Resolved OS X Yosemite on Unsupported Macs [Guide]

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Juan Doncel

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2019
MAC POST FACTOR v.2.0.1 ERROR code 1, unable to create bootable OS X Yosemite usb. "There are not log files on your desktop, something unknown happened!!"

I'm on a 2013 Macbook Air 4Gb RAM Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina, in order to create a bootable Yosemite USB for my Macbook3,1.

azcharey

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2018
Thanks for the advice! I’ve been doing this for the fourth day, as soon as I found the right image of the system and was able to install. It took a lot of attempts.
- - Post merged: - -

But working with graphics is very difficult. New Photoshop is very slow even with a video driver, and in general the whole system is very slow because of the small memory on an already weak video card (
Good day sir! Where did you get your Yosemite 10.10.5 image?

VSmac

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2019
Hi all!
I've made all steps in #2 and got bootable image of Yosemite on the flash drive.
But unfortunately when the installer boots, it says that Yosemite is already installed on my mac. And the only way is to reboot the system.
Have you any ideas how to fix the problem?

Macbook 4,1
board-id Mac-F22788A9

The macOS extractor didn't help, I get non-bootable image, my laptop just ignores the flash drive.

roadierfl

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2020
Got handed an Imac 5,1 the other day and installed Yosemite on it to see what would happen, using this guide. Install was flawless, graphic performance was non-existent, but I see there are some fixes here in the forum for that, but my question is, I have two matching apple-installed 2 GB RAM cards in the machine, but under Yosemite, it reports only 3 GB.

I've trawled this forum looking for an answer, but wondering if that's a known bug, or if it's really not seeing the 4GB installed?

Thanks

--edit: found the answer. only 3GB is supported

Last edited:

huedrant

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
I just moved my original question with the kernel panic log to a new post in the SFOTT thread as it was SFOTT related. As far as I see, people on 10.7 seem to have success with MCPF or MacExtractor. What is the best method in 2020 to get 10.10 running on my MacBook2,1?

Last edited:

roadierfl

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2020
Installed the kexts for x1600, set the flag in single user mode. rebooted, now have no background screen or dock. Formatted, reinstalled, re-installed the kexts, same issue. Anyone ever get past this?

Thanks

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.