Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dd0tc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I'm doing it just fine. I'm 5'11. Anyone able to text just fine one handed?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
5' 8" or so. My fingers are only halfway across the back which means the side and top are unsupported. It felt extremely unstable so I'm happy I reordered the 6.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Well though i said i couldn't i tried again and i can, but i can barely get to the keys on the right side of the screen. Its definitely something i have to get used to, i just need to make sure i don't drop the phone haha.

I definitely need to take advantage of reachability

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
I'm 5'11" and nope, ain't happening. But i expected that since i was a Note 1 and Note 3 owner. I've got the curse of short stubby fingers, so i'm a bit SOL on the genetics chart in this one.

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
I'm 5'7" and cannot text one-handed on my 5" S4, unless it's via Swype.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
If you grab the phone at the right place, its easy, but when you need to hit that upper left button or upper right button after your done texting for whatever reason... thats the tricky part.

Its not about when you text, but what you do before and after.

golfdude

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2005
I'm texting fine one handed on it!

Are you holding it in the same hand, doesn't count if it's laying on the table. I don't believe anyone that says they can comfortably text on a 6+ without video evidence. Unless your Shaq.

bdb23

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Are you holding it in the same hand, doesn't count if it's laying on the table. I don't believe anyone that says they can comfortably text on a 6+ without video evidence. Unless your Shaq.

it's a forum... you're going to have people who claim they can text 1 handed on a iPad, especially if it proves that they made the correct decision in their purchase.

I tried out both at Apple store... no possible way for me (5'10") to text 1 handed... I honestly don't even like holding it 1 handed, just feels uncomfortable and like I may drop it. Use it more like 1 uses an iPad...

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
it's a forum... you're going to have people who claim they can text 1 handed on a iPad, especially if it proves that they made the correct decision in their purchase.

I tried out both at Apple store... no possible way for me (5'10") to text 1 handed... I honestly don't even like holding it 1 handed, just feels uncomfortable and like I may drop it. Use it more like 1 uses an iPad...

Yeah, thats why I think if you really want to tablety experience, use iPad or an actual tablet.
Don't forget about that watch you've got to wear with this thing in your pocket.

golfdude

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2005

Yep, I held my neighbors, I didn't feel comfortable even trying to get it to a position in my hand to start texting one handed, I was worried it was going to drop out of my hand. Why I want to see video proof, want to see someone, without a case, standing over concrete trying to text.

Nikhil72

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2005
5'9" but with big hands and piano-playing long fingers, can text one-handed on the + and hit send in the messages app, but cannot hit Send if QuickReply...seems they need a send button above the keyboard on the + or something in that scenario.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.