Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Photos of Snow Leopard Disc and Retail Packaging?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

MacRumors has received a set of images claimed to be the retail packaging and disc for Apple's forthcoming Mac OS X Snow Leopard. If the images, which appear to depict the Portuguese version of Snow Leopard, are in fact authentic, it would mean that Snow Leopard discs are already in mass production.

Multiple sources claimed earlier this week that Build 10A432 had been designated "Golden Master", meaning that it was considered the final version to be sent to manufacturing for public release. Several sources have also claimed that Apple may be releasing Snow Leopard as early as Friday, August 28th, ahead of Apple's previously-announced September launch window.

Article Link: Photos of Snow Leopard Disc and Retail Packaging?

easy4lif

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2005
Southbay CA
more and more, I'm convinced that snow leopard is coming out early. I'm willing to bet Apple Releases Snow Leopard first, with places like amazon getting theirs in sept.

Comment

Gugalpm

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
Nice.

I'm sending my form this monday to get the discount here in Brazil.

I couldn't read much, but it seems the Brazilian Portuguese version.

Comment

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
It's kind of cool and different compared to Apple's previous OS X packaging. Here is to hoping it comes out sooner than we think!

By the way, what is the default wallpaper in Snow Leopard?

Comment

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
Looks real, but it's bad. There's no artistry to it, it's just a leopard with a title. It looks like what the beta disc should have looked like, and the final disc should have had the starfield and the giant X.

Comment

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
I think this'll go down like the '09 Mac mini: First pics, then video, then it's on shelves in around a week or two. Maybe it's the same person?

Comment

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Hmm... interesting. I love the fresh new coat. A welcome change! The old box art was looking too much like 10.5. Bring on the new cat. :cool:

Comment

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
I actually like the box *and* the box image. I think it is artistic, beautiful in its simplicity and clarity, and from an advertising standpoint I think that box cover would be plenty capable of drawing attention from someone walking past. Definitely looks legit, too.

I'm looking forward more to this OS X upgrade than nearly any before!

Comment

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Love the look. It's a refreshing departure from the "X" theme.

A photo of one of nature's most beautiful creatures in a minimalist setting. Nicely done. Less is more.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.