Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your iPhone 6 / 6S bent? (Public Poll)

• Total voters

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
It is very startling. Like I said I don't even pocket the phone when driving.
I am about to return it to the store and will wait till they have in stock again

Yep. I can see that too. Take it back for sure. I'd think that warrants an exchange. I'm treating my Plus exactly as you describe and it's flat as a pancake. There may be something to the glue theory. Or is it possible yours was warped from the factory? Just curious, not challenging you. Did you check it for flatness before and then notice it later?

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Yep. I can see that too. Take it back for sure. I'd think that warrants an exchange. I'm treating my Plus exactly as you describe and it's flat as a pancake. There may be something to the glue theory. Or is it possible yours was warped from the factory? Just curious, not challenging you. Did you check it for flatness before and then notice it later?

To be honest I just glanced occasionally ever since the whole bend gate thing and did not notice anything. but today while on an office call, I held it at a certain angle and it looked curved, so then I tried using notepads as I did with the photos and that's how I determined it is in fact at a curve. So, sorry can't really say if it was this way from the get go.

----------

Also do you have a case on yours? Mine just has a screen protector I don't know if cases would prevent something like this

----------

Anyone else have photos? I'm curious to see if you're having similar curves on yours

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
To be honest I just glanced occasionally ever since the whole bend gate thing and did not notice anything. but today while on an office call, I held it at a certain angle and it looked curved, so then I tried using notepads as I did with the photos and that's how I determined it is in fact at a curve. So, sorry can't really say if it was this way from the get go.

Interesting. I'd mention that when you take it back. There's been at least one other case of "bent out of the box" here on the board. They'll swap a manufacturer defect unit without batting an eye.

Also do you have a case on yours? Mine just has a screen protector I don't know if cases would prevent something like this

Sometimes. I have the black leather Apple case which I use about 50% of the time. I like the feel of the phone itself so much that I often take it out when I'm going to be using it for a while.

Sugadaddy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
I'll post a picture later. Mine was flat last week when I checked after the first reports of bending, and I noticed last night. It's been in an Apple silicone case since I got it.

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Interesting. I'd mention that when you take it back. There's been at least one other case of "bent out of the box" here on the board. They'll swap a manufacturer defect unit without batting an eye.

Yep just returned it. They did the same test and took it back no further questions asked. They did not the same unit in stock so I just took a refund and will wait till next week.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
That doesn't really looked curved. It looks like it's on it's back and the camera has it lifted up a little.
I think what he/she means is the gap between the phone and the Starbucks Gold status greeting card. But of course, that's paper. So it'd be nice to see it propped against another flat object.

bwrin

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
I think what he/she means is the gap between the phone and the Starbucks Gold status greeting card. But of course, that's paper. So it'd be nice to see it propped against another flat object.

Holy ****. I totally missed that lol

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've been playing with an IP 6 plus at an apple store and the employees are not surprisingly downplaying the whole issue. I think the issue is overblown but still the IP6+ is so big that it does feel constrained in a front pocket.

Mad Bob

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2009
I have a 6+, been in a spigen case since day one, took it out the other day and screen down tested it on a table, and it was slightly twisted, tiny amount of pressure from each end to twist it back caused it to over twist. Everytime I check it seems to have twisted one way or the other, not a lot, but noticeable.

I checked with a ruler today against the screen, and it does appear that the phone is slightly curved as well, more on the SIM card side than the other, it's slightly dipped in the middle, by a mm or so.

All works fine, so not too bothered, just hope this is as bad as it gets, as Its **** spending £700+ on a phone which warps under normal use. I have loose pockets, and at work it's always on my desk, at home it's always on the sofa arm or on the side.

Will try and get pics later.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Very slight bend. Not really noticeable in the case or even when looking at it, but the phone does rock slightly on flat surfaces (and yes, I made sure the camera was hanging off the edge).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.