 4.2 Preview
Here are some notes and observations about today's announcements.
- The iPod Classic is still for sale but with no changes.
- According to the tech specs, the new iPod Touch's back camera takes stills at a disappointingly low 960x720 resolution.
- The new Apple TV is running an A4 processor. Previously it used a low end Intel chip. This means the Apple TV is certainly running an iOS variant that made to look like the previous interface.
- Apple's iTunes 10 Open/Minimize/Close buttons are vertically oriented (see screenshot above)
- The impressive game demo by Epic Games is now available on the App Store as a free download.
- The new iPod nano has no camera and apparently can't play video any longer.
Article Link: Notes and Observations about Apple's iPod and Apple TV Announcements