Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mizzou02RS

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2005
Got mine!

I finally got my new Intel iMac setup in today...it is great, let me tell ya...very sleek and fast...the other goodies are great, too. :cheesy:

This was my present to myself from the money Uncle Sam was keeping from me.

20" iMac
2.0 gHz Intel Core Duo
2 GB RAM
500 gigabyte HDD
256 MB Graphics Memory

Klipsch ProMedia GMX-A 2.1 speakers
Canon MP450 Multifunction printer

HPIM1429.jpg

HPIM1430.jpg

HPIM1437.jpg

HPIM1433.jpg

HPIM1434.jpg

macaddicted

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Down on Copperline...
Mine will be here tomorrow. That's when it was due to arrive but someone slipped up and tried to deliver it early. They further missed by not letting me know it had shipped until after the UPS truck had already come and gone.

Oh, and speaking of UPS it took a loooong and winding road to get to my door:

Shipped from Amazon facility in Sparks, NV,
went to Oakland, CA,
thence to Commerce, CA,
and on to Louisville, KY, :mad:
moved back towards me and into Albuquerque, NM, :confused:
finally got into Los Angeles, CA,
to my local shipping center in Sylmar, CA,
and out to me, who came home to a nice note from a nice person who dresses like a potato letting me know he had been there when I was not. Can a package receive frequent flyer miles?

Either UPS is cracked or someone has a particularly dry sense of humor.

XFce

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2006
California
I ordered a Intel I Mac core duo from Apples website on February 14th The Sales Representative who helped me upgrade the specs told me that if I upgraded the harddrive, the I Mac would not ship until March 2nd I said ok that's fine, I'll wait. Two days after I placed the order Apple sent me a email saying that the I Mac is scheduled to arrive on Fed 20th. 7:00 Pm.

Fed X was right on time. I'm going to hook up my new Intel I Mac when I am finished transferring all of my old data, photos, etc onto Cds, I can hardly wait.

icysummer

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Well, I just went out and got myself a 17inch iMac Core Duo, with 2Gb RAM.
The second 1Gb chip wasn't fully inserted, so at first I only had 1Gb, but the shop fixed that quickly.
Compared to my old beige (bought in 1998!) (1Ghz G4), it is most certainly an improvement. Though, that beige was able to boot all OS's from 8 through to 10.4
Was deciding between iMac or Power Mac. Concluded that it was more cost effective to get the iMac now and in about 18 months or so get a ripper of an Intel Power Mac.
The performance, even in PowerPC apps is impressive.

I took the two hard drives from the old computer and put them in external cases.
Tried to RAID them, but disk utility fails with error 'unable to bring raid online'.
Any suggestions?

I finally have a DVD burner!

It also looks absolutely beautiful.

My fifth Apple computer, over 18 years.

Todd H

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2002
Eastman, Georgia
Nice setup Mizzou02RS! I'm holding off on buying a better desk until we by a house. Right now I have mine set up on a cheap Wal-Mart desk. :(

As soon as my Creature II speakers arrive, I'm going to take some pictures of mine as well.

cnakeitaro

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
Virginia Beach
They tried to deliver mine today at 10:40 AM. I'm kinda mad, cause they usually deliver in the afternoon, and I went to my first mandatory class, and skipped the others. Was home by 11:20, and I missed it. I can't really afford to miss anymore classes, and I'm always in school when they deliver and am working on the weekends.

I guess i'm just mad i took time off to be here, and I missed it by 40 minutes.

MLWings19

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2006
Severn, MD
Well, it finally arrived today. I am offically a mac user. Although, not totally. I still have my Dell laptop. I have been playing with it for a while. It is very cool. I tried iChat with a friend for a bit and was VERY impressed. I haven't gotten a chance to mess with the iLife suite though. I am in the process of figuring out how I save $30 on .Mac because I bought a new computer as advertised. There is no documentation of how to go about getting the discount. Any ideas?

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
MLWings19 said:
Well, it finally arrived today. I am offically a mac user. Although, not totally. I still have my Dell laptop. I have been playing with it for a while. It is very cool. I tried iChat with a friend for a bit and was VERY impressed. I haven't gotten a chance to mess with the iLife suite though. I am in the process of figuring out how I save $30 on .Mac because I bought a new computer as advertised. There is no documentation of how to go about getting the discount. Any ideas?

I believe you need to buy it on the same sales receipt. Yes, I see it is an "instant savings" if you had put .mac in the cart at apple, when you ordered.

Use your 60 day trial, and then buy the box to extend it. You can find it a little cheaper at Amazon.com.

MLWings19

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2006
Severn, MD
I did order it on the same receipt. However, I think that I found a mail in rebate. I'll do the 60 day trial then activate the one I purchased. Thanks

Now I just need to figure out how to print to a printer connect to my fiance's PC.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
MLWings19 said:
I did order it on the same receipt. However, I think that I found a mail in rebate. I'll do the 60 day trial then activate the one I purchased. Thanks

Now I just need to figure out how to print to a printer connect to my fiance's PC.

That can be tricky. I ended up connecting an Airport Express to the printer. Then any machine can print to it, wirelessly.

cgi101

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2006
shipping woes

My customized 20" iMac shipped out last Friday from California.... I've waited in agony, as Apple shipped it via "Sameday Right-O-Way" (ground) to me in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Well, it's now Wednesday and has only made it to Richmond, BC, so far :p It estimates delivery to Halifax in one week =( I don't know if I can hold out that long...

utahusker

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2006
I ordered a cto 20" imac Feb. 10th and the estimated shipping date is today the 22nd. It didn't ship today unfortunately.

How accurate are the estimated shipping dates? I'm getting itchy.

designed

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Finland
Don't worry, you're not the only one running late. Mine was supposed to be here yesterday and as far as I can tell, the shop I ordered it from hasn't even sent it yet. Now I'm fighting the urge to pick it up from them while I'm visiting the same city in the beginning of next week.

How big is the iMac box? I was thinking of picking it up right before I head for the train home.

MLWings19

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2006
Severn, MD
utahusker said:
I just received an email stating the order has been delayed for shipping till the 28th. That sucks!

hmm...very interesting. Could this mean a similar upgrade like the MBPro received? Or maybe not a free upgrade but at least an option to go with the 2.16ghz chip. If Apple could hold up the shipments of a few hundred iMacs to possibly make a few more $$ on a faster chip do you think they would do it. Plus Intel is supposed to reduce the price of their 2.0ghz chips because of the upcoming 2.66ghz chip. Something to ponder.

Ken S

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2006
Well, I'm waiting on my second CTO iMac as the first one was defective and Apple decided to take it back.

I've noticed that there are more CTO models shipping domestically (vs. from Shanghai) recently, including my replacement unit. Apple must have built up and inventory of iMacs and are implementing the final "customization" locally. Anyone else's CTO iMac shipping from California?

What's funny is that the wait for the domestic shipments are agonizing in a different sort of way. My iMac was shipped just a 30 minute drive away from my home, but it's being routed through the local Fed-Ex hubs and taking the scenic 2-day shipment route to me! :)

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
my parents did see one of the new iMacs at the Apple Store at the Walden Galleria in Buffalo. they said they're pretty nice, hope you guys enjoy them.

i don't know anymore guys. after giving a week or two to think about it, i might switch to Windows or Linux. why would i buy a Mac with the same hardware as a Dell? Mac OS X is great, but not enough to make me buy a Apple PC when i can buy a PC with AMD and run everything.

if Apple has an AMD option in the future, then i'll be back in full Apple-only mode. until, i think our PC counter-parts have better hardware and design to choose from then we do :(

while all you guys are excited about Mactel, i'm going to do something worth while with my life, train to be a wrestler. it's the only that excites me anymore.

when Vista comes out, let me know if you can delete Mac OS X have it run natively. haha.

macaddicted

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Down on Copperline...
designed said:
Don't worry, you're not the only one running late. Mine was supposed to be here yesterday and as far as I can tell, the shop I ordered it from hasn't even sent it yet. Now I'm fighting the urge to pick it up from them while I'm visiting the same city in the beginning of next week.

How big is the iMac box? I was thinking of picking it up right before I head for the train home.

The box for my 20" is about 24 x 24 x 10", but it does come with a handle on the top. It would be a sizable load to haul.

Edit: forgot to mention the ship weight was 33 pounds.

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
20"/256MB/2GB.

I am typing this on a B&W G3 with 384MB RAM.

Words cannot convey my excitement.

Estimated Delivery Date: March 7th.

Words cannot convey my depression.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
progx said:
my parents did see one of the new iMacs at the Apple Store at the Walden Galleria in Buffalo. they said they're pretty nice, hope you guys enjoy them.

i don't know anymore guys. after giving a week or two to think about it, i might switch to Windows or Linux. why would i buy a Mac with the same hardware as a Dell? Mac OS X is great, but not enough to make me buy a Apple PC when i can buy a PC with AMD and run everything.

if Apple has an AMD option in the future, then i'll be back in full Apple-only mode. until, i think our PC counter-parts have better hardware and design to choose from then we do :(

while all you guys are excited about Mactel, i'm going to do something worth while with my life, train to be a wrestler. it's the only that excites me anymore.

when Vista comes out, let me know if you can delete Mac OS X have it run natively. haha.
This isn't the same hardware as any old Dell buddy...These new Intel Core Duo CPUs are insanely fast and are amazing.

If you don't like the Mac so much why are you posting in these forums anyway? Please just go back to your PC and let us all have a little fun. If you want a machine so you can run Windows Vista don't bother to buy a Mac, go buy your Dell and be done with it. :rolleyes:

designed

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Finland
macaddicted said:
The box for my 20" is about 24 x 24 x 10", but it does come with a handle on the top. It would be a sizable load to haul.

Edit: forgot to mention the ship weight was 33 pounds.

Thanks, that sounds reasonable for a 800m (that's half a mile) haul to the train station. I'm beginning to feel I'm going to try getting them change to order from mailing to store pickup unless they get the mac into the mail during Monday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.