Our MBP is stranded in ShangHai thread [UK/Eu]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChristWolves, Apr 18, 2010.

1. ChristWolves macrumors regular

I have order my MBP on the 14th and was told that my MBP will only arrive within one and two weeks or more due to the volcanic ashes in Iceland.

The worst thing is... Today is the LAST DAY of Easter vacation. :(

Just want to know how many of you guy's MBP has encountered the "NATURAL DISASTER" and when is the expected arrival date? - Share your joy/frustration!

2. Passenger88 macrumors member

Passenger88

I ordered my MCB yesterday and the estimated time I could expect it is May 4/5 :(. I think the volcano is a big part of this delay.
    I live in The Netherlands by the way.

3. ChristWolves thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered the same model as you, but unfortunately we all have the same expected delivery date until the volcanic ashes got blown to "somewher else". :rolleyes:

4. HerrWulf macrumors newbie

I'm a part of the "waiting for volcanic ash to go somewhere else" group too. Ordered on release date, with an expected delivery of somewhere between the 22nd and 27th of April. Currently pushed back to the 5th of May.

I'm not exactly amused by it, but unless they start shipping things over the ground there's not a whole lot that can be done about it.

5. The Red Tape macrumors newbie

I'm with you guys, estimated delivery date: 12th of May :(

6. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

I ordered my MacBook Pro CTO the day it was first released. The latest status is that it left Shanghai on the 16th. It made it to California as of today (by way of Alaska).

7. keantan macrumors regular

same story

apple.com says eta 5 may :(

except im stranded overseas trying to get back to europe as well!

8. Ommo macrumors newbie

I'm in the same spot. Didn't bother to check the updated ETA. Just assumed it was going to be delayed. It would be nice to get the comp, but worse things could, have and will happen. Complaining over a delayed MBP seems a lot like complaining over itching diamond shoes. Especially since I just read that 1700 people died in an earthquake in China yesterday.

9. simonwalton macrumors member

Ordered mine on thurs morning (15" with hi-res option). Funny thing is, my ETA on the UPS tracker says it'll be here tomorrow despite it still being in the "origin scan" status at Shanghai still. My Apple shipping confirmation email told me to expect it on the 27th.

10. BeamWalker macrumors 6502

BeamWalker

At least you guys got a new delivery date. UPS is still saying my 13" base MBP it's gonna be here (in germany) by tomorrow - and I know they're lying to me since it is still in a warehouse near shanghai airport.

Damn you mother nature.

11. StEvEnGtR macrumors member

StEvEnGtR

I'll probably be in the same boat as all of you, but I don't know that for sure.
    I ordered mine at an APR, does anyone know which service they use for their customer shipments?

12. saschke macrumors 6502

My Apple Germany order status page says it was sent out by UPS Netherlands yesterday and should be here until wednesday. I'm not able to see advanced tracking information. Any hints on how to get that info? :)

13. skodacars macrumors newbie

Ordered today, Estimated Delivery: 29 Apr, 2010 - 05 May, 2010:eek:

14. cheetahxt macrumors member

I ordered mine the 13th. At 5.55h it said "Natural Disaster" so I already gave up hope.

But 15.25 today it apparently landed in Cologne. I'm pretty happy :)

15. saschke macrumors 6502

I live in Cologne. Where do you check that detailed transit info?!?!!?

16. cheetahxt macrumors member

On UPS.de (just enter your shipping number you get on the apple store homepage).

Sadly mine is held for brokerage clearance now. I guess nobody's working today so it'll be delayed for a day or two.

17. ChristWolves thread starter macrumors regular

Fingers crossed for the MBPs which arrived in Germany. I hope that mine belongs to that batch of pallet, but I doubt it as I order on the 14th. :(

18. ibizarocks macrumors regular

I don't understand how you guys are all having problems and I haven't had one! Ordered 14th, shipped 17th delivery before 26th with no hiccups mentioned.

19. saschke macrumors 6502

Is it the number which usually starts with an eight? I have tried every number there is on my order status page and UPS.de just gives an error "no data found"...

20. tombilske macrumors member

tombilske

on another thread people got cologne scans but they just say data processing or something like that. most people think that the comps are still somewhere in shanghai and that the cologne scan doesn't mean that they are in cologne...

apparently the package distribution centre in cologne has been closed since friday so i dont know how you package would be there :(:(

21. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Good news: my MBP is on its way!
    Bad news: its on a slow boat
    Badder news: boat is routing through Somali waters.

22. ChristWolves thread starter macrumors regular

You're hilarious! What about the baddest news? They forgot about the engine, so they decided to paddle to the UK i.e. kayaking! :D

23. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

So I honestly have no idea if mine's delayed....or do the delays ONLY affect UK/EU? Mine's shipping to Texas.

My estimated arrival date is still April 21rst by 10: 30...which is good because I'm going out of town for a week on that day! So it's kinda important that I know when it's getting here!

Most of the font on the tracking page is all red and, for some reason...my freaking MBP is STILL in China....although I don't see that it's actually "delayed" anywhere....so is it?

But even though shipment information was sent two days ago...it still hasn't left the country?

[​IMG]

24. shoppy macrumors 6502a

My status has changed to;
    KOELN (COLOGNE), DE 18/04/2010 15:20 PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE / RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT FOR DELIVERY

SO I am hoping fingers crossed, I have already had the data processing by brokerage yesterday. Also had export scan from shanghai.

I ordered base 15 with hi res glossy.

25. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

I've already had the brokerage notification, then I got export scan, departure scan and then natural disaster. Now I have the brokerage one saying it is cleared and in transit for delivery like in the post above. Do you think that means it's in Germany? It's all so confusing!