Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Well I'm a detailer by trade but nah, this was good old soap and water here. Though I did get a new mitt, and chamois...Good quality degreaser and tire shine can go a long way.
What soap/degreaser did you use?

crispApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2015
Wisconsin
IMG_2859.JPG

Reactions: cwwilson

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
What do you mean it's not as reliable? Mechanical issues?

Yes. Last year it was new driveshafts (twice because the first replacement set was somehow defective) and yet another supercharger pulley replacement. On top of that I've had an intermittent CEL for no apparent reason (code = generic misfire but car's running great) for months and now I've got a weird stumble when starting if it's below 50 degrees. Very annoying. It's approaching 190,000 miles and is 23 years old, I guess I shouldn't whine but I'm accustomed to better.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yes. Last year it was new driveshafts (twice because the first replacement set was somehow defective) and yet another supercharger pulley replacement. On top of that I've had an intermittent CEL for no apparent reason (code = generic misfire but car's running great) for months and now I've got a weird stumble when starting if it's below 50 degrees. Very annoying. It's approaching 190,000 miles and is 23 years old, I guess I shouldn't whine but I'm accustomed to better.

Those are definitely some serious issues and costly at that. 190,000 is Extensive mileage. Do you plan on selling or keeping it?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

Ooops, I over-estimated your mileage (above)! I couldn't remember when you said it had 175K, so I just added an arbitrary amount of extra mileage,

Yeah, the same thing happened with my Supra, mechanical parts were starting to wear out a bit, bushings, little electrical annoyances, "touch parts" looking dull ... and that was even with many things having been replaced with aftermarket (turbo, driveshaft, lots of suspension, brakes, etc.) I mean, it still ran pretty great, but you start getting a worry in the back of your head about when you'll need a full rebuild, or some issue you can't track down.

That being said, the same can happen with a much newer, out-of-warranty car too, and it wouldn't have the exclusivity and historical value of an NSX.

bokkow

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
The Netherlands
A shameless repost out of the Picture of Your Car (2016) thread. I didn't pay attention and posted there last week, sunday.

"Washed my car today as per usual in the weekend, the sun was out and the weather was perfect to go and take some pictures:"

Wy420Bd.jpg

rJdqAsl.jpg

vz5B8fn.jpg

TiAhYF7.jpg

2zFYiOQ.jpg

MUxGizn.jpg

1BGuW9w.jpg

BibZuXT.jpg

Shot with 6S, filters from Photos

That looks fun. Wish we got this in the states.

Thanks Arggg14, yeah, weird that VW decided not to.. However, it is discontinued in the Netherlands since 2013 as well. (Dutch people rather bought the more practical and less expensive Golf which meant that the Scirocco didn't sell enough.)

This. Too small for me much of the time, but it looks like such a fun car.

It is a fun car, handling is great, the DSG transmission is awesome and it has enough power to get places fast :) DSG software has been tuned, considering an engine tune as well in the summer. It is indeed less practical than other cars but it can actually seat 4 persons rather comfortably and the boot has a high entry but is spacious enough.

Love that sirocco. Wish we got it here

also there is a new 2017 thread.

Thanks, didnt see that!

Really dig on this shot, the light and reflection from the yellow wall is fantastic.

Thanks! I did use the "Chrome"-filter to make the colours pop just a bit more.

Rkelc

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
38dba49b6c94934e7180add68a0bab71.jpg

My 2004 Pontiac GTP CompG. Sold it this past fall after owning it for 10 plus years. Sold on Craigslist from CT to MN believe it or not.

Reactions: AustinIllini

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Finally got my ATS back last weekend but the weather was horrible and it was covered in dirt and salt from the roads. Just got it detailed today and took some new pictures. I cannot believe how well portrait mode works on my iPhone 7+.

fullsizeoutput_135c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_135a.jpeg

Wasn't able to get any good pictures of the whole car because it was blocked in by other cars in the drive, but I'm hoping I'll have a chance to take it to the park at some point and grab some more portraits.

Reactions: iHackPro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.