Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaziCo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
SoCal (Orange County)
One hypothesis as to why the IUP orders might be getting a disproportionate share of the "bumps" is that their orders processed more quickly as many had pre-approved their credit, and presumably the carriers had already confirmed their eligibility.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow morning a lot of people here see their credit cards charged, and get shipping dates sometime next week. I'll post what happens to my account tomorrow (my card has been charged but the shipping window hasn't changed yet).

I mean if there is transparency about this.. I think we would take it.. It could make more sense they get priority... just don't lie our faces.

And the discrepancy is just atrocious, Like moving from December to this upcoming Monday... ordering 45 mins later..
[doublepost=1509650824][/doublepost]
Why all the hate? Apple promised you a window of 11/17-11/24, and odds are pretty good it will arrive before then. So what if other people got bumped up? If an extra million phones became available from some combination of cancellations and extra production, but they have 3 million pre-orders, not everyone will get bumped up. Treat it like getting bumped up to first/business class at the airport.

Honestly when we all started this it was some good fun, getting to know ppl, and just all seeing if we can help each other out and make some sense of all of this...

I am happy for everyone that got bumped, but what is happening is clearly not fair... and something is clearly broken either in communication or system..

The concern is the bumps are not being distributed fairly... it's clear.. again someone orders 45 mins late vs some like me 6 mins!! they get their phone before me.. common!!

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
My pending charge appeared and disappeared the day after I placed the order. Not sure how important it is tbh.
When you place the order they run a pending charge that falls off after a few days. When the order ships they re-charge your card.

N8Howell33

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Order Confirmation email 12:22 PST
Verizon Space Gray 64GB
Paid in Full
17th-24th
"Order in Progress" via apple page

No CC charge or bump up.
Almost identical to me and still in “Order in progress.”

montanaco

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2016
64GB Silver T-Mobile
Paid in Full
Ordered in App Store at 3:15a EDT
Quoted Nov 17-24
Charged and in transit for 11/6 delivery

Damn everything exactly the same except space grey here. Same exact email confirmation and order time jeez. Congrats man.

rawCpoppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
I think it's ridiculous paid in full gets no benefit. The phone is already paid for and the person was interested enough to wake up at ungodly hours to preorder.

blackjackmark

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
I mean if there is transparency about this.. I think we would take it.. It could make more sense they get priority... just don't lie our faces.

And the discrepancy is just atrocious, Like moving from December to this upcoming Monday... ordering 45 mins later..
[doublepost=1509650824][/doublepost]

Honestly when we all started this it was some good fun, getting to know ppl, and just all seeing if we can help each other out and make some sense of all of this...

I am happy for everyone that got bumped, but what is happening is clearly not fair... and something is clearly broken either in communication or system..

The concern is the bumps are not being distributed fairly... it's clear.. again someone orders 45 mins late vs some like me 6 mins!! they get their phone before me.. common!!
Part of what we don’t know is that maybe Apple assumed them a spot in line when they went through their prequalification process and as long as they finished the order on opening day, they got to keep that spot in line.

Those folks are being forced to buy Apple Care too so it’s a guaranteed extra profit for every device. We all may think that’s unfair, but it’s similar to what goes on at amusement parks where you can purchase a pass to get to the head of every line. It’s capitalism at work. If someone is willing to pay for the privilege then merchants will take advantage of them.

jasongman

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
So I ordered mine around 2:12am CST Oct 27.

Paid in full 256GB Space Grey iPhone X

I have a Nov 17-24 ship date as well with a current status of Order in Progress.

However I noticed at 4am last night I have a "Pending Charge" for the full amount on my Amex card I used to pay.

No change in status or ship date.
I used the chat feature on the order page and asked the rep about it, I was told it the ship dates and status would possibly change once the hold was release by amex and the charge actually posts on the card.

I will check back tomorrow and see if it changes, I assume it could take 24 hours to post to Amex and go through fully.

SiskoKid

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Can folks provide their location as well?

I paid in full through Apple. 12:11am purchase. 256GB Space Grey. Northern California.

My card was charged at 3am this morning but my account information has not changed and I have no shipping info. Very weird

montanaco

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2016
Just cancelled my 17-24 order from Apple. Everyone behind me gets to move up one place in line! May the odds ever be in your favor.

Aw :( are you going to try and get one in store? Or are you just over the process in general?

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Aw :( are you going to try and get one in store? Or are you just over the process in general?

Like...?

-HM

When I got the 17-24 estimate from Apple I decided to try going to my carrier directly (T-Mobile). They must have got a lot of stock because I was able to get a launch day delivery. Didn’t mention before because I didn’t want to appear to be rubbing anything in with this group having to wait through launch day watching from the sidelines.

Keep the faith! Hopefully the times get pulled way in for you!

montanaco

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2016
When I got the 17-24 estimate from Apple I decided to try going to my carrier directly (T-Mobile). They must have got a lot of stock because I was able to get a launch day delivery. Didn’t mention before because I didn’t want to appear to be rubbing anything in with this group having to wait through launch day watching from the sidelines.

Ah, gotcha, congrats!! Enjoy the phone :D

Hollow Man

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Connecticut

Then I shall, in fact, like your posts, good sir!

-HM

Reactions: frumpy16
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.