PB Shipping Woes?

geoffism

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
185
0
NYC
Is anyone else having nightmare issues with the shipping of their new Powerbook?

Ordered 15" BTO on Jan 31st, 10 a.m. ET
100G HD
128 Vcard
1G Ram

Originally said 2/7, now says 2/23 (as in ship date).
 

victor_patv

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2004
36
0
Ontario Canada
Nothing that major but,

All my accessories (Bt mouse & keyboard, extra battery, cords) are shipping through Same Day Right Away (Canada) are untraceable and coming at an undecided time even though they shipped on the 2nd.
My FedEx tracking# for my PB actually comes up as leaving China, so my lesson is get on the phone and ask for FedEx.
Hopefully everything works out for you.
 

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
1,613
0
even though i dont have a new pb on order (i wish i did!) but when i got mine it was a right pain. it was delayed several times (put back by about 3 weeks in total) and then when it shipped it looked like it went half the way around the world and back (i think it visited 5 counties in europe!) till they finally decided to give it to me!
 

geoffism

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
185
0
NYC
I'm litterally ready to beg & plead with the Apple PB chefs!

I didn't have this problem with the first one.

Should I change my configuration?
 

mcl

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
154
0
VideoShooter said:
My 17" BTO HAS BEEN DELAYED!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!

Orinigally it was supposed to ship on or before 2/7/05

IT WAS CANCELLED YESTERDAY!

And then shipping was updated to on or before 2/17/05.

This is seriously annoying.

Send me my G0Sh darn p0werb00k Steve, or I'll drive by Infinite Loop and throw poo at your employees.

Seriously, I'm 10 minutes away. And I can find fecal matter.

Heh. I'm about 15 mins from 1 Infinite Loop myself.

I ordered a 17" stock last night, and it's also scheduled to ship on 2/17. I think they're just waiting on more inventory.
 

dxm113

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2005
99
0
"Originally said 2/7, now says 2/23 (as in ship date)."



ordered my 15" BTO (only upgrade was 128 VRAM) on 2/3

apple online store still says it'll ship by 2/10 (as of this moment)

. . . hope my PB doesn't suffer the same fate!
 

AdmittedPCuser

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
48
0
victor_patv said:
All my accessories (Bt mouse & keyboard, extra battery, cords) are shipping through Same Day Right Away (Canada) are untraceable and coming at an undecided time even though they shipped on the 2nd.
My FedEx tracking# for my PB actually comes up as leaving China, so my lesson is get on the phone and ask for FedEx.
Hopefully everything works out for you.
I ordered my new powerbook as well and the AppleCare shipped via Sameday in Canada. Sameday wont have tracking information on the delivery until it hits Canada and by that point you usually get it the next day... good thing they don't ship the notebooks via sameday to Canada.
 

carpet

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2005
60
0
VideoShooter said:
My 17" BTO HAS BEEN DELAYED!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!

Orinigally it was supposed to ship on or before 2/7/05

IT WAS CANCELLED YESTERDAY!

And then shipping was updated to on or before 2/17/05.

This is seriously annoying.

Send me my G0Sh darn p0werb00k Steve, or I'll drive by Infinite Loop and throw poo at your employees.

Seriously, I'm 10 minutes away. And I can find fecal matter.
Why didnt you just buy the 17 in the store?
 

evilernie

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2005
306
0
Amazon

Just checked out Amazon to see when they might ship the 17".

April 15th! :eek:

I'm heading to the Apple store this weekend, it might be worth paying the tax to just have the thing now... :D
 

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
468
0
carpet said:
Why didnt you just buy the 17 in the store?
When a machine is "BTO," it means it is customized (for example, bigger hard drive, more VRAM, etc). Stores only sell stock models.
 

mcl

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
154
0
carpet said:
Why didnt you just buy the 17 in the store?
None of the Apple Stores in the SF Bay area have them yet.


But, HOLY CRAP! I just checked my order status (I've been obsessively doing so every 10 minutes since ordering the thing yesterday), and....















...IT SHIPPED! WOOT! *BOUNCE*
 

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
919
0
geoffism said:
Is anyone else having nightmare issues with the shipping of their new Powerbook?

Ordered 15" BTO on Jan 31st, 10 a.m. ET
100G HD
128 Vcard
1G Ram

Originally said 2/7, now says 2/23 (as in ship date).
My order was a stock 15" 1.67 Superdrive. Originally said 2/7 and was changed to 2/23 yesterday. I canceled and went to the Apple Store today. Tying on it as we speak. Sweet...
 

mcl

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
154
0
Ok, apparently I'm going to be saying "holy crap!" quite a bit tonight.

I just got the confirmation of shipping from Apple, with a tracking number.

It's not being shipped from China, but from Sacramento, CA! And it's scheduled to be delivered TOMORROW!!!


*sound of jaw hitting floor*


I smell a sick day at work tomorrow...
 

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
761
0
West Monroe, Louisiana
is the mini having similar problems BTO? If so i may be more skeptical about purchasing one right away... Cause if i were y'all i'd be pissed off too BTW...
 

victor_patv

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2004
36
0
Ontario Canada
I Spoke too Soon!!!

FedEx said my PB had gotten to Alaska from China and passed through it's sorting centre, but now FedEx claims there has been a delay beyond their control and it say's it's shipping from China again (back at the first stage).
What's going on? Did they lie/make a mistake? or Break it and have to ship another one?
Fed Ex and their tracking system has always been good in the past, but this is weird.
 

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
3,809
0
oh man, you guys are such noobs .... the international time zones confuse the fedex system ... thats all there is too it. I've gotten machines overnight from Taiwan, as I said in the other thread ... relllllax
 

Zazette

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
18
0
Canada
WTF!?!?

I can't believe what is happening to me!!! I ordered a Powerbook 17" not BTO on the 01/31/2005 and it was due to ship on or before 02/08/2005. This morning I checked the status and it's now on or before 03/03/2005!!!!

I am such in pain. How come some of you have ordered their PB after me and already got it!! I ordered my PB the day it was introduced. Isn't the shipping like first arrived, first served??? OMG it hurts... What can I do?
 

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
1,985
15
Penryn
Mine, 12" extra ram, shipped on Sunday from Shanghai via UPS and the last update was a departure scan in Anchorage at 23:09 on Sunday with a delivery date of 8 Feb. (Yesterday) Today it's showing the same info. Not good considering it hasn't been updated in 36 hours.
 

Zazette

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
18
0
Canada
mcl said:
Ok, apparently I'm going to be saying "holy crap!" quite a bit tonight.

I just got the confirmation of shipping from Apple, with a tracking number.

It's not being shipped from China, but from Sacramento, CA! And it's scheduled to be delivered TOMORROW!!!


*sound of jaw hitting floor*


I smell a sick day at work tomorrow...
I hate you... :eek:

Hey nothing personal here but it is so unfair!
 

bcharm

macrumors member
May 7, 2003
44
0
New York
According to the UPS website, my 12" PowerBook w/Superdrive departed Anchorage at 5:20pm on Sunday, but hasn't had any new tracking information since then. I called up UPS at 1-800-742-5877, gave my tracking number, got transferred to the international shipping branch, and found out that my first PowerBook should be arriving tomorrow. :D
 

geoffism

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
185
0
NYC
Zazette said:
I ordered my PB the day it was introduced. Isn't the shipping like first arrived, first served??? OMG it hurts... What can I do?
I'm right there with you. I sent a couple emails trying to find out, just to put my mind at ease, and I got the exact same response both times (obviously canned answers) - "due to unforseen manufacturing delays".

My only gripe here, is that a couple buddies of mine ordered the exact same config - 15"/BTO/SD/100G/1G/128 - and got theirs on monday.

So when I called apple, to find out if I needed to change my configuration, just to get it faster, and offered up the "break your order up and it might get faster". With that being said, I will receive my AppleCare & Spare Battery on friday. They will occupy a space on my desk for approximately 2 weeks before I get my PB.

Great suggestion Apple. ;) Now, those parts will be taunting me.
 

mcl

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
154
0
Zazette said:
I hate you... :eek:

Hey nothing personal here but it is so unfair!
Don't feel bad for it. I think it's completely unfair too. If I was in your shoes, I'd be majorly P.O.'d!