Office 2008: When will it be availible for Home Use Program?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by capitanbuzo, Jan 20, 2008.

1. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

My work lets me get a copy of Microsoft Office from the Home Use Program but it only lets me select Office 10 or Office 2004. Anyone know when Microsoft might be adding Office 2008 in this program? Thanks for the reply's.

2. cokersa macrumors member

I wish I knew. I've been checking every day since the 14th, and there is no information at all that I can find on the HUP website. Hopefully someone from MacBU is reading this and can either answer or ensure the HUP website gets updated...

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'd like to know too, I considered getting 04 when I saw it there for $20, but then they announced 08 I decided to wait - hoping it would be available for HU soon after its release. So far - Nothing.

4. fandsw macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat, so I sent them an email. Here is their reply:

"We wish to advise you that we do not have a projected release date at this time. For now, the best available version of Office for Mac that we have for sale is Office Mac 2004. Sometime after Office Mac 2008 is released for retail purchase, it will be added to the product listings. You should be able to return to the website at that time to place another order for it, if you wish."

This reply was on the 16th, one day after the release date!:eek:

I replied to them that it HAD already been released! Their reply after that:

"The Home Use Program hopes to add Office Mac 2008 to its listings shortly. However, we do not have an exact date as to when this will be. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

We do update our listings on a monthly basis. You may want to check back at a later date, to see if the product that you wish to purchase has become available."

In other words, they don't have a clue. Par for the course for Microsoft...

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

So, based on that - we are looking at Feb before it is available?

6. fandsw macrumors regular

...or whenever the monthly "update the webpage" day is.....i.e. who knows?

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'll play it safe and check back at the end of Feb. instead of getting my hopes up and checking weekly.

8. Chris CA macrumors member

You do realize, based on your comment, that it will get released tomorrow?
    :D

9. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Here's the response I got back from Jessica (via the email link on the HUP website).

Yeah, I'm waiting to get Office 2008 too. I wouldn't normally buy it, but for $20 you can't lose. I'm still using Office 2003 for now.

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I checked the next day - just to make sure Murphy wasn't going to make a fool of me.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I just emailed them too, in the hope that more emails will speed them along a bit :)

12. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I mailed the HUP people in the UK last week: I don't have their response to hand but it basically stated that they were not sure if or when they would add it!

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Not a firm date, but at least we now have an indication:

14. th3chad macrumors newbie

change in hup

Hey all...
    I just checked my home use page and it looks like they have restructured it a bit -- hopefully its a signal that they are getting ready to make it available..

cheers

15. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

This sucks - my home use agreement has been temporarily suspended.

16. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

The "if" part is a bit worrying! I've been checking the HUP regularly but maybe I've been getting my hopes up a little too much

17. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

This is the exact email I got from them

18. tgarcez macrumors newbie

Office 2008 Mac edition

I have an identical email from the following day (even includes the same spelling mistake). I have emailed them again today (a couple of weeks have passed)! Does anyone else have any further information?

19. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Got this from them yesterday in response to a mail I sent on the sixth:

I have responded asking who my benefit administrator is: I have no idea...

20. Avalon macrumors newbie

This is the answer I got last week from the HUP Team:

<quote> Still no official announcement , but there's a rumour abroad that it should be released in March. <quote>

21. tgarcez macrumors newbie

My response yesterday (12/2/08):

thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately we haven't received further information referring to your query. Please contact us from time to time to keep you posted.

Kind regards

Konstantin Zilelidis
    Microsoft Home Use Program Team
    HUPVALUE@MSDIRECTSERVICES.COM

I'm wondering where the 'further information' should come from - seemingly not from the microsoft home use team!
    ;)

22. th3chad macrumors newbie

I looked at my site today and there is no mention of office for mac anymore..i just have regular office 07...anybody else see the same thing?

23. lwhswolf macrumors newbie

Home use for Office 2008

If your company has Home Rights use for Office 2008 via their Volume Licensing or SLA with Microsoft, then you should be able to get it March 1st, 2008.

24. gscheife, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011

gscheife macrumors newbie

10 and 2004 were available in the morning but were gone when I checked Friday afternoon they were gone.

25. tgarcez macrumors newbie

Same problem here - Office 2004/X all gone only 2007 enteprise listed now...and I'm still being given a bit of a run around by the hup people! Most recent reply to me asking "Would you be able to tell me what the 'relevant department' that is sending the 'further information' is? Would I be able to ask them?" is pasted below:

Thank you for your email.

You would not be ablöe to contact that department as it is an internal department. However, once the item is released for the Home Use Program your benefit administrator will be notified. We advise that you keep in touch with him/her in order to keep updated.

Kind regards

Andrew Rogerson
    Microsoft Home Use Program Team
    HUPVALUE@MSDIRECTSERVICES.COM

I wish I know who the benefit administrator is?!?!?