Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

October 2008 Notebook Event Keynote Stream Available

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has posted the Quicktime video stream of today's Notebook release event. Apple released a number of new products at today's event:

- Apple Announces New MacBook Pros, Updates MacBook Air
- Apple Announces New Aluminum MacBooks
- Apple Introduces 24" LED Cinema Display with Built-in iSight

Most of the pre-event rumors correlated with the announcements. We'll post a detailed rumor wrapup in the next few days.

Article Link

ErikVegas

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
Macbook Air

The Macbook Air now has 120 GB HD and better graphics card. Do you know if the track pad was updated as the new MB´s ?

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I will be kicking this on as soon as I get home today. Woohoo!

johnsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Where are plastic macbooks on apple store? keynote seems like corporate call so far- get apple stock. But did they forgot product?

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
I don't really understand why everyone's being /so/ negative about these.. Apple are definitely walking a path toward trying to perfect their devices. (and their OS if Snow Leopard is what they're bigging it up to be) An expensive path, but that's what you get.. Hopefully they're as "premium" in use as they look this time around..

I liked macbook firewire, but.. I don't think the fact that *I* use it means the macbook needs it.. These look really sturdy (the "old" white macbook has some serious design issues which these resolve) .. Ok they're pricey, but they always are.. They look gorgeous.. In person I'm sure they'll turn a lot of heads and feel good to use.

Ok - that new display is more than a little bizarre, but the laptops seem great to me. I'd have liked BD too, but it's absence isn't a big deal.

mca7

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
does time cook have a blackberry on his side and not an iphone? :confused:

I instantly thought the same thing. Its like damn, if you do use a blackberry thats fine, but throw a iphone in your holster for the keynote for crying out loud. Jobs probably fired him promptly after.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Watched it (has been posted on the Spoiler Free thread for a bit now)

Not trying to be mean but, I really don't think having Tim Cook speak at these keynotes is beneficial to bringing energy to these events. Just like the unveiling of the first Xserve, he almost put me to sleep :eek: . He seems like a really nice guy, just isn't that energetic of a keynote speaker (IMHO).

Besides, he has a weak Reality Distortion Field , needs more training! ;) .

https://forums.macrumors.com/image.php?u=47064&dateline=1165207334&type=profile

johnsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Steve is a clown- "if you was searching for a button" (talking about buttonless trackpad)...:D:D:D

now you have to remember what your finger does...

oldwatery

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Maui
Damn those are ugly machines!
All the black stuff looks like some kind of HP or Dell p.o.s.
And remind me what the difference is between the MacBook and the MacBook Pro. :confused:
I'm so keeping my C2D MBP17".

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
It's great that this stream has been posted so quickly, looking forward to watching it tonight and hearing some more of the details. Not in the market for a MB/MBP myself but think these updates look pretty sweet! LED, more multi-touch, better graphics, nice! :cool:

CarlosG

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
How much?!? £1k for a MacBook!!!! I was expecting it to be about the £700 region.

On the plus side the Air looks very tempting now though! mmmmm...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.