Ok, enough is enough. Where is MMS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kyle23, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Kyle23 macrumors member

Kyle23

We have waited, and waited and waited some more. I was under the impression that this was going to be completed "Mid-summer" it is now Mid-summer and no MMS on my stock 32G 3GS iPhone. I don't want to unlock it or any other hacks I want what I pay for with unlimited data and text and what we were promised earlier in the year. I am almost positive that there are a few hundred people on this forum that have the skills to write a program to update AT$T's database to upgrade all iPhone accounts to have MMS, why isn't this being done??!

Sorry about the rant but its really bothering me now.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Get over it.

Late summer was what was announced.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm...welcome to the world of when updates aren't given dates that are specific.

4. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Where did you get mid-summer from? At WWDC they announced that it would arrive late summer.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Bloody hell.. impatient, aren't we? :rolleyes:

AT&T said late summer, and it isn't late summer. How about waiting until late August/early September then rant about it.

Better yet, let's have ATT rush it out, with all sorts of problems on their network, and return back here in 3 days complaining about how bad ATT's network is because everyone wants MMS so badly their network is hosed, instead of giving them the time to do it right and make sure it is stable across their network..

Or better yet, get a job at ATT and help contribute to getting it here faster instead of sitting around complaining about it not being there.

People really need to learn delayed gratification.

BL.

6. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

If its really bothering you, here's an solution. You can jailbreak it and get on Verizon, which I think allows this and has a better 3G network overall. AT&T often does not deliver to Apple and iPhone customers on queue.

7. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Impossible. Verizon is CDMA and AT&T is GSM. A GSM phone cannot work on a CDMA network, unless it has a separate CDMA chip in it.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Mid-summer? We're 23 freaking days into summer. :rolleyes:

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Mid-summer is what some of the posters make up as rumors on here and elsewhere. I've had numerous arguments with some of these guys. They just don't want to listen. AT&T stated late summer, which could be as late as 9/22 (stated since some people think late summer means end of August....ugh).

10. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Oh whoops. How bout T-Mobile then? Or Sprint?

11. samcraig macrumors P6

and I'll add that I STILL don't see what all the hoopla is about MMS anyway. If I want to send a picture - I attach it to email. Nothing is that important (photo or video wise) that necessitates me having to get it to a person immediately (and in low quality) vs them getting it when they a) are at their home computer or b) get it on their smart phone

But then again - perhaps I'm not the demographic for MMS. I have a 200 text plan a month and I really only text maybe 5-6 people and not that often- again because most people I know have quick access to email

12. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Only T-Mobile. Sprint is CDMA as well.

13. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yes, T-mobile, but not with 3G.

14. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I just wonder why anyone would want to MMS over just sending a picture email

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, some of us have family in east Texas that just ain't that darn' sophisticated usin' no complicated email, okay? :)

So, it would be nice to be able to open these stupid MMS's from them, since I'm all the way over here on the east coast.

16. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Yeah I agree. I AM in the demographic for MMS, but I think it's just a dead technology. Why pay the steep price for a crappy service when emails + push on 3G work the exact some way? Most people have unlimited data plans anyways.

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

maybe because we are/have been paying for a messaging package that included mms and we havent been able to use it

18. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

While I agree with this, I think it makes sense for the technology and the option to be there.

Yes, most people have smartphones and can send emails these days. Believe it or not some people are still using phones that aren't email/internet capable and rely upon MMS for their picture sharing.

Smartphone users need to get over their "my level or nothing" complex.

19. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

lol

1. iPhone won't work on Verizon in its current form, ever, no matter what.
    2. Verizon's 3G sucks.

20. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Okay then I've been seriously misinformed :(

21. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Verizon may have better VOICE coverage, but their internet is sub-par.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

"Smartphone users need to get over their "my level or nothing" complex."

It's not so much that (for me). I just know my usage and my friends capabilities. There's nothing I would need to send via MMS that I couldn't send via email. They either have a phone which gets email, are at their desk when I send it OR... (and I know this is shear crazy talk) it can WAIT until they get home. Nothing is so urgent photo/video wise that it MUST get to them immediately.

23. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

24. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, read my post above. Just because all your friends have this capability does not mean everyone does. Especially the older generation, who might not even be capable of figuring out the internet, if they can even send an MMS (but at least it's easier).