OS X 10.5.7 Build 9J58 Seeded to Developers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 1, 2009.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Earlier this week, Apple seeded a new version of OS X 10.5.7, termed Build 9J58, to developers. World of Apple publishes the seed notes, which list only a pair of changes related to compatibility fixes between the CFNetwork framework and VPN, iChat, and Safari. Apple has also added iChat to the list of focus areas upon which developers are being asked to concentrate their testing.

As with numerous previous developer builds, the inability to install Safari 4 Beta remains the only documented issue. Development on OS X 10.5.7 has been presumed to be wrapping up for several weeks now, but Apple appears to still be finding a few bugs that require their continued attention. The last developer release, Build 9J56, was seeded in the middle of last week.

Article Link: OS X 10.5.7 Build 9J58 Seeded to Developers

2. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

3. stade1979 macrumors member

Maybe SL will arrive before this update. HIHIHIHI Update Please...

4. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

There's always just a "few" more bugs, right? :)

5. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

I don't seem to recall ever seeing so many seeds issued to developers being reported on, is this normal or is 5.7 getting extra attention above and beyond what a normal intermediate release/ OS update would get?

6. Shookster macrumors regular

From what I hear, Safari 4 Beta works fine on 10.5.7 but the installer is programmed to accept only 10.5.6 - nothing higher or lower. So the lack of compatibility is a Safari installer bug, not a bug with 10.5.7.

I'm thinking that they are nearing the end of the Safari testing process and are waiting until it is complete so they can bundle it with 10.5.7. That seems the most probable reason for the delay.

7. Gillesp macrumors newbie

Tuesday? Must be close to perfection by now, wondering how much realeses there will be after 10.5.7

8. igazza macrumors 6502a

igazza

9. HailToTheVictor macrumors regular

I can't deal with this. 10.5.6 has been so buggy and they just keep teasing us with these seeds...

10. Kar98 macrumors 6502a

At this point I'm assuming that's because it's going to be the last Leo version ever, and also the last version that's not going to be Intel-only. After that, it's gonna be SnowLeo and Intel only.
    Source: my ass.

11. HailToTheVictor macrumors regular

You've gone and started it now

12. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Their software isn't quite there yet. They're taking their time to get it right.

13. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

I am happy to see Apple focusing on software quality. (I hope iTunes is getting similar attention.)

But I hope next Apple focused the quality spotlight on hardware. The imperfections in their hardware line (notably displays and laptops) is making the "out of box" experience a nervous "what flaws did I get" experience.

14. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Are you kidding? The new MacBooks and MacBook Pros are the most solid, well-built notebook computers I've ever seen. What flaws are you talking about. My brother just got one and it's amazing!

15. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You're beating a dead horse with this update Apple. Get on with it.

16. BriChi macrumors 6502

He's not kidding, I purchased the 13" 2.4 unibody and all the keys were on a very noticeable slant and made it annoying to type at times, plus it looked really bad, i had to send the laptop in and was without it for a week so they can replaced the keyboard, other then that I agree with ya

17. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

ARgghhh! Just release it already. BTW, "Earlier this week"???? Not very timely.

18. fuz10n macrumors member

fuz10n

Hey, at least we're getting an update. Yeah, 10.5.6 has some nasty bugs and graphics performance problems (new drivers in 10.5.7 - what I'm really excited about), but they could've just said a big F you to all of us and made us wait until snow leopard to see the 10.5.7 improvements and fixes.

So, take your time Apple. While I'm anxious for this update as well, I'm happy that they are being careful about its stability before release.

19. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

20. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

We weren't going to get 10.5.7?

21. DELLsFan macrumors 6502a

DELLsFan

22. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

Apple always releases one more point update after the new OS version comes out as a truly "polished" release.

23. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

24. robinp macrumors 6502

teehee nice little subtle english lesson there