Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BassAgent

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
How long should I have to wait until my line is working again with the new number I ported back onto verizon from page plus?

EDIT: Nvm it went through.

I'm going to purchase another phone/line through apple. But first I have to drop my unlimited text messages correct? I am able to bring it back to unlimited texts after adding the new line right? (which iphones are the easiest to sell/profit off of right now? I need a fairly quick sale to get my note 4, and the 6+ 128gb i put up for sell hasnt had any hits yet)

Last edited:

sg228

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Seems like a lot of wait to talk to a rep right now to authorize someone to take over the line. Been waiting since an hour.

K43kf0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
This is what I was thinking, but I am a little bit hesitant to do that. I think that this would be a good move, but I can also put this on my current family plan and just do it for $40 a month ($10 for add a line + $30 for unlimited). That way, it is even cheaper than the $45 loyalty plan that is being discussed.
That's so true

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
This is what I was thinking, but I am a little bit hesitant to do that. I think that this would be a good move, but I can also put this on my current family plan and just do it for $40 a month ($10 for add a line + $30 for unlimited). That way, it is even cheaper than the $45 loyalty plan that is being discussed.
It's definitely cheaper to add a UDP line to a family share than the $45/mo loyalty plan. The $45/mo loyalty plan is for those with individual plans or those whose phones are on other carriers.

K43kf0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
It's definitely cheaper to add a UDP line to a family share than the $45/mo loyalty plan. The $45/mo loyalty plan is for those with individual plans or those whose phones are on other carriers.
I kept all my lines individually because I hate to pay for $9.99 access.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Seems like a lot of wait to talk to a rep right now to authorize someone to take over the line. Been waiting since an hour.

It was about 15 minutes around noon today (Central). I'm guessing the wait times will get longer until they peak Wednesday evening. The AOL rep for the person who assumed my account didn't realize that the new policy takes effect 11/13. She thought it was today, which slowed things down a bit as she needed to speak to a supervisor.

K43kf0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
This makes no sense.

I have three individual lines. 450 mins each line. $39.99 each plus $29.99 for data. I don't want to change it to 700 minutes family plan where I have to pay $9.99 for access line on all three lines and get less minutes. It's just how I see it.

GrilledCheesus

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
Hi, all. New here and obviously late to the game. A friend of mine asked me if I could grab him an iPhone and a new UDP line then do an AOL over to him. It looks like I can certainly add the line through Apple. The problem is that it's not available in any stores near us and delivery is slated to be 10 days out. Since I've never done this before I was wondering if there was any way to order the phone and do the transfer right away. There's only another couple of days left to do this so if it's something we have to wait until we receive the phone to do then I'll have to let him know he's out of luck.

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
Looks like I am out the game also. VZW has me on a 24 hour hold that wont allow me to add more lines.

I got 3 6+ today and I guess they decided that I had my fill. I have takers for the 3 lines but want to keep them for myself, cant decide whether to AOL them and get 3 more after AOL isn't an option (when my 24 hrs is up) or just call it a day and keep them.

Pretty tired of calling VZW at this point and wouldnt mind not visiting an apple store for a good while.

K43kf0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
Hi, all. New here and obviously late to the game. A friend of mine asked me if I could grab him an iPhone and a new UDP line then do an AOL over to him. It looks like I can certainly add the line through Apple. The problem is that it's not available in any stores near us and delivery is slated to be 10 days out. Since I've never done this before I was wondering if there was any way to order the phone and do the transfer right away. There's only another couple of days left to do this so if it's something we have to wait until we receive the phone to do then I'll have to let him know he's out of luck.

Last resort just aol the udp first and worry about the phone later before the loophole closes. If not find an Apple Store that has available for pick up

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I have three individual lines. 450 mins each line. $39.99 each plus $29.99 for data. I don't want to change it to 700 minutes family plan where I have to pay $9.99 for access line on all three lines and get less minutes. It's just how I see it.
As I said that makes no sense. It is not a matter of how you see it. It is a matter of how much the different options cost.

Here is the math:

3 450 minute individual plans with UDPs no texts = $210/mo
1 700 minute family share plan with 3 UDPs and no texts = $190/mo

So you pay $20 more per month if you go with the 3 individual plans but of course you get 1350 minutes b/t the 3 lines vs. 700 with the family share.

However, if you move to the 1400 FS for $210/mo for 3 UDP lines, you get 1400 minutes AND 10 F&F.

When you have 2 or more lines, family share plans ALWAYS make sense over individual plans.

K43kf0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
As I said that makes no sense. It is not a matter of how you see it. It is a matter of how much the different options cost.

Here is the math:

3 450 minute individual plans with UDPs no texts = $210/mo
1 700 minute family share plan with 3 UDPs and no texts = $190/mo

So you pay $20 more per month if you go with the 3 individual plans but of course you get 1350 minutes b/t the 3 lines vs. 700 with the family share.

However, if you move to the 1400 FS for $210/mo for 3 UDP lines, you get 1400 minutes AND 10 F&F.

When you have 2 or more lines, family share plans ALWAYS make sense over individual plans.
Thanks Julesjam

maestroX2

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014

for family share nationwide 700 talk is $69.98 which includes 2 lines. $29.99 each for unlimited data. The third line will be $9.99 access fee and $29.99 unlimited data.

----------

I guess tomorrow holding time for Analyst Review will be longer than usual tomorrow with all the troops going out.

K43kf0

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
for family share nationwide 700 talk is $69.98 which includes 2 lines. $29.99 each for unlimited data. The third line will be $9.99 access fee and $29.99 unlimited data.

----------

I guess tomorrow holding time for Analyst Review will be longer than usual tomorrow with all the troops going out.

The first two lines don't have access fees of $9.99 each?

maestroX2

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
Tell him to file an inactive pricing request to get it back. If they won't give it back to him, tell him they have to let him out of the contract w/o an etf.

He did manage to get the unlimited data plan back. Don't know what he did. Glad he able to solve it without my help.

----------

The first two lines don't have access fees of $9.99 each?

No. It's already included in the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.