Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsAreBetter\

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
Hey dudes,

I've just ordered a blue Apple shirt; going into the retail store in my area on the weekend to simply, pick up girls. So I dedicate this thread to Apple products, being a genius, and their sex-appeal.

My store is super-busy on weekends so they won't even notice me slip in. Teenagers always come to the store to access their FB.

What do you guys think? Any dangers? I mean, they can't kick me out, right?

rkmac

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
JAFA, New Zealand
Really?.... really?
this has got to be the strangest way I have ever seen someone trying to "pick up girls".

However, I suspect you will be found out very quickly when I customer has a problem and you can't actually help them because you dont work there.

I also feel like I should be giving you tips on how to pick up girls because this is so very desperate, but I can't be bothered.

Best of luck to you :rolleyes:

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Hmmmmm.... pretending to be someone else to pick up girls, teenage girls at that. Very creepy, most likely illegal in some way.. hopefully.

To be honest this thread worries me.

torbjoern

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
The Black Lodge
Hmmmmm.... pretending to be someone else to pick up girls, teenage girls at that. Very creepy, most likely illegal in some way.. hopefully.

We know nothing about OP's age, do we? If he's not a teenager, he could be as young as 20. The pick-up-project will more naive than creepy if this is the case.

Other than that, I refuse to believe that OP is serious on this matter. OTIO.

coupdetat

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
This idea is really creepy. Just get a good book and hang out at a park or cafe. And don't be overly aggressive because most people are turned off by being actively hit on. Just focus on what you're doing until you are in a convenient situation.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Pro tip: don't assume all retail workers in Apple "uniforms" are sexy.

I think you sound creepy OP but that's just me. If you think a t-shirt is going to work for you then great. I tend to see the blue shirts and walk away because I know I'll be met with an unhelpful and probably arrogant hipster that is ready to tell me my issue is not covered under Apple Care. :p

I'm sort of kidding, but definitely not about the OP being creepy.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Are you trolling or creepy:)

The same question occurred to me.

If I was a shop manager and someone turned up impersonating one of my staff in order to harass my teenage customers, I'd think a kicking out would be in order.

Just saying, like.

Amen to that; absolutely, truly and completely.

Agreed. I wonder whether the OP has cottoned on to the fact that the adjective most used by other posters when describing his planned activity is "creepy"? An adjective with which I find myself in total agreement, by the way. This is unpleasant, unnerving, and downright creepy behaviour. Actually, it is quite horrible, and rather disgusting.

Not only "will" they kick you out, I sincerely hope that they do so.

This idea is really creepy. Just get a good book and hang out at a park or cafe. And don't be overly aggressive because most people are turned off by being actively hit on. Just focus on what you're doing until you are in a convenient situation.

An excellent suggestion on how to behave in a normal, sane, and unthreatening manner; moreover, this way, you might, just might, possibly hope to achieve a similar result.

Yes, they will kick your ass out. I hope they do it loudly.

Oh, yes. Again, I agree. Completely.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
fake-apple-store-china-1.jpg

Daffodil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
In a sunny state of mind
Just to re-emphasize what others have said, this is incredibly creepy.

I'm a girl in my early twenties, and if someone started hitting on me when I went to the Apple store to get something, I'd be really put off. I imagine some young teens might be flattered by the attention, but OP, please don't do this... Ick.

KOZOK

macrumors member
May 2, 2011
The opposite of this happens to me when I go into an apple store.. the girls who work there inevitably come up and start flirting with me. Maybe they're fake employees cruising for strange like the OP. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.