Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skidbubble

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
Lemme see if I understand this logic.

When Samsung makes a plastic phone, it is a flimsy, plastic piece of junk.

But when Apple makes one, it is innovative and revolutionary. :confused:

That about right?

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012

That about right?

Apple's metal phones >>> other manufacturer's metal phones (for the most part)
Apple's plastic phones >>> other manufacturers's plastic phones (this is more clear cut)

That clear things up for you?

zerostar

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
I saw them at the store and I thought they looked nice! Wound up getting a 5s because I knew it would eat me up knowing there was something "better" out there.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I was able to finally see and hold a 5C. One of my female friends came over last night and she had a yellow 5C with the black Apple case. Looked pretty slick. Felt solid and durable in the hand. Very well built phone. I personally would've chose white, but you really need to handle a 5C to realize how well it's put together! I would totally get it, but I wanted to spend my upgrade on the latest.

----------

That about right?

Yes, because a lot of plastic Androids do feel cheap and plasticy/flimsy.

The 5C feels solid, well built and durable, and not an ounce of flimsiness is present.

Huge difference.

mcrto

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011

That about right?

Let me understand this logic.

Actually no I can't, who is the person who said both those things? You seem to have read what people have said about samsungs being slimy and then iphone 5cs feeling nice and then decided that they are the same people!

But got to admit I have had a galaxy note and the plastic did feel inferior to the 5c.

----------

I saw them at the store and I thought they looked nice! Wound up getting a 5s because I knew it would eat me up knowing there was something "better" out there.

Haha I was going to call you out on having to have the latest features, but then realized I was exactly the same all the way up till getting the 5c over the 5s!

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Went to my local Apple Store today to try one out.

Lemme say that if they offered the damn thing in 64 gig capacities i would be typing this message with a shiny new 5C sitting beside me.

The thing is unlike any plastic phone on the market. Period.

It feels perfect in the hand. I'm due an upgrade and will most likely wait til the 5S is in stock. But, to me, the 5C feels MUCH better to hold. And the colors?
The colors all look beautiful.

You know, i was on the fence as far as switching to Android, because of all the extra features- customization, micro sd storage options, but uh uh.

iOS 7 looks astoundingly right when coupled with the 5C colors. My favs are the blue and white.

Anyway, fingerprint, smingerprint, 64 bit whatever. If a 64 gig 5C was available right alongside the 64 gig 5S (for someone still holding on to a 4S) it would be a no brainer... 5C all the way. Cheap, my ass.

also, typos and left-out words suck

Last edited:

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I managed to get to my local store today and finally got to try out the new devices.

I was dead set on getting a 5S but as soon as I held the 5C I thought "I want this!". It really took me by surprise. Felt really comfortable in my hands and the build quality is solid.

After having a go of both the 5S and 5C, I couldn't tell the difference in performance. The only differences I can tell between both devices is that the 5S has a slightly better camera, faster processor with motion coprocessor and runs in 64bit...otherwise they are pretty much equal spec-wise.

I'm really torn between the 5S and 5C now. I can't make my mind up.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Went to my local Apple Store today to try one out.

Lemme say that if they offered the damn thing in 64 gig capacities i would be typing this message with a shiny new 5C sitting beside me.

The thing is unlike any plastic phone on the market. Period.

It feels perfect in the hand. I'm due an upgrade and will most likely wait the 5S is in stock. But, to me, the 5C feels MUCH better to hold. And the colors?
The colors all look beautiful.

You know, i was on the fence as far as switching to Android, because of all the extra features- customization, micro sd storage options, but uh uh.

iOS 7 looks astoundingly right when coupled with the 5C colors. My favs are the blue and white.

Anyway, fingerprint, smigerprint, 64 bit whatever. If a 64 gig 5C was available right alongside the 64 gig 5S (for someone still holding on to a 4S) it would be a no brainer... 5C all the way. Cheap, my ass.

This is what drove me to get the 5C. I went launch morning with the full intentions of getting two Space Grey 5s's, but when I got to my sales rep I was talking to her about the 5c and how I was curious and she said oh they are great. So I said let me hold one of them and I held one and had two 5s right in front of me and decided to go with the 5c. I got me a white 32 gb and my fiancée a blue 16 gb. Needless to say she absolutely loves hers. I'm glad I chose the 5c for her. I like my 5c a lot. I wanted 64 GB, but honestly I can make 32 last and this will be a great phone for the year I plan to keep it until the iPhone 6.

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
This is what drove me to get the 5C. I went launch morning with the full intentions of getting two Space Grey 5s's, but when I got to my sales rep I was talking to her about the 5c and how I was curious and she said oh they are great. So I said let me hold one of them and I held one and had two 5s right in front of me and decided to go with the 5c. I got me a white 32 gb and my fiancée a blue 16 gb. Needless to say she absolutely loves hers. I'm glad I chose the 5c for her. I like my 5c a lot. I wanted 64 GB, but honestly I can make 32 last and this will be a great phone for the year I plan to keep it until the iPhone 6.

Ya know, i really almost went back down and got a 32 gig, in white. But i can't see myself whittling down 33 gigs of music to 20. I NEED all my music.

I know there's iTunes radio and cloud storage, but what if the service is down and i really really wanna hear You Make My Dreams Come True, but i can't because it's not one of the songs i chose? (I mean, i wouldn't leave that song off, because that's a kick ass, song, but you know what i mean.)

Man, thing was a joy to hold, too.

Also, as an aside, i really don't like the way the 5S feels.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Ya know, i really almost went back down and got a 32 gig, in white. But i can't see myself whittling down 33 gigs of music to 20. I NEED all my music.

I know there's iTunes radio and cloud storage, but what if the service is down and i really really wanna hear You Make My Dreams Come True, but i can't because it's not one of the songs i chose? (I mean, i wouldn't leave that song off, because that's a kick ass, song, but you know what i mean.)

Man, thing was a joy to hold, too.

Also, as an aside, i really don't like the way the 5S feels.

This far I've not had issues missing my storage, but I put a lot on a back in iCloud. Hopefully it works out.

My driving factor was the look and feel in my hand. Honestly I never liked the look of the 5 which was why I ended up selling it and keeping my 4S. I loved how fast the 5 was. Now with the 5C it's the same speed... Different look lol

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
This far I've not had issues missing my storage, but I put a lot on a back in iCloud. Hopefully it works out.

My driving factor was the look and feel in my hand. Honestly I never liked the look of the 5 which was why I ended up selling it and keeping my 4S. I loved how fast the 5 was. Now with the 5C it's the same speed... Different look lol

I'm definitely looking at ways to make it work, believe me. Phone looks just about perfect for my needs. And this is even though i'm an avid gamer, who appreciates the extra bells and whistles the state of the art affords me.

What wise guy thought 32 gigs was enough? Sheesh!

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003

That about right?

I've never handled a Samsung phone, so I personally can't comment on it.

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia

That about right?
When Samsung makes a plastic phone and that's all they do, it flexes and bends in your hand, so yes it is piece of junk.
Apple doesn't claim that iPhone 5c is revolutionary, it's just better than most plastic phones out there :)
Still confused? Maybe you're on the wrong forums, it is Macrumors not Androidrumors after all ;)

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
I am in my 40s and bought the Green 5C for just me myself because I think it looks great ... never thought what people would think, or if the phone went with anything.

For me ... it really is just a phone, that seems to work pretty darn well. :cool:

Loved ur wallpaper. Can u share it please ?

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 59

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
5C looks to be an ok phone. I couldn't imagine going from a 5 to a 5C though. Apple made it cheaper to increase profit margins and you paid for it? Whaaa?

That's a load coming from someone with a cheap plastic pistol that has a higher profit margin than a metal one in their avatar.

5s is aluminum. About as cheap as plastic these days. At least the 5c has a stamped steel inner frame.

Also, depending how apple and their partners cost new manufacturing equipment and R&D costs, the 5c might actually have a lower margin than the 5s while it is lower volume, and using new methods and the 5s is using a lot of the old 5 in it's design, and presumably it's manufacturing.

I don't expect everyone on here to be well educated so, I thought I'd help where I could.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.