Plus or not to plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sddabrow, Sep 25, 2015.

1. sddabrow macrumors 6502

Well now that you folks have had a day to play, Any regrets on your size? What did you get and are you staying or leaving?

My work is offering me either one and I can't make a decision so hoping you can persuade me one way or the other! Coming from a Note 3... Like it some days other it's too big

2. BlueDragon22 macrumors 6502

BlueDragon22

Loving my 6s+ so far

I got it primarily for homework on the go, as well as it is very easy to read on. It doesn't strain your eyes which is wonderful. Camera is also excellent, as well as the display and battery life. I had a Droid Turbo (5.2in), so to go down to a 4.7 was awful. I went up to the 5.5 and regret nothing!

If you do a lot of reading, video watching, note taking, etc., head for the 6s+

3. redman042 macrumors 68020

4. Djentleman macrumors regular

Djentleman

PLUS. It does everything you want and it does it better. The only reason you could have for choosing the standard 6s is the size. Otherwise its all better bigger.

5. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

It's not that big. You get used to it. The 6(s) is tiny comparatively speaking.

6. B's iPhone macrumors member

B's iPhone

Got the standard 6 for myself and my fiancé.
    Did the standard 6 last year.
    The plus just seems too big to me.
    Just my opinion.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

coming from someone who ordered the iPhone 6 last year, definitely get the Plus. I spent the last 7-8 months wishing I had gotten the plus. My gf got the plus and you get used to the size really quickly. Now the 6 seems small.

8. nutmac macrumors 68040

I had both. In terms of portability, Plus is not that bad, especially if you are a guy and don't mind carrying it on the front pocket of your pants.

The main issue is one-handed use. Plus is incredibly hard to operate with one hand.

Aside from that, I love Plus's large and sharper screen, optical image stabilizer (which now works for video too), much longer battery life, and special UI on certain apps (although some people may not prefer it).

9. sddabrow thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, can't make a decision! Was going for the regular but there are so many arguments for the plus!

10. Scarlet Siren macrumors regular

Scarlet Siren

Couldn't not be happier! Easier for me to read from the screen, easier for me to type, lovely screen. I would not go back.

11. Macinva macrumors 6502

Macinva

I remember when I got the 6plus from my 5s... it felt gigantic. Now that I've been using my 6plus a year, it feels no larger to me than the 5s did then. Of course if I look at the 5s, it feels and looks ridiculously small.

You get used to the larger size and I think it's worth the bigger phone because you get so much more screen to read the web, watching shows/movies, etc. I wouldn't even consider the 6 over the plus now or moving forward. YMMV

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Depends how you plan on carrying it around when not in use. The only front pockets I was ever able to use for the clothing I wear without it being uncomfortable (especially sitting, or kneeling, bending, etc.) is khakis, jeans were totally out of the question. And I wear jeans most of the time so.

I wanted it to be like my wallet, there for when I want to use it without noticing I was ever carrying it.

13. flyingturtle macrumors regular

No regrets. The benefits (larger screen, image stabilization, better battery life) outweigh the inconvenience of having a larger-sized phone. I talked to a lot of people who had the 6 Plus from last year, before I made my decision, and they all were happy, after they got used to the size.

I read a lot (Kindle app) and use Google Docs a lot, so the larger screen is a big plus.

14. gthorson macrumors member

I'm on the fence. I had a 6+ and ordered a 6S. I like the size of the 6S much better in my pocket, but I certainly miss the better battery life of the 6+. I'm surprised that almost all of the fonts are identical on the apps that I use on the 6S and the 6+. There is little if any difference in readability, just a slight increase in scrolling. But I think I actually prefer the 6+ in my hand as well. If that turns out to be true after a couple of days, the 6S is going back.

15. sddabrow thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I usually don't have an issue with a big phone in my pocket, coming from the Note 3. The issue I have is when I want to do a quick text or just look at the time, the larger device seems cumbersome to take out. Maybe if I have the apple watch in tandem with the plus this would alleviate the issue?

One handed use is also the struggle.. Just can't justify how many times I actually need to use it one handed. But when I do with a coffee in my hand or luggage in an airport, I'm kicking myself saying I should've went smaller.

16. celly macrumors 6502

Plus

Also scrored a 6s yesterday. Opened the 6s Plus first and didn't even bother unboxing the 6s. It's already on its way back to Apple.

17. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

If the 6s plus had no bezel, it would be the perfect size. Hopefully the 7 does this

18. jjtetu macrumors member

jjtetu

Used to be a small phone proponent, thinking that the 5s was even on the big side, but I used a 6 as a loaner for the last month and loved it. Now that I have my 6s Plus, I love the big size even more. I've got big guitarist hands and it fits much better. Typing is easier. The screen is better. I'd say if you have bigger hands, and you're someone who wears clothes with bigger pockets, it's a no brainer.

19. -Garry- macrumors 6502a

-Garry-

Depends on how you use it, how you carry it and how big you are!

I had a 6 and a 6+ last year and, with my tiny hands, I couldn't get along with the 6+. I could carry it reasonably comfortably in tight jeans, but there was no chance of being able to navigate it one-handed. I do have some friends with with 6+, with much bigger hands who have no issues, however.

20. sddabrow thread starter macrumors 6502

Pretty small hands. If I hold the 6 plus to my palm, the phone goes from the base of my Palm to the very tip of my middle finger.

21. MacBreezy, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

MacBreezy macrumors regular

I went for the Plus this year, up from the 6. Haven't had a full day with it yet so I'm still getting used to the size. The screen is beautiful and I ordered an Power Support Air Jacket case because The Apple silicon case is feels bulky compared to when I hold it naked. One handed use is tough but doable for me so far. I like texting and typing on the plus a lot better than my 6. So far I'm still not 100% sure but I think once I get used to the size I will be happy with my choice.

22. sddabrow thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the answers guys. I think the battery life posts I have read are going to make me get the Plus.

Also played with my wife's 6 and I still needed two hands to fully operate, so might as well just go bigger any ways!

23. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I was really tempted to buy the 6s the time. I've had the 6 plus now for a year but at the last minute I ordered the plus. I'm glad I did. I'm so used to it now it really doesn't seem big at all. Glad I stayed with the plus!

24. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Do you put your phone is your trouser pockets? Do you walk up stairs or at a brisk pace? If yes don't go plus.

25. sddabrow thread starter macrumors 6502

I have been carrying a note 3 with an extended 6400mah battery and have never had an issue with the phone in pockets. My concern is one handed use and quick texting,not so much the portability in shorts or pants.