Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mimiron

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2017
Isn't the Magic Keyboard already acting like a smart folio? It weighs about the same as the iPad, and I don't want the device to get any bulkier through cases.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
But they're not AirPod cases, they're always AirPod case cases!

Why won't someone make individual AirPod cases for each AirPod?

I guess they’re waiting for the ear case to come to market first. :D

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Clearly the ziploc/sleeve/case/case-encased iPad needs to be set in the middle of a yard of freshly-poured concrete, which is then welded into a tungsten cube. If the tungsten plates are, say, an inch-and-a-half thick, that should result in a one meter cube, that weighs a mere few thousand pounds. Some sacrifices must be made, of course, for the ultimate in protection. Thought it’s probably best to store it in Cheyenne Mountain, just to be sure.

I’ll take my chances and just use a Pelican case :D

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK

Bought this one. Not expensive comes with a little bag to put other stuff in there like cables/air pods/pencil.
ff5adfac19f8302a1c8e6ca68e557f09.jpg
At 15” I’m guessing there’s quite a lot of extra space?

Edit: Ah, that’s just the preview - I see there are other sizes. It looks good, I might copy you. Did you go with the 12”?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
At 15” I’m guessing there’s quite a lot of extra space?

Edit: Ah, that’s just the preview - I see there are other sizes. It looks good, I might copy you. Did you go with the 12”?

I went for 15 inch and I should have gone for lower size. I got the bigger size due to the added bulk of the keyboard but I think the 13 inch size would be fine

alexonline

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
That seems to be the case.
It seems like people will decide to buy this case for a case on a case by case basis. They'll case the joint first, which could make them look like head cases, but just in case they damage their case, this is one case you'll probably end up buying. In the end you'll have so many cases you can state your case and say that "all your case belong to us".

Reactions: CarlJ

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I went for 15 inch and I should have gone for lower size. I got the bigger size due to the added bulk of the keyboard but I think the 13 inch size would be fine
I'll try it and let you know! If it's too small I can always send it back. Fewer colours available in the smaller size though, at least on Amazon UK.

Reactions: The Game 161

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I'll try it and let you know! If it's too small I can always send it back. Fewer colours available in the smaller size though, at least on Amazon UK.
Yeah not a huge selection, the extra small bag would be useful for cables and air pods for example

alexonline

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
Yeah not a huge selection, the extra small bag would be useful for cables and air pods for example
so the extra small bag would act as a case for cables and AirPods? Is it the case that this is an extra case that comes with the case for all those things you want to bring with you, just in case you need them? Maybe you need a valise.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
so the extra small bag would act as a case for cables and AirPods? Is it the case that this is an extra case that comes with the case for all those things you want to bring with you, just in case you need them? Maybe you need a valise.
Well seeing as it was thrown in with the sleeve i won’t complain. It’s easy to lose things like that in my bag so knowing where they are for sure isn’t a bad thing. Not like you have to use it...

Reactions: alexonline

alexonline

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
Well seeing as it was thrown in with the sleeve i won’t complain. It’s easy to lose things like that in my bag so knowing where they are for sure isn’t a bad thing. Not like you have to use it...
I was just attempting a bit of misguided humor... :) Anyway it's good to see Apple's ecosystem is so incredibly strong, Android makers wish they had 1% of Apple's success in this area.

Reactions: The Game 161

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
Nope, 13" is just a smidge too small. Also I don't like the brown colour! 13.5" would probably be fine, but 15" would seem the only option if you want to leave the pen attached. How much slack is there?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Nope, 13" is just a smidge too small. Also I don't like the brown colour! 13.5" would probably be fine, but 15" would seem the only option if you want to leave the pen attached. How much slack is there?

This is how it looks inside.

I have a Apple Pencil holder on my iPad also from amazon

Do hate how dirty the keyboard material gets I must admit

ec465f14312f9a0847680c4c7f1cb43b.jpg

4d165d62f21e0d4541dee118d5805d6b.jpg

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I was just attempting a bit of misguided humor... :) Anyway it's good to see Apple's ecosystem is so incredibly strong, Android makers wish they had 1% of Apple's success in this area.

Ha sorry

Yeah the ecosystem is what will always drive me to stay with Apple. Every product works so well together

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
This is how it looks inside.

I have a Apple Pencil holder on my iPad also from amazon

Do hate how dirty the keyboard material gets I must admit

Ta!

Yeah, I hate how grubby the material gets too. Also because it's soft I'm really reluctant to move it around on a table surface where any bit of dirt under it will create a big scratch, when I wouldn't give a second thought to sliding a metal laptop around.
[automerge]1589554299[/automerge]
If that trackpad wasn't just soooooo nice I'd return this thing. The material choice is just terrible.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Ta!

Yeah, I hate how grubby the material gets too. Also because it's soft I'm really reluctant to move it around on a table surface where any bit of dirt under it will create a big scratch, when I wouldn't give a second thought to sliding a metal laptop around.
[automerge]1589554299[/automerge]
If that trackpad wasn't just soooooo nice I'd return this thing. The material choice is just terrible.
Been looking for a leather skin but had no luck so far...some out there are pretty good I must admit

princevalentines

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2020
Please do not waste your time and money!
Pad & Quill is so irresponsive with unreliable customer services that have a lot of miscommunications among themselves. Customers have to make their own initiative to check and get latest update on the shipment.
Aren’t customer services should be proactive and attentive informing respective customers on any potential/ actual delay?
Highly not recommended.
Save your money and time!

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Please do not waste your time and money!
Pad & Quill is so irresponsive with unreliable customer services that have a lot of miscommunications among themselves. Customers have to make their own initiative to check and get latest update on the shipment.
Aren’t customer services should be proactive and attentive informing respective customers on any potential/ actual delay?
Highly not recommended.
Save your money and time!
I have purchased from Pan Quill many times, iPhone, passport (government issue kind) and various iPads over the years. Yes this time around its slow in coming because of the quarantine but their customer service has been nothing but APPLE LIKE, the best. I sign in and see all the information I need to. I copy the order number and email though the web site to customer service, and I get a response from them that day. Ok if I do it after 10pm EST then i have to wait till morning. As a mater of fact scheduled to arrive by second day USPS today is my Aria and Cupertina case for my 12.9 iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard. The products and craftsmanship as well as their customer service is refreshing and with the wait.

princevalentines

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2020
I have purchased from Pan Quill many times, iPhone, passport (government issue kind) and various iPads over the years. Yes this time around its slow in coming because of the quarantine but their customer service has been nothing but APPLE LIKE, the best. I sign in and see all the information I need to. I copy the order number and email though the web site to customer service, and I get a response from them that day. Ok if I do it after 10pm EST then i have to wait till morning. As a mater of fact scheduled to arrive by second day USPS today is my Aria and Cupertina case for my 12.9 iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard. The products and craftsmanship as well as their customer service is refreshing and with the wait.
I have very bad experience with them.
Totally irresponsive customer services.
Not proactive at all to update customers on the delay. and simply said that they have miscommunications among themselves.
What a lame and pathetic excuses.
Buying from China is much better than from this company.
I guess they have lost their USA-crafted proud.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Buying from China is much better than from this company.
I guess they have lost their USA-crafted proud.
actually the delay is because they are committed to producing product in the US. With at first shelter in place then social distancing being the rule of the day i Guess it was harder to start up production and still protect their employee. They seem to have worked that out as they are resuming production. On a side note sign in to the site, quote your order number and chat. They will respond. Try it.

princevalentines

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2020
actually the delay is because they are committed to producing product in the US. With at first shelter in place then social distancing being the rule of the day i Guess it was harder to start up production and still protect their employee. They seem to have worked that out as they are resuming production. On a side note sign in to the site, quote your order number and chat. They will respond. Try it.
Tbh, I like their design and all but the response that I received recently was so disappointing ;(

Anyways, are you using Apple’s Magic Keyboard (MKB) as your case for your iPad Pro?
Any suggestions on how to protect MKB from dirts/ smudges?
I hope Copertina from Pad & Quill will help but unfortunately I just cancel my order with them

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Tbh, I like their design and all but the response that I received recently was so disappointing ;(

Anyways, are you using Apple’s Magic Keyboard (MKB) as your case for your iPad Pro?
Any suggestions on how to protect MKB from dirts/ smudges?
I hope Copertina from Pad & Quill will help but unfortunately I just cancel my order with them

Get a skin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.