Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snowcat001

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
This is no longer funny. Shut these guys down already, kick 'm in the nuts. This is unheard of.

Xarthan

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I hope this dude gets arrested, obviously he's stealing these items to post. It's great that we learn it ahead of release date, but c'mon.

kironin

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2004
Texas
Yawn, just looks like old stuff.

This appears really just an attempt to garner some free advertising at the end, which MR obliged.

Flyinsquirrel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2009
Minnesota, US
I'm amused at the Cherios box for the serial number.

/irrelevant

Seriously though, It's ironic that I come here for the "news before the news" so to speak but am now getting disappointed at all the leaks.

The human brain is sexy.

PandaOnslaught

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
this is great news! my 160gb classsic is starting to act up so was going to one of these shortly. if the new ones come out sooner the better! *crosses fingers for over 100gb storage* :):):)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I hope this dude gets arrested, obviously he's stealing these items to post. It's great that we learn it ahead of release date, but c'mon.

This is no longer funny. Shut these guys down already, kick 'm in the nuts. This is unheard of.

It looks like Vietnam has blown future Apple contracts, this is atrocious.

May I suggest you stop visiting Macrumors and maybe set up Macreleased.com?

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm actually going to believe this!:eek:

If the macbook was real.....
\
and the iPhone prototype was the same one as the lost one in the norcal bar....

then this iPod Touch seems 99.98% legit to me:rolleyes:

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
So only a few more months until Vietnam shows us the new iPad with front facing camera? (I'm only half kidding).

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
I have NEVER had even ONE iPod hard drive fail on me - ever. And I've owned every model and use them a LOT. I even have given away my old ones and I still don't think any of them have failed hard drives.

Tony

My 3rd Generation iPod died about 3 weeks after warranty expired.

Turned me off buying iPod's and I haven't bought one since.

s.

fabianjj

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2007
I for one still want EXTREME high capacity in my portable device - whether that be an iPod or iPhone, or preferably both. There is a LOT of media that I want to play (and don;t want to "maintain" in the device on a daily basis), and most is coming at higher and higher quality, which exponentially takes up more room on the device. And even games and other apps are becoming much higher in storage needs.

Unfortunately, over the last year, NAND flash memory has remained very high priced for larger capacity modules, so at this time, a HD is really the only thing that's POSSIBLE at a reasonable price point for capacities over 128GB. I'm not sure that prices of 64GB NAND flash module will even allow a 64GB iPhone or 128GB iPod Touch this year.

I don't necessarily care about whether the storage medium is flash or an HD, I just want high capacity. The iPod Classic is 160GB and even that is not enough. I'm not sure what the short term solution is for Apple, though, especially since we all know they are dying to get rid of the Classic. But unless they can match the current 160GB Classic, I hope they don't discontinue it.

Maybe a solution is to put more NAND flash SLOTS in the device so that they can use the much lower priced 32GB modules, but that's probably not feasible given the extremely thin profile that Apple seems (inflexibly) devoted to.

Tony

I think I would like it if Apple would just let the touch get a bit fatter (almost iPhone size) and put twice as much memory as there already is in there. That would be unlikely though as Apple really wants the touch slim, and it would probably cannibalize iPhone sales

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
I'm thinking the same thing... Probably right under his (Jobs') nose in Cupertino.
:mad:
You don't think the proximity to China has anything to do with it, then?

_41250728_china_vietnam_map203.gif

They are neighboring countries. The Foxconn manufacturing complex is located in Longhua in the south of China.

I would suspect some sort of border running operation here. Going via Cupertino seems like the long way around, doesn't it?

fox777

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
USA
lol; i guess now they will definitely find out who sold this prototype since idiots at tinhe did not white out any product # and IDs... such a morons..

sportsfan

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
For those complaining about the camera

Perhaps Steve kept the camera off the itouch and ipad due to the lawsuit with Kodak?

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Don't people actually read the article. The serial numbers show it was a prototype from last year's 3rd gen touch. All as it proves is that a camera could have fit in the 3rd gen touch and that it was probably removed for marketing reasons (as Steve Jobs said after the 3rd gen was released).

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Why isn't apple doing anything about these leaks?
Who says they aren't?

Their most likely course of action would be to change internal procedures as well as those of their manufacturing partners. Those changes wouldn't be revealed to the general public.

I'm not convinced there is much they can do once the leak has happened. The Gizmodo-reported iPhone prototype was an exception, but in most cases, it's probably not worth the time, effort, and money.

In this instance, they would probably say, "We prototype many designs that never make it to the market. This is one."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.