Played with 6S and 6S Plus today...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyCow, Sep 24, 2015.

1. MyCow macrumors member

MyCow

After playing with both phones today, I formed my own thoughts on the limited usage I had with them.

First thing I noticed is that you can definitely notice that they're heavier. It's not very much, but after using my 6 plus, I was definitely able to tell the difference.

Second thing I noticed was the camera. The camera is much improved. I took a picture with my 6 plus right next to the 6S plus, and the clarity improvement is there. Also, the shutter speed is very impressive. It's almost instant. The 4K recording is also very nice, however you can't fully appreciate it since the screen is only 1080P. One thing with the camera/gallery that I wish they added was a way to be able to tell if a photo is live when viewing your gallery. Currently there's no way to tell unless you click on the individual picture. Live photos are very cool, however when scrolling through the pictures, they didnt animate by themselves, which I thought I saw in early reviews. Also when the live photo starts, the quality in the image drops off significantly.

Playing with 3D touch didn't take much to get used to. It felt natural after a couple of minutes. The hardest thing about it, is learning what apps benefit from it and what doesn't. Something I noticed is that there is animation lag on the 6S Plus when using force touch, and it does not exist on the 6S. I don't know what could be causing this. The processor should be powerful enough to push the extra pixels on the 1080P screen, but I can notice the animation difference. To me, its extremely annoying, but I'm also very particular with my phones.

They were both in rose gold by the way.

If anyone has any questions, ask away. I'll be on here for a bit.

EDIT* I have the phones in front of me now, but I cannot post pictures or videos. So if you have questions, I can try to answer it the best I can.

2. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

3. MyCow thread starter macrumors member

MyCow

It's nice. It's not too pink. It's best described as a mature gold.

4. isaihtb11 macrumors regular

How does the phone/aluminum feel in the hand compared to the 6?

5. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Is the animation lag that bad on the 6 plus? I was thinking of switching my 6s to 6s plus but that's something I was worried about.

6. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Some people reported a Plus-lag in the previous generation. Interesting that you're still noticing this

7. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

Does the inside of the AUX jack look exactly the same as before :p

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

Glad I went from the 6 Plus --> 6s. This was one of the reasons why. 6s will always perform better than the 6s Plus. I can't stand the performance of the 6 Plus.

9. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR ALL MY LIFE

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It makes me sad to hear about the lag. I haven't read about this experience from anyone else so far. I've never noticed lag on my current 6 Plus, so I hope the new one will be fine.

11. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

I didn't notice the 3d touch animation lag on the 6s plus that I used.

12. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Mature gold ... what is that?

Never heard the term used before.

13. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Scratch that I just did it again and can see that but it doesn't always happen... Odd. Guessing the guassian blur needs to be turned down a little. Because side by side they perform the same UI wise except that one area. Unlike last gen where it was hugely different.

14. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Granted the demo software could be causing this lag and I can see this being fixed as the rest of the phone is amazingly smooth. If you didn't notice 6 plus lag you won't notice this.

15. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Ugh that lag better not be there with my phone !

16. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502

AppleChic76

Get thee out of my mind. LOL.

17. MyCow thread starter macrumors member

MyCow

It's enough that I noticed it. I'm very anal though lol

18. MyCow thread starter macrumors member

MyCow

I never noticed on my current 6 plus either. But I did with this.

Did you use them both side by side? There's a difference in the animation for 3D touch.

19. MarkZinger macrumors member

This makes me a bit sad. I'm also very anal about the performance of my devices, and I noticed the UI lag on my 6 Plus almost immediately. I really hope when I receive my device tomorrow that it isn't as bad as you make it out to be :(

20. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

Hopefully the lag is something that will be fixed with iOS 9.1. With the upgraded processor and 2 gigs of RAM there should be no performance issues at all.

21. MyCow thread starter macrumors member

MyCow

It's the first description that came to my mind. It looks like rose gold jewelry.

22. batting1000 macrumors 604

I notice lag all over the place on my 6 Plus and all of the models I've used on display in stores, etc. It's there, but it depends on whether or not you can see it.

23. MyCow thread starter macrumors member

MyCow

It's not terrible, but I can certainly notice it. It's basically like the 6S is 120FPS and the 6S P is 60FPS. So its not an insane amount of lag, but I can tell the difference.

I agree.

24. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Used it side by side. This can be fixed easily its just an animation issue. Cause if I press it fast it animates smooth

25. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

I'm incredibly anal and unless I used both side by side I didnt notice. My plus regular lags all over the place. This one is miles smoother.