Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itgoesbuzz

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2005
royal oak, mi
while not at the university, i spend most nights in a steel shop cutting steel...i dont really know what its called.

(going for my bachlors degree in Biomedical Sciences, eventually hoping to land Doctorate in Cancer Biology)

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
I am still a student at High-School :). I hope to do physics at University after my schooling.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
I don't have much formal education, and I'm currently taking an, uhm, extended break from school (7+ years and counting). So I take whatever jobs come up.

Last was as customer service, and incoming orders, in a call center. Was Ok enough. Some people you laugh with, others you want to murder, slowly, with a rusty spoon. You learn a lot about people...

Next job will probably be at a café where people with various (relatively minor) psychical issues spend some of their day. Some have bigger issues than others, but most of them are people who are well enough to live alone. I worked here before, for a while, and it is an interesting job.

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Not exactly for a living, but I am a Teachers Assistant at the Child Development Research Center at the University of North Florida. Pretty much I get to hang out and teach a class of twenty four and five year olds and it is amazing. It's great to go to work to a job you love. Of course, this is just a part-time job while I'm in college but it is fun as anything! I am majoring in Education too, so it's a lot of good experience!

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
mad jew said:
Regional Gnome Monitor? Do you check people's gardens for properly installed gnomes or have I misinterpreted your acronym? :)

How many neighbourhoods do you have to cover each shift?

Brilliant!!! I hope you're right with the acronym, it sounds much better than my boring sales job :)

XNine

macrumors 68040
How did I miss this?

Anyway, I'm a Warranty Administrator. What does that mean? It beasically means when dumb**** builders don't do their job, the hoemowners come back to me, and I have to iron out everything between the two. I'm basically a mediator/concilliator/manipulator. And very good at it, especially sicne I have to use legal jargon and deal with lawyers often too.

I myself control 14 out of 48 states. The most out of my department as of right now, and I double all of my other co-workers work loads... Ain't salary GREAT?! :rolleyes:

DrStrangelove

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2006
Strategic Account Consultant (aka Major Acct Mgr) for a Silicon Valley tech-finance company. Working out of my home in NJ, traveling 2-3 weeks a month and in the bay area once a month to once every 6 weeks.

But in my heart... I'm a dancer! (John Belushi)

pinetec

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
Red Sox Nation
Owner of a CD/DVD & Internet Publishing company. Do a lot of work for non-profits. Been doing that for over 8 years. Before that I worked for a number of commercial printers in Boston & Richmond, VA.

No formal education (HS Grad). I've started back to school hoping to major in History or Political Science.

stebu

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2004
Margate, Kent, UK
Health Care Assistant in a Day Surgery. Come to me for that essential little tune-up. Bits removed, bits replaced; sight, hearing, sexual function, and smile, all lovingly restored to showroom condition.
Plus, most important of all, a smile to reassure and a nice hot cuppa tea with a bickie to assist in reanimation.

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
I am finishing up my high school career, I am currently without a job. I have applied at several local places, but haven't gotten job yet. This summer, when I can commute to Waco (the nearest largest city from here) I will be able to find something to do. In the Fall I will begin a two year college career in which I suspect after that I will move on and begin working in the computer networking field.

So if this thread is still here in a few years, I will update.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Realtor. That's REAL-tor. Not real-TERR, certainly not Real-a-ter. :rolleyes:

But no matter how you say it, it's a good business to be in if you know what you're doing. Or at least, that's what I'm told by those who know what they are doing. ;)

blink56k

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2006
Rita Repulsa's Moon Palace
Pollster

While not being a full-time Psychology/Catholic Studies student, I do political polls over the phone for a semi famous research institute

I get treated like a telemarketer by the people we poll though :(

(no doubt being the guy who calls you up at 6pm and asks for "your opinion on a couple of issues facing the nation")

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.