O2s 'NEW' info on 10/7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stekerrod, Jul 9, 2008.

1. stekerrod macrumors regular

in a nut shell.....the online store still sold out and that each O2 shop is only going to get a couple of dozen phones! so not really anything helpful or that us reading this site hadnt already known! so it's no help for any of us who missed the upgrading online boat on monday morning, who cant upgrade in stores (according to my local store)!

the only good bit of info they provide is a list of what time all the stores are opening!

Edit: Copyed info from site

Thank you for your interest in iPhone 3G. We are experiencing unprecedented demand for the device and whilst we are confident that all customers who want iPhone 3G will get one by the end of this summer, initial supply is limited and will be for some weeks. Here is what you need to know:
    O2 and Carphone Warehouse (CPW) stores will have limited numbers of iPhone 3G this Friday 11 July.

On average, we will only have a few dozen iPhone 3Gs per store (some stores more, some stores less, dependant upon store size so we expect to sell out quickly). Sales of iPhone 3G will be limited to one per customer and two for business customers.

Some O2 stores will open at 8.02am on Friday, others a bit later. Find out more

If you do go into an O2 store you will need 2 forms of identification, a valid credit or debit card and proof of address. If you are new to O2 you will also need to pass a credit check if you sign up for an iPhone 3G contract. The average sales transaction processing time will be 20 minutes.

Apple will be selling iPhone 3Gs in their stores, but please note that existing O2 customers can only upgrade in an O2 or CPW store.

We are working closely with Apple to get additional iPhone 3Gs. These will be coming in on a weekly basis. We'll keep you posted on specific details by updating this web page regularly.

We are currently out of stock of iPhone 3Gs via our on-line store, we'll update through www.o2.co.uk when more information becomes available.

If you have an existing iPhone you can still enjoy many of the new features by upgrading your software to version 2.0 from 11 July through iTunes.

We are sorry that we can't meet all demand as quickly as we'd like but we're sure that when you get your new iPhone 3G you'll agree it's been worth the wait.

Edit 2: link for O2 store opening times
    http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/iphonelaunchstoreopeningtimes

2. iMonkeez macrumors newbie

Thanks for that info lol. I totally forgot they were going to tell us something! Anyway, back to my point, what times do the apple stores open?!?!! They won't tell us the day before the launch? It's kind of ridiculous if you ask me... :cool:

3. Enigmah macrumors member

Enigmah

Every O2 store opening time is quoted on the O2.co.uk/iphone site......:D

Try Here

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/iphonelaunchstoreopeningtimes

4. stekerrod thread starter macrumors regular

don't know on apple stores, you're probably best giving them a call today, they should know by now!

5. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Yeah but he asked about Apple stores
    http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/storelist/
    Notice that every store has no workshops or training sessions on Friday...

6. 29twelve macrumors newbie

So bad news all round then.

I'm still on stage 1 (Ordered!) with CPW so pretty sure I'm not getting mine tomorrow. Trying to get info out of CPW is impossible, at least O2 have given some information, even though it's not looking good.

7. iMonkeez macrumors newbie

I think i'll give them a call (or get my parents to) but first, school calls... :(

8. stekerrod thread starter macrumors regular

ah well at least youve got one on order! you're at least a stage ahead of me! does that make me on stage 0 then?

9. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I tried upgrading Mon with O2 and then with CPW.....still stage 1 too. I don't think I'll be getting one tomorrw.

Plus O2 saying in original post everyone wanting one should be able to get one by the end of the summer:eek:. If that is the case may as well wait for the 32gb, oh yes they won't get that in stock till 6 months after release and in pink only (being sarcastic here):rolleyes:

10. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

11. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Well done again O2 :eek: Why not advertise stock will be low so you encourage everyone to do an all-nighter! :rolleyes:

The 7:02am opening time I was told last night for the Bond Street O2 store was a total lie then. Just brilliant.

Looks like I may as well head back to my original plan to go to Notting Hill Gate and take my chances there. That means I have 58 mins from opening time to being in work, including a 15 min walk... :rolleyes:

[Pasted from O2 website]. Although I'm not an existing iPhone customer I can see it's charming that they're basically now telling you not to bother getting the new one :rolleyes:

12. 29twelve macrumors newbie

Just spoke to CPW, my order hasn't been fulfilled in the first allocation of 4k units but the guy I spoke to said he'd call back between 12 & 1 today to give me more info on how to get one. He said he might be able to get me one for delivery next week, I can't imagine there will be any left after tomorrow to be honest but we shall see :rolleyes:

13. Enigmah macrumors member

Enigmah

Oh Yeah......

What a chimp I am !!!!

14. ansalmo macrumors regular

I just don't understand why O2 don't allow us to preorder - I'm happy to place my order and wait several weeks for delivery, but I'm really not happy about having to continually check back on their website to see if there's a vague chance of buying one on that day. Particularly if we're going to have to go through the same farce as on the first day of availability.

So - I place my pre-order, they allocate me an order number, and then they satisfy the orders on a first-come-first-served basis (possibly even proving an estimated ship time ahead of that, though that's the icing on the cake). Is that so hard? It's like a.........queue. We're British after all, and queueing is a national pastime (second only to discussing the weather).

Still, been a bit wet recently, hasn't it? :)

15. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

Does this mean existing iPhone customer's can't upgrade in-store? Or that they don't really want to advertise that fact for the sake of a quiet(er) life?

When I spoke to an O2 store yesterday, they didn't confirm that I would be able to upgrade in store, but they expected that today's 'announcement' would confirm it.

16. Chonk macrumors newbie

I'm guessing the apple stores now have functionality to process credit checks onsite now.

Either that or there taking payment + you sign a contract to say you WILL sign up in X days or they take additional payment?

17. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

That's too simple for them :rolleyes:

18. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

19. angrywaiter macrumors member

It would be worse to be a New Zealander...

Overcharged much ?

20. riko macrumors regular

Looks like I won't be getting one tomorrow then :( . I start work at 8 am so would not make it to an O2 store before lunch time. There are about 5 in Glasgow but I'm sure they will sell out quick!

Graham

21. Voodoophone macrumors member

Don't forget the # too :eek:

22. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

The Crawley, Birmingham 24 New Street, Islington, Newcastle & S****horpe all have *'s next to them. Anyone got any clue what that means because one of them stores is the one im planning to go to lol.

23. Voodoophone macrumors member

I do love the filter cutting out the 'bad' part of scnthorpe :D

24. chrisblore macrumors regular

That would be all of it then :p

25. Voodoophone macrumors member

Nice one.

Back OT, I counted 468 O2 stores on that list.

No, I'm not rain man, I just used excel :cool: