Now that you have accepted there is no iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryuok, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ryuok macrumors regular

Now that you have accepted there is no iPhone 5, I'd like to hear from all those who have successfully predicted this outcome on how your analysis led you to such a prediction.

Let's show the iPhone 5 believers what is rational thinking. I have offered my thoughts in previous threads so I'm not repeating. Let's hear yours. :eek:

2. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

3. cward0715 macrumors regular

4. applefan289 macrumors 68000

No one has accepted anything. You can't accept something if it hasn't happened yet.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The next phone IS the iPhone 5 because it's the fifth iPhone.

6. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

If there is an iPhone 5 today, you are going to get verbally destroyed and publicly humiliated for making this thread. People love to say, "I told you so". I hope you have accepted that.

7. auxsend macrumors regular

I haven't accepted it. Likely never will. Today might be one of the most disappointing days of my life.

2nd only to 18-1.

8. BowTheMan89 macrumors regular

Im going to bow my head in shame as i stand in line for a 4S after seriously considering the move to Android.

In the grand scheme of things, Apple's strategy has worked and i have too much hard earned $ invested in the ecosystem to justify a move.

9. cward0715 macrumors regular

He's been making these threads for the past week. I'm not saying there is a redesigned iPhone. But I'm not outright dismissing it as a fact.

10. auxsend macrumors regular

I know exactly how you feel. Which is why today is going to suck so bad.

11. ryuok thread starter macrumors regular

A man must stand by his words. Fortunately I have the ability to think rationally. :cool:

12. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

That's what the event is for. We'll have to wait and see.

13. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

You honestly are trolling this forum. You seem obsessed with the fact that no redesign is coming. You are a serious instigator who is proclaiming things BEFORE the keynote has even begun.

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Sorry there isn't any rational thinking involved.

If there isn't an iPhone 5, then it's pure disappointment. Because Apple could have easily released a redesigned iPhone 5. All the components needed to make such a device were there, all the competition had the same features, the case manufacturers were pointing to the same thing, the photostream icon was also suggesting the same.

The lack of an iPhone 5 will show just how arrogant Apple really is, and that has nothing to do with any rational thinking.

15. NornIron macrumors newbie

NornIron

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-launch-no-iphone-5/

Only hours before Apple’s actual announcement, the folks over at The Next Web just dropped the bomb on what Apple has planned for the iPhone today.

According to the site’s trusted sources inside Apple, the iPhone 4S will be launched today with a 8 megapixel camera, A5 processor, 1 GB of RAM, “improved optics,” and a “more accurate differential GPS stage.” The iPhone 5 ‘teardrop’ design that Apple was rumored to unveil won’t be released this year.

16. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

If it is only an iPhone 4s, then what's took so long?

17. bigjobby macrumors 65816

You really are completely off your rocker.

18. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

OP is correct, no iPhone 5 today. Just accept and move on.

19. EddyP macrumors 6502

Exactly.

No matter what they talk about today, it will not have the biggest or fastest specs. That's just how Apple rolls. There will always be something with a bigger screen or more ram that someone can point to and call the 5 a disappointment. Or label it a "4S". It's stupid.

The only thing dumber is to make a thread saying "I told you so" before the phone is even released.

Buy it or don't. If it's not for you, there are many many other phones out there. Apple will still sell a ton of them and if history is any indication, it will be a quite successful product.

20. eddieaus macrumors regular

the non stop legal battles of course.

21. NornIron macrumors newbie

NornIron

If there is no iPhone 5, there's no chance I will shell out for an updated iPhone 4. My wallet will stay in my pocket.

22. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Sorry, this is nothing definitive. There is a new report every 20 seconds it feels on every Mac rumor related site saying something different.

Don't lose hope until the keynote is officially over. Now THAT is rational thinking.

23. ryuok thread starter macrumors regular

With all those "iPhone 5 leaked" threads, all I did was balancing the view and help injecting a bit of rational thinking into this frenzy. What I say or didn't say cannot change the outcome anyway. I have always hoped to hear good arguments, so trolling was never my intension.

24. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Which is fine if that is the case. I think the point people are trying to make is that no one outside of Apple really knows at this point. We are all speculating based on the information that we believe we have or don't have.

For someone to stroll in and act like they have it nailed because they are superior intellectually to everyone else on the web is a bit absurd.

It is less about the opinion than it is the attitude and condescending manner in which it has been repeatedly delivered by some users here.

25. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

It's not over till the skinny Tim Cook sings.