Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zamoht

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
So the new beta on iOS brought the possibility to add a song to a playlist without adding it to your library (finally!). I downloaded the latest beta for OS X with hopes that the same functionality had come to iTunes. But I can't find it.. Is it not a feature (yet) in the iTunes.app och am I missing something?

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I ask this question before since I only have my iPad mini 4 on the 9.3 Beta.
I notice that the songs still show on my iPhone running IOS 9.2 and even if I delete the song within playlist on iPad with 9.3B4, it still remains on all other devices including iTunes. Can you verify this for me?

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I tried 9.3 Beta 5 and still same issue.
I think Apple is just adding a flag or something to these songs which the new beta recognizes and hides but older iTunes etc. doesn't see this flag and doesn't hide.

Looks to me like a workaround that is not 100% finished and has the potential to work good or cause a big mess depending on how much work Apple does to take into account all variables/possibilities with playlists. So far I have found issues when downloading the playlists for offline and then removing song from playlist. I sent feedback to Apple.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I tried 9.3 Beta 5 and still same issue.
I think Apple is just adding a flag or something to these songs which the new beta recognizes and hides but older iTunes etc. doesn't see this flag and doesn't hide.

Looks to me like a workaround that is not 100% finished and has the potential to work good or cause a big mess depending on how much work Apple does to take into account all variables/possibilities with playlists. So far I have found issues when downloading the playlists for offline and then removing song from playlist. I sent feedback to Apple.

I'm not sure just hiding via a flag is what we want. If it still exists in my library it defeats the purpose.

Reactions: zamoht
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.