Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Rounding turn 8 at Thunderhill at a rainy event last weekend.

GBMC6500-resized.JPG

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
Why are we seeing a reposting of cars already in the 2016 thread ... let's see something new ... geez.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Why are we seeing a reposting of cars already in the 2016 thread ... let's see something new ... geez.

Both of the photos I posted this week were taken in 2017. And since my car is a 2015 model and I don't plan on buying a new or second car this year, you may see yet more photos of it before the year is out.

And, since this is a photo thread and not a conversation thread (I eventually got around the M4 in front of me):
GBMC4032-resized.JPG

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
My money pit '06 330i parked at my favorite trail running destination.

She took $2000 from me in Q4 last year for various maintenance like shocks/struts, rear tyres, valve cover gasket, oil change, water pump/thermostat, & alignment. Luckily a majority of that was DIY.

IMG_0305.JPG

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Both of the photos I posted this week were taken in 2017. And since my car is a 2015 model and I don't plan on buying a new or second car this year, you may see yet more photos of it before the year is out.

And, since this is a photo thread and not a conversation thread (I eventually got around the M4 in front of me):
View attachment 683442

That's an amazing pic, love the DOF/focus with your car in the middle.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
That's an amazing pic, love the DOF/focus with your car in the middle.

The photographer who works the Northern California tracks is both experienced and talented. His commercial web site is www.gotbluemilk.com. He didn't provide EXIF info in the file, but he probably shot this photo with a 400/2.8 lens on a full frame body with the aperture wide open or close to it. The degree of subject isolation you get with that sort of gear is impressive.

itsLouieV

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Nice Camaro, is it the 3.6 or 2.0T?

Getting ready to order a SS in about a month.

Thanks, Its a 3.6. I was stuck between barebones 1SS or a fully loaded 2LT/RS, and then I found out the 2LT/RS had a yellow tag, so I save about $10,000. This purchase was the first time I didn't haggle on price, they gave me more then what I thought was fair, and REALLY took care of me on the trade in.

Some advice, Look for Red-tag cars. There might still be some out there, I've seen a few peeps on the camaro6 forums get a 2SS for about $30K... Even if its out of state, do your homework, see if you can find anything and have it shipped to you if you get a good red-tag.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Thanks, Its a 3.6. I was stuck between barebones 1SS or a fully loaded 2LT/RS, and then I found out the 2LT/RS had a yellow tag, so I save about $10,000. This purchase was the first time I didn't haggle on price, they gave me more then what I thought was fair, and REALLY took care of me on the trade in.

Some advice, Look for Red-tag cars. There might still be some out there, I've seen a few peeps on the camaro6 forums get a 2SS for about $30K... Even if its out of state, do your homework, see if you can find anything and have it shipped to you if you get a good red-tag.

Nice!

I am very particular on my cars. I don't want to buy a car that has been sitting on the lot, not being washed, maintained, etc for months( the vehicles dealers tend to put the tags on). I also don't want a sunroof which most dealers seem to be putting on 2SS's. I fully intend to order my Camaro exactly the way I want it and be the only one to drive it. I will also be requesting the dealer not to put their dealer badge on the trunk( license plate frame is fine) and not to drill holes in the front bumper as I intend to pick up the license plate holder from ZL1addons that goes into the tow hook receiver.

Only thing I am still debating over is the color. Hyper Blue, nightfall gray, or mosaic black. :)

itsLouieV

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Nice!

I am very particular on my cars. I don't want to buy a car that has been sitting on the lot, not being washed, maintained, etc for months( the vehicles dealers tend to put the tags on). I also don't want a sunroof which most dealers seem to be putting on 2SS's. I fully intend to order my Camaro exactly the way I want it and be the only one to drive it. I will also be requesting the dealer not to put their dealer badge on the trunk( license plate frame is fine) and not to drill holes in the front bumper as I intend to pick up the license plate holder from ZL1addons that goes into the tow hook receiver.

Only thing I am still debating over is the color. Hyper Blue, nightfall gray, or mosaic black. :)
definitely go hyper blue

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
definitely go hyper blue

Only thing holding me back right now is the fact this will be a long term car and I do want to blend in as much as possible( to avoid the idiots trying to street race, etc). I am sort of afraid of if in 5 years I will start to dislike hyper blue as tastes will probably change. I love it now, but will I love it in 5 years? I am also starting to sour on black cars due to the upkeep needed to keep them looking good. So I am leaning nightfall gray.

Reactions: spencers

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
The photographer who works the Northern California tracks is both experienced and talented. His commercial web site is www.gotbluemilk.com. He didn't provide EXIF info in the file, but he probably shot this photo with a 400/2.8 lens on a full frame body with the aperture wide open or close to it. The degree of subject isolation you get with that sort of gear is impressive.

Very cool. I've been to a few events where there was a pro photographer (who typically had some good experience with motorsports) and some of the shots are just astounding.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
You mean when it turned into the pit lane :D *shots fired* just kidding, on wet i really think the R has good chances, also depending on the driver though

Actually, the driver is a living example of that joke about BMW's and porcupines. He finally let me pass after I spent a lap trailing him closely while he was shown the passing flag a couple of times, and finally after I flashed my brights at him. My lap time dropped by 6 seconds after I got around him. Here's some video of the laps in question:

Fwiw, depending on the other driver, I do pretty well against any M car in the dry too. Unless the thing is caged and on r-comps, in which case my little grocery getter probably won't stand a chance.

Cliff is a former BMW owner :D

Yep. I was going to keep the 330 but even with all its mods it was slower than the R. And then I started modding the R...

Reactions: D.T.

Hawkeye16

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Iowa
Only thing holding me back right now is the fact this will be a long term car and I do want to blend in as much as possible( to avoid the idiots trying to street race, etc). I am sort of afraid of if in 5 years I will start to dislike hyper blue as tastes will probably change. I love it now, but will I love it in 5 years? I am also starting to sour on black cars due to the upkeep needed to keep them looking good. So I am leaning nightfall gray.

From my experience, once I own something I love, I never fall out of love with it. You may change perception and what you like if you have no attachment to it, but if you get the color you love now that probably won't change.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
From my experience, once I own something I love, I never fall out of love with it. You may change perception and what you like if you have no attachment to it, but if you get the color you love now that probably won't change.

And that is the confidence that may get me into hyper blue. My Saturn Aura has the morocco brown interior and even after 10 years I still love it.

I do love all three colors I am considering and won't feel like I am compromising on either one. I do prefer dark colored vehicles, but damn that hyper blue is gorgeous on the Camaro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.