Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maddie493

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
The "Do no disturb" function is brilliant, except that notifications still appear on my home screen and in the notification centre. Is it possible to turn on/off notifications completely?

I'd like to use my phone for non-communication stuff without being bothered by notifications and red alerts on my home screen telling me I have new messages. I can achieve this by going into Settings -> Notifications -> Turn off notifications for each individual app. But there must be a faster way to do this.

Thanks!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The "Do no disturb" function is brilliant, except that notifications still appear on my home screen and in the notification centre. Is it possible to turn on/off notifications completely?

I'd like to use my phone for non-communication stuff without being bothered by notifications and red alerts on my home screen telling me I have new messages. I can achieve this by going into Settings -> Notifications -> Turn off notifications for each individual app. But there must be a faster way to do this.

Thanks!
Do not disturb is there to basically silence and stop visual alerts, but they will still quietly appear in Notification Center or home screen or with badges if that's what you have enabled for apps. The only way to change that is to change the settings for each app to what you want (or to say no to notifications initially when you start using an app and it prompts you as to whether or not you want to get notifications from it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.