pay $100 extra for 32 GB iphone4??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rever3nce, Apr 10, 2011.

1. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

i have had my iphone 4 for a while now but make a long story short i had to buy another one and it has been under 30 days. should i return it and pay the extra $100 for 32GB iphone 4? i feel like i use my iphone a lot and was wondering has anyone actually filled up a 16 GB??? most of my use is from apps.

[​IMG]

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

This may depress you but I know someone who has filled 32GB. It's really up to you on whether 32GB is worth it. I would've bought it if I could've afforded it at the time. Right now I'm stuck only syncing half of my music.

3. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Only you can decide. It doesn't look like you use much space right now, so you just have to think of what you might do differently in the future. If you think you want to put a lot more stuff on it, then go for it. If you're just gonna be using it the same way you are right now, you probably don't need to.

4. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

i guess its just that feeling that u can put more crap on your phone. i absolutely love my iphone and the only other phone i would get is the iphone 5. i see paying $100 for 32GB might be good for 2 reasons

1. extra memory for only $100 more
    2. will sell or trade in for more money if i decide i want the iphone 5

5. ann713 macrumors 6502a

If you're gonna load up your entire music collection and have some movies/tv shows on it, then yes. I'm glad I went with the 32gb because I do just that. Only have about 6gb left.

6. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

7. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I have a 32GB and I find that some apps take a lot of room. Navigon for example I think was around 2GB...if you can afford it definitely go with the bigger version.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I have a 32GB and don't regret it. I have about 8-9GB left. I figured $100 extra is worthwhile over the period I keep my phone. I had an 8GB iPod touch prior to my iPhone and never thought I would need more than that - And I don't, but now I just have better options (which I like).

Plus, if you sell your iPhone later, the 32GB will fetch for more than a 16GB would, so in the long run, you aren't paying a full $100 more for twice the space. After you sell it, you might be paying $30-60 for twice the space (32Gb iPhone 3gs sells for 300-320 on ebay ... but a 16GB sells for $250 - 270 on average)

9. Electric turd macrumors member

I have a 32gb and have 7.1 gb left. Like mentioned before, if you have a lot of music/movies its worth it. But in the end you have to decide

10. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

I wish I had a 64G option!

11. tnisatard macrumors 6502

I bought a 16GB and I am happy with it. I have 2GB freed up, and if I ever reached my Max. I figure why not delete some songs and save myself $100. But everyone has a different situation.

12. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

My 16GB 3GS has been full for about a year and the very minimum I would get these days is 32. Whether or not you need that much depends entirely on how much you're using now and how much you will be using in the next year.

13. zipster macrumors 6502

I bought the 16GB and I haven't filled it up. I have a ton of pics and apps, too.

I conserve space by only syncing a few playlists onto my phone. I have an iPod classic for the rest of my music.

14. EddyP macrumors 6502

I have a 32 3GS and it's full. I have a 64GB iPad that I can also easily fill (wife owns it now).

Videos. Videos. Videos.

Once I got hooked on ripping DVDs (and buying them on itunes) the space was gone. Heck, the 320GB in on my computer is gone because of that too. I have to keep a portable hard drive to keep it all on.

I could probably live just fine with a 16GB. I just wouldn't have as many movie options when I travel. :) I'll probably get the smallest iPhone 5 (if and when it exists) just because I have the iPad now. Then I'll have to take the iPad back from my wife though.

15. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

based on the rate my music collection expands at, I need a bump every year. So I went from 8gb iPhone to 16gb 3G to 32gb 3GS (all full by the end of their year). When the iPhone 4 only went up to 32 I hit a stone wall and had to stop syncing everything. It depends on the rate at which your collection expands is what I'm saying I guess

16. s.hasan546 macrumors 6502

16 gb iphone 4 here. I have about a almost 100 gb of music and over 1 TB of movies and TV shows on all my externals. However, i only listen to about 2-3 gb's worth of music (2 GB on my ipod shuffle for the gym).

i have a 64 gb ipad 2 that i put all the tv shows n movies that i want to watch. even than its not enough. For me its useless to have a 32 gb iphone. Im never gonna watch anything on it.

Save your $100 and put it towards the ipad!

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

You seem to have a bunch of free space. If you don't have a lot of media(like music and vidoe) and don't see yourself getting a lot anytime soon, 10GB should be good for apps. While iMovie and Gargeband like apps sized around 1GB, most apps are much smaller.

But if you have the money and want to be on the safe side, go for it!

18. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

It's only $100. It is better to have extra space available if and when you need it. :apple:

19. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Same here!

DITTO!!!!

20. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I have a 16GB iPhone 4, and currently have 1.2GB of space left with the bulk of memory occupied by apps.

Personally, however, I wouldn't pay $100 more for an extra 16GB of memory on essentially the same hardware....you could buy a 16GB SD card for under $30. I've simply learned to conserve space on my phone and sync only what I think I need at the current.

-C

Sent from my iPad

21. maliu macrumors 6502a

I bought a 32g iPhone and a 64g iPad. Why? Because up until now in order to get what I wanted I couldn't afford anything but the minimum configuration. I have loved every Apple product I've purchased, but in the long run I always wished I had gone for something that had more memory, a bigger hard drive. So my advice is, if you can afford it and plan on keeping it as long as I do (I don't need the newest and fastest and hang onto my devices until I need something they can't do) get the 32g.

22. rever3nce thread starter macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

def think im gonna do it . may have to wait till next check but im 80% sure that i can do it :D

23. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I will always go for the largest size. You never know what you'll need the space for and also having an HD class camera needs space when taking those precious memories.

24. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I did the same. If there was a 64g iPhone 4, I probably would have bought it.

25. SharepointGuy macrumors member

SharepointGuy

+1. For the miniscule price of $100 i would love to have the security that if I needed the space, it was there as opposed to using up all 16 GB and then regretting not buying the larger version. Resale value is also a nice incentive.