Ordered from ATT...but

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trssho, Jun 10, 2009.

1. trssho macrumors 6502

Ordered 3GS from Att yesterday, and have a question for anyone else that did. I initially tried to order through Apple, but if you are adding a line, Apple will not let you order.

So I ordered through Att on line. That went smooth, and I received a confirmation email moments later with a delivery promise of the 19th, and an order number. In addition, they included a link to check status of order. While it says up to 24 hrs to enter system, I have always found transactions like this to be very instantanious.

Problem I am having, it keeps saying no info available for order number. Like not in the system.

Point of post: Has anyone ordered on line from Att and been able to verify the order through link given in confirmation email. I am imagining that somehow I was lost in the electronic shuffle, and now I will not be in the initial delivery if I have to reorder.

Thanks for reading my long winded post, Andy

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

If they say 24 hours, I'd give them 24 hours before worrying.

3. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I ordered through AT&T as well and have not been able to check the status of my order. It might be because it's a pre-order so just give it a few days.

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It took a couple of hours for my order information to show up on that link. It doesn't give much info.

iphonepreorder.PNG

5. trssho thread starter macrumors 6502

Well at least it Is showing up for you. Did you use the order number, or your phone number?

6. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

It showed up for me using both phone and order number.

However, I ordered from an AT&T store.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I tried using order number and wireless number and they both worked for me. If it's been almost 24 hours, I would probably contact AT&T.

8. trssho thread starter macrumors 6502

Called customer service, and surprise, the order was canceled. He initially told me that as long as I got the email, it's a done deal. I insisted he check further, and he came back 5 minutes later and said the order was cancelled. UGH! Couldn't tell me exactly why, but I think it has something to do with my 550 minute plan and max 3 lines.

So if you can't log on and verify, call and find out. He then admitted there have been a lot of people calling, and he suspects there will be some pissed off people on the 19th.

9. yakkonvazn macrumors member

i don't understand. so you tried to log in using the link and order number but nothing shows up, or does it says "We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly." That's what mine says on the premier site, using the link and inputting the order number that gave me. does this mean mine was cancelled as well?

10. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

No, your order is being processed. Once it's processed, you should see what I have in the picture in my other post.

If your order was cancelled, it would give you a red error message saying that it couldn't find your order.

Again, they say that this may take up to 24 hours to be posted on that page. Mine only took a couple hours, but that was early in the day yesterday. They are probably processing a lot more orders by now. If it doesn't show up within 24 hours, contact AT&T.

11. dave006 Contributor

dave006

It had everything to do with your current rate plan. Since you have the FamilyTalk 550 which as you states has a hard limit of a total of 3 lines, you will fail the order validation step and your order will be cancelled, however you should have received a cancellation email. I am not sure how you managed or order an add-a-line and complete the first phase of the order submission.

Another reason some orders are often cancelled is when a Debit card was used instead of a credit card. It has to do with how the authorization process works.

I will second your advise to others: For others, please make sure that you double check that your order is in the system if you can't find your order in the system but please allow 24 hrs based on the load on the system.

Dave

12. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

I ordered my phone in the store at about 2:00 CST and I received the confirmation email at 4:11 CST. My order is already coming up when I go to wireless.att.com/order_status.

A question for anyone, but directed at themoonisdown09... do you know what the "Various SIM" is in your order? Something to do with the 32gb phone or something else? I got the 16 and mine just shows the phone and freight.

13. dbwie macrumors 6502

I am getting the exact same message on the premier site. I'm not worried about it. I'm a new customer so they are likely doing a credit check, etc. Estimated ship time in my confirmation email was 2-5 business days, but I'm not expecting it before the 19th.

14. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

I would like to know this as well. I ordered the 32gb and mine does not show a various SIM

15. yakkonvazn macrumors member

i called the order update line from the premier website, and it said that my order was processed.

16. nojokews6 macrumors regular

Like an idiot a deleated my confirmation number. Is it listed somewhere else on myatt.com?

17. trssho thread starter macrumors 6502

Probably the whole problem was the plan I was on. Was correctly stated above that I kept getting the red error msg, and advised me to try again. If you get past that screen, your probably golden.

So after my earlier call to ATT customer service, and was advised to go to local store, I called the store, and they said no problem come on in. SOooooo, I drive 35 minutes in B***ch traffic to the ATT store. They spent 2 minutes trying, and then stated " yea, it's been down all day". Thanks for having me drive down during rush hour you bone heads.

Now I am going to try changing to the 700 minute from the 550 plan, and try ordering again. Am starting to lose faith in this process. Just my luck probably. Also, so now I have to spend $10 more for more minute plan, $10 for new line, and $30 data plan. $50 plus all the BS taxes Yada yada fees!

I heard they were going to have a limited data plan for $20...sign me up, I use wi fi 90% of the time.

18. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I guess I won't be getting mine on the 19th. It says backordered -1 instead of 0

[​IMG]

19. dagomike macrumors 65816

Doh! When did you order?

Mine 32GB order doesn't have the SIM line either. Are these new lines or upgrade/transfers?

20. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I ordered mine on the 9th. And I added a line to my family account.

21. auero macrumors 65816

Is that how you know you wont be getting it on time? When you see the backordered with 1 status?

And there is NO WAY to cancel an order? If thats the case I'l have it come, refuse shipment and order from apple AGAIN.

22. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I have no idea if the 1 under backordered means I wont be getting it on the 19th. But the other guy who posted a pic earlier didnt have a 1 under backordered, so I was just assuming. And you cannot cancel an online order with AT&T.

23. dagomike macrumors 65816

If it says one, that means it's back ordered. Mine says zero, I ordered about 5 PM EDT on the 9th. Might just be a glitch. I did mine in the store if you did yours online that might be the difference.

24. trssho thread starter macrumors 6502

Changed plan, and added line. Then I reordered phone. Almost hoping they cancel this one, as I still have been unable to log in AGAIN to check my status, and guy aboves order showed back order.. If it doesn't go through this time, I will just camp out at Best Buy at 5:30am and get one on the 19th. I have 0 confidence in ATT at this point to get me a phone on the 19th.

25. exhibit.b macrumors regular

Yeah I ordered online and it was early afternoon, like 1 or 2 EDT