Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
I'm looking for a program that can take a folder of images and spit out a contact sheet in PDF form.
Showing the pictures and (at least) their file names. Being able to configure the amounts of pics per page would be a plus.
(I've found a program called "PDF Photo Gallery" but it doesn't do file names :( )
Can anyone help? (While I'm looking for a Mac app.. if someone knows a window or linux one, I'll take it if nothing else.)

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Another vote for GraphicConverter which can of course do that (and muuuuch more :) ) .

Or you use Automator, which comes with macOS:
  • Launch Automator and from the File menu choose “New”
  • Choose “Service” from that new menu.
  • Look under the “Library” column on the side and select “Photos”, then in the next column find “New PDF Contact Sheet” and double-click it to add to the new service.
  • At the top, look for “Service receives selected:” and choose ‘image files’.
  • Set the Contact Sheet customizations under “New PDF Contact Sheet”, including where to default to saving the file to (~/Desktop is the default), the Paper size, and how many columns will be shown.
  • When satisfied with the customizations, go to File then “Save” and give the automator service a name like e.g. “Make Contact Sheet”.
Go, select any group of images e.g. in the Finder and choose “Make Contact Sheet” from the Services-menu (or via mouse/track pad pop up-menu).

Reactions: KaliYoni
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.