Otterbox Defender 4S Delays :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by X3NIA, Oct 13, 2011.

1. X3NIA macrumors member

Emailed to me a few minutes ago:

I don't understand why they are waiting until Friday to begin shipping but it is pretty disappointing to see even further delays.

I ordered on the 7th, the same day the 4S preorders went out so I am hoping to be on the first "truck" or whatever they are using as an excuse.

2. Katy77 macrumors newbie

I ordered mine from att.com and received them earlier this week. I understand from some that ATT stores are selling them. You may be able to get one this evening because I can bet you they will ALL be sold by tomorrow this time.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

I ordered a Commuter and also received this email, so it's not just for the Defender series. Personally I'll be a little pissed if mine is delayed since I ordered as soon as the webpage went live. I'm sure the email is just a mass auto-generated one to all purchasers though.

4. R4z3r macrumors member

Same issue here. I'm really upset with this. Why would they wait till the 14th to ship. That's ridiculous. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed

5. TazExprez macrumors member

I bought a full black Defender and a black and red one on Tuesday of this week. I got them at a local AT&T store in New York. The lady told me that they received them on Monday night of this week. Go to your local AT&T store and you may find them in stock. Btw, I got the lady to price match their 25% off on all accessories deal that is going on at their website right now.

6. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

I got that email too, and I had ordered the commuter. Said they won't have them in stock until 10/27. Needless to say, I'm shopping for a temporary case now.

7. Rusdude macrumors member

They are not waiting until 14th to ship. Email states that not all orders will be shipped by 14th, meaning there have been so many orders, they are backed up and -- despite "working overtime" -- aren't going to be able to ship out all orders in time.

8. TazExprez macrumors member

If anyone can, just go to an AT&T store. They had many 4S Defender cases in stock when I bought 2 on Tuesday of this week. And I got price matched with AT&T's online sale price of 25% off on all accessories.

9. ProMed12 macrumors member

My commuter email today:

10. troop231 macrumors 603

I ordered the Commuter and got the other email, not the one you got.

11. TJ5921 macrumors regular

I ordered a Defender and other than the initial confirmation email I haven't received anything since. Hoping mine is still on schedule to ship tomorrow.

12. yamatitan macrumors member

I ordered mine on the 8th and according to the tracking number it will be here tomorrow.

13. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

They're in stock at the RadioShack I work at... check there!

14. mom333 macrumors regular

Me too. :-(

15. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

got mine today.. just order the old iphone 4 case.. its the same thing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

isn't the case the same as the 4 case anyways. I mean the verizon 4 case? since the phone is the same shape?

or are they actually different?

17. Tybee, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

Tybee macrumors member

Tybee

It has nothing to do with Verizon or AT&T. The white iPhone 4 has a different sensor array than the black iPhone 4. So it requires the bigger opening in the front. The iPhone 4S requires it as well. There's also an open debate over whether the larger camera/flash opening in back on the Defender 4S is necessary for the new camera. I lean toward yes.

Also, for those of you feeling bad, here's the email I got tonight about my Glacier Defender 4S:

So mine's not coming until November. I guess the Glacier is popular. My wife, who's getting the teal/teal model, got this:

So hopefully she won't have to wait as long.

The irritating thing about this is OtterBox seems to have had no problem stocking AT&T stores. But customers who pre-order directly through them get screwed. :mad:

18. last.september macrumors newbie

I was able to get my defender when I preordered my 4S in store (AT&T). They seemed to have quite a bit of them too. Funny how I'll have my case tomorrow, but not the phone :(

19. cole01 macrumors 6502

So completely bummed about this. Guess I'll be using my 4S with an iPod sock until my defender and commuter arrive. Really annoying :/

20. amckimmey macrumors newbie

I sent them an email hoping they will canceled my order. I hope they don't tell me I cant, and still have to wait 2 weeks.

21. amckimmey macrumors newbie

Just an observation, from Otterbox's twitter they seem to be at big city stores just giving out gift boxes for shirts and hats. Probably selling cases to. Maybe that's were our cases went to, retaliated, not back ordered.

22. X3NIA thread starter macrumors member

For those that keep saying "Get an iPhone 4 case"

On the Q&A section of Otterbox's site for the case they claim they redesigned the rubber for the case to me more durable.

The flash opening is larger, and there are a few other minor changes such as a bigger switch cutout so that Verizon phones now fit rather than being cut off and having the switch rest between open space and the case itself (Making it hard to use / aesthetically unappealing.

They didn't change a lot but they changed enough to warrant waiting, for me at least.

23. lokiju, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

lokiju macrumors 6502

I emailed asking them to cancel it.

I'd rather try local stores and actually have the case I want day one rather than risk being without a case.

Just got off the phone with Otterbox since I didn't get any confirmation of cancellation from my email request. They said the email was a mistake for me and it will in fact ship out today and upgraded my shipping to be faster for free.

So looks like I'll keep it.

24. Tybee macrumors member

Tybee

Looking on the site, it appears the pink/gray one and the white/gray (Glacier) are the ones that are backordered.

Will all of the colors shown on the site be available at retail? I'm assuming not, given that AT&T has a completely different palette of colors (none of which interest my wife or I) except for basic black. So I guess we'll just wait for the ones we ordered, however long that ends up taking. At least we'll have our iPhones today, as I know some folks will not be as fortunate.

I got a sharp-looking Griffin Reveal Frame bumper in the meantime, which I'll use in combo with an iPod sock.

25. Saberj macrumors regular

I ordered two commuter cases. I got one email telling me that they "expect to receive inventory of the product you ordered by 10/27". They don't mention which case is the one that is out of stock, but there is a picture of a pink/white case, so I assume it's that one. Then I also got the email about not being able to fulfill all the orders on the 14th. Here's an idea. Start before the 14th.