People Are Never Happy!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TrenttonY, Oct 8, 2013.

1. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

People complained how iOS 6 was simple, boring, horrible multitasking.

Now people are complaining about battery in iOS 7? Really? It will use more battery!!! Full multitasking, transparency, others. Okay maybe Apple can fix a little of the battery drain but what do you expect?

What would you like? iOS 6 or 7?

2. alexxmac macrumors newbie

I actually find IOS 7 great. Haven't had a single issue with it. I ran the beta and now the full version and still all good.

3. TrenttonY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do people not realize that Apple completely rewrote iOS in a few months? Give them a break

4. alexxmac macrumors newbie

Yeah I think it runs great. A lot of people have found problems but I'm sure taking it to apple or contacting support can fix most of the issues.

5. zedzded macrumors regular

I don't expect a new model that is being labelled as ingenious, breathtaking, innovative, revolutionary etc etc ad nauseum to have such a crap battery life, even with virtually every single feature and function turned off. It's really poor. They should have upgraded the battery, plain and simple.

6. alexxmac macrumors newbie

Thats weird because I use my iPhone quite a bit during the day for calls and I normally around 60% when I finish work which I think is pretty good.

7. kaielement macrumors 65816

People complained that iOS was boing and that it needed a refresh it got one then pople complained they didn't like the look and wanted the old look. No pleasing it is what it is. Personly I love iOS 7 use it on iPad and iPhone. No problems.

8. zedzded macrumors regular

You're probably in the minority. Even the Apple fanboy reviewers who write gushingly sycophantic reviews about any product that begins with an 'i' are admitting the battery life is poor. I like my 5S, it has a great camera and I love IOS7, but pretending it's battery life is great is a bit silly. It's a bit like someone claiming their 1980s Lada is a great, reliable car,

9. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Battery enhancement usually doesn't come in a .0 release. Expect battery life to be improved in subsequent 7.0.x updates or the 7.1.

10. alexxmac macrumors newbie

Most things when they first get released are always going to experience some sorta issue. I'm sure the battery issue will get fixed as haruhiko said in a future update.

11. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

My battery life is better than iOS 7 on my wife's I5. When we go to bed at night I typically have 20% more charge than her. Our usage is very similar. I'm happy.

12. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Purple will always complain when there is no choice. On Android or other open platforms people will change things to fits their needs. Don't like how it looks? Change the theme. Don't like the default application, change it. Feel the OS way to laggy? Change the different ROM with lesser stuffs.

When there is no option to change or choice. There will always people complain, because there is no single solution fit for all. When you give people potion or choice, people will find things right for themselves.

13. TennisandMusic

No they didn't. That's not how software works.

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I like ios7, I like it very much.
    But the battery drain is a real issue for my iPhone 5 since I can't reach the end of my day, like I used to do with iOS 6.

I tried to disable almost everything, but the difference is near ZERO, so I leave everything on (I switched off just Siri like on iOS 6, and automatic app updates). It's difficult to reach 5 hrs usage time ...

15. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Every ios has its pros and cons and there will be people liking/disliking it

16. joshdammit macrumors 6502

So he's lying about his battery life because "the Apple fanboy reviewers" (whoemver they are) said otherwise?

17. Impuls3101 macrumors member

I would like to be able to choose if I want iOS 6 or iOS 7. Whats wrong with allowing me to downgrade after I realize iOS 7 is not for me. Is transparency really a feature people are looking for ? How about the stupid waste of processing power with the overly done transitions and parallax.

If you are happy and like iOS 7 great but allow others to voice what they don't like about it because its not for everyone. People have different tastes.

18. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

I like it. It has a few bugs but I don't mind, they'll get fixed soon I'm sure..

19. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Background downloads. Control Centre. A modern design. What's not to like?

[​IMG]

20. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

There is no multitasking on apple idevices.
    You can do only one thing at a time.
    Multi window is the only true multitasking.

21. Macalway macrumors 68000

Oh please, why don't you give 'people' a break.

I like it, but only after an initial shock in the eye sockets. Eventually, you grow used to (for whatever reason, and I'm actually afraid to speculate )

Functionally it's fine but there are some awfuly strange graphics.

Like the Calendar? It's like they overcompensated away from the skew crap to the point where there is nothing but empty space, so if your schedule is uneventful it's very lonely... out there in space

But it's just colors so you get used to it pretty quick if you are forced to stare at it like I am :)

22. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

There is no multitasking on apple idevices.
    You can do only one thing at a time.
    Multi window is the only true multitasking.

I am happy. I only get mad when iOS 7 reminds me of its own faults created by Apple at one infinite loop.

23. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I love iOS 7. Much needed update.

Battery is shaky, but I don't mind as I'm always near a charger.

Calendar and Music are pretty bad, but I don't mind. I'm gonna get on with my day.

24. kingalexthe1st macrumors 6502

kingalexthe1st

I love the new look of iOS7, and all the little new animations are cool. It's a year late; it should have been pushed out with the iPhone5 IMO. Scott Forstall epically failed on that one. But there are plenty of things that still totally wind me up about iOS which could have been addressed in this update but weren't. Such as:

1. STILL can't add attachment to an email, or reply with one. Come ON, Apple, this is basic and necessary stuff for a lot of people.
    2. Airdrop with another iOS device is great. So why can't I Airdrop to/from my Mac? Same name, and yet incompatible.
    3. In the Music app, 'repeat all' is now dependant on whether you're in artists or albums etc. This is just plain annoying.

The list goes on. Each thing is just a little annoyance, but they add up. You could say I'm never happy, but I just want these little things fixed and I'll scowl a little less every time I open up pictures, and my email, and my music, and....

Alex