Please post your battery usage screenshots!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Locoboof, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Well I think I have a defective battery,I see some people on here with 10-11 hours of standby time and I have never gotten that at all. Let me first say I have push,and location services,and 3g off!!! and these are the times I get after a full charge. and yes I did do the batter calibration,yet still bad results.....this is after me using 3g for a little and talking my whole way home.

I think I need to return mine like R-Fly....Just wanted to get a gage of every bodies battery usage so I could see if I should take mine back.....what do you guys and gals think?

I cant even get threw a whole day at work:(

Attached Files:

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

What's your screen brightness usually set to? Do you have push email off? I can easily get through four hours of 3G web browsing with my screen brightness at around 60% (which is brighter than my first-gen at 100%).

3. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I would love to post my screenshot I took today on my way home from work... But I just had to restore my phone and lost my picture. I was at 3.5 Hours usage and 12 hours standby, Half battery still left!

I must have a super battery or something. Location services turned on, wifi and 3G off. Most of my time was spent text messaging and surfing the web on edge. Push turned on for Yahoo mail.

Edit: My screen brightness is always turned way down though, maybe around 25 - 30%

4. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

yes I said in my post above I have push,location services and 3g ALL OFF and my screen is at 50% my phone has never lasted past 6 hours without charging....I love the phone I think I may just have a bad one

5. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 hours and still half way!!!!!!!!!! are you kidding me

6. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

How many times did you fully charge it? It gets much better after the third full charge (draining it completely and charging it fully), and a lot better after the fifth full charge.

7. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

i HAVE DONE IT ABOUT 4 TIMES....YOU SAYING i NEED TO DO IT A 5TH? 5th times a charm...lol

8. joebokeh macrumors member

Do you ever use a wall charger??

I can get over 11hrs standby with 5hrs of playing with it...

3g on, push off, location on

9. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Yes, 12 Hours standby. I didn't make/take any calls today though. So out of all the usage, none of it was phone calls. And as I said, I have mine down to 25% brightness, which I think helps greatly.

10. mrtune macrumors 6502a

3G off all day. Everything else on (push/wifi/location services). Brightness set around 35% with auto brightness on.
    [​IMG]

11. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

yes I only use USB to sync thats it...otherwise it from the wall to my phone

ANY SCREEN SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you see that's bull I'm taking mine back!!!!!!!!!!

12. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I think you have a bad battery. I can usually make it through somewhere around four and a half hours to five hours with just web browsing, playing games (which takes up more battery life than anything else), some phone calls and texts, and a few hours of having it in standby. I usually keep the screen brightness between 40%-70%, push email off, location services off (except when I use the GPS, which is usually only for a few minutes, and I always keep 3G on.

13. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

look at my very first picture then look at how much battery is left...just bull man......just bull....but i love the phone:)

14. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

you seem mike I have never made it past 6 hours of standby I think I just have a bad battery...this sucks....

15. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Here is mine, 3G iPhone, push email on 24 hours a day, 3G off, Location services off. Brightness half way.

Attached Files:

16. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GOING TO HANG MYSELF:confused::confused::eek::eek::mad:

17. Soreo macrumors regular

Soreo

Ugh. Please stop with the exclamation marks. We're trying to come up to you normally and you're acting like you're 12.
    Are you 12?

And I would post a shot but for some reason, whenever I access my usage there are dashes in the slots.

18. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

His is showing information incorrectly... It does that if you do not fully charge the iPhone (so if it is halfway dead and you charge it just a little bit but not FULLY), it won't reset the usage/standby information.

19. mrtune macrumors 6502a

locoboof, describe your usage? Standby means almost nothing really. Your usage time/battery life is comparable to mine. If you would let the phone sit in your pocket instead of turn on an in use from the moment it got pulled off the charger, it would last all day.

My usage was dispersed throughout the whole day. You managed to get the same usage before lunch.

Also, when did you pick up your phone? I got mine day 2 and the battery was garbage the first few days for me. Took a few full discharge and charge cycles to see some improvement.

20. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

There are dashes because it is fully charged... and probably plugged in as we speak.

21. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

is cause I'm trying to get across my anger and disbelief, sorry

22. shinenjk macrumors regular

Yep, that picture is about what I'm getting.

60-65% battery left with 3.5 hrs of usage time, 10.5 hours of standby time. Checked some emails, looked at some attachments, sent/received some txts, talked on the phone for good 1.5-2hrs this morning, used Google maps/weather services a couple times, listened to iPod to & from work.

My settings:

3G off (turned it on from time to time when needed)
    WiFi off
    Location services off
    Auto brightness off
    Brightness set at 30-40%

23. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

well I do,I start work a 6am so that when I take it off the charger.....make a few calls around 8 am with all services turned off...then some light internet use...then by about noon or so im at 20% thats why you see it in the picture I had to charge it again at work....then took it off around 2:30pm or so and talked my whole way home in traffic and there you see the screen shot....there is no way I should talk for 3 hours and its goes to 20% when some screen shots have people with longer talk times and triple the standby time

24. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Who's? Mine? If I had it plugged in for a short time and didn't let it charge completely, it would say that the iPhone has been plugged in since last charge. It doesn't say that at all on mine.