Nothing wrong with the 5C, I really like it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Oct 4, 2013.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Having replaced my iPhone 5 in for a 5 c a week ago, I can honestly say I love it more. It feels much more solid and iOS 7 just goes really well with its coloured trim and backside.

I have seen a lot of people complain about the 5C because it's not what they were expecting and say it looks cheap and plastic, but having held one it's a totally different story, and all my friends agree and say the same thing, and that is that it looks dead smart.

I know the 5S is the latest and greatest, and I could of easily gone for that, but just having the choice for a more colourful option, call me girly, but I went for the colour option rather then the speed, and I think it's nice we finally have the option.

/blog post i suppose : /

2. dominic252 macrumors member

Nobody is calling you girly :) Or hopefully nobody will. Glad you enjoy it!

3. Raibyn macrumors regular

Raibyn

I need to know what color you picked before I can decide if you are 'girly'. :D

Just kidding, enjoy the phone. It looks nice to me. Good build quality, even if it is plastic. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

4. applesnacks macrumors newbie

I couldn't get a 5s and now I don't plan to.

I'm sticking with the 5c. It's even more premium than the original iPhone. It's made with a different kind of plastic it's almost like metal.

5. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

After holding the 5C and playing around with it at my local Apple Store I can say I actually enjoy the phone also. My first instincts when seeing the phone was that it was just a cheap version of the 5 (in a way it is) however it is actually a decent phone when you experience it hands on.

I personally went to the 5S however I do enjoy the variety of colours that are available to the 5C, it allows your iPhone to be more of an "i" phone.

6. bollyboy macrumors regular

Hi

I've just upgraded our phones, i have the 5S and my girlfriend has the 5C (Blue) and to be honest i now prefer the 5C.

Yes the 5S has a few more features but i'm not entirely sure if it's worth the extra £ if your buying outright.

The only drawback for me changing would be the lower storage of the 5C as i take loads of photos and 32GB would be too small for me.

Anyhow, enjoy your phone there fantastic.

7. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Well, I'll call you "girly" if you want, but not for choosing the 5c. ;)

I think it's fantastic, very happy with the shape and the option of actual colors (mine is yellow). The only thing I really wish the 5c had that the 5s has is the new camera. Touch ID doesn't really look to be all that useful for me, and the faster processor, well, how fast does Bejeweled need to play? I really hope Apple continues to produce an iPhone in a similar form factor. I'm very tired of the straight, hard angles that the iPhone has had since 2010.

8. zbarvian macrumors 68010

It's a great phone, but I can't fathom why anyone would "upgrade" to a thicker, plastic version of their iPhone 5. I love the colors too, but I don't have enough conviction in my preferences to buy one.

9. wepiii macrumors 6502a

You sure you aren't thinking of the 3G iPhone? The original iPhone was aluminum, and in my opinion is still one of the most "premium" iPhones ever made.

10. dmystic1 macrumors regular

You sound like my brother and like to walk around with every photo you have ever taken in life, on you're cell phone. lol off load them already.:)

11. sk24iam macrumors regular

Besides color, are there any features that pushed you to upgrade from the 5?

12. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Nope. Just the colour and feel I'm afraid. If the 5S came in the same form factor, I would of upgraded to the 5S.

13. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

Nothing beats the original iPhone, I'll agree with you on that.

I have to believe the polycarbonate on the 5c is much more durable than the plastic they used for the 3G and 3GS. My 3G had hairline cracks and I babied that phone, never dropped it, never was rough with it.

14. bollyboy macrumors regular

I need to be connected to embarrassing pics 24/7 :)

15. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

The original IPhone was not plastic.

Ur thinking 3G and 3GS

16. ekrueger24 macrumors regular

I was in an Apple Store today and held the 5C and played around with it a bit. With my 5 in one hand and the 5C in the other, I can see why people would go for the 5C. Aesthetically, it looks beautiful. The plastic back also feels quite nice.

17. taedouni macrumors 65816

Let me get this straight. You went from a 5 to a 5c which either cost you $550 plus tax or $100 plus tax with a two year contract. A phone that internally is the exact same thing as a 5 except a better front camera (lighting ) and more LTE bands ...#

If you thought that the 5c looked nice then you should've just gotten a leather 5s case.

18. PaulOBrain macrumors regular

Have to admit, the 5C feels great in the hand. If Apple made the flagship like that wouldn't complain at all to be honest. In fact I'd welcome it.

19. saldawop macrumors regular

I must say that aesthetically I do like the 5C. Just a shame that there is not a black version .I do like the colours that are available, but they do look better online, where the colours tend to seem a little more vivid, which IMO looks better. I think they could do with being a little more Lumiaesque in colour.

20. MLAM macrumors regular

Glad you like it :)

Indeed there isn't anything wrong with 5c, I do agree it is more comfortable to hold also.

The phone is a 5 but redressed so it is by no means a slow phone which some people seem to think on here :D

21. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Yeah i played with a 5C in person, it actually feels really nice in hand and its very solid, i like the white one the best, it has better battery life then the 5 too

22. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Of course there is nothing wrong with it. It's the same phone the world fell in love with last year.

What's odd is that everyone wants to keep justifying themselves. So you wanted a colorful iPhone. Big deal. Enjoy it, and see you at the next update.

And you are right, some people are going to think the 5s jump isn't worth it (from a 5). Some people are. You thought it was worth it to "upgrade" to a 5c. Some people don't.

23. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502a

There was a lot of extreme anti 5c sentiment on the board and across the internet a few weeks ago. A lot of that has died down as users have had the phone in hand for a couple of weeks and as reviews generally have been good. People are naturally defensive about their purchases.

24. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

To each his own. You like the 5c. Great, it's an iPhone and that makes it awesome.

I prefer metal. I prefer black. And that's what I have with the Black/Slate iPhone 5. I'll stick with that because black metal feels better in my hand than premium plastic.

25. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Touch ID is useful to everybody.

It's one of those features that will make you hate any phone that doesn't have it.