Poll: LG enV 2 OR LG Voyager

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bobfitz14, Dec 27, 2008.

?

Which one would you buy?

1. LG enV 2

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. LG Voyager

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

so i am getting a new phone within the next couple weeks, probably sooner than that. i have narrowed it down to the LG enV2 (Black) or LG Voyager (Titanium).

basically i'm just asking for some opinions, some benefits of one phone over the other.

NOTE does anyone know how many text (inbox) messages either phone can store? this does play a minor role considering how much i text, i would prefer a larger inbox than my current phone has (50, woot!)

2. timerollson macrumors 65816

Have fun with the random shutdowns if you get the enV 2. The LG Voyager is a brick. I'm not sure if they've fixed it yet, but when a friend of mine had it, the touch screen area peeled itself away.:confused:

My verdict is neither. They're both awful.

3. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I have a black env 2 and have used the voyager on many occasions. The env2 can hold 300 inbox and 101 (I don't know why such a random number) sent messages. The env is a bit more pocket friendly. The voyager is somewhat bulky. It all dependsnon whether you want touch screen or not.
    Also, the keys on the voyager are significantly larger then the keys on the env by the env keys are very easy to use and I find that I rarely make mistakes when typing.
    Personally, I don't really like the voyager so I vote env2. Happy shopping!

4. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

well i do like touch screen, but i obviously won't use it 100% of the time because of the QWERTY keyboard. and the env 2 has a tiny outside screen, so it's kind of like you have to use the inside screen all the time.

5. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i kind of figured i would get more feedback than this...

6. Love macrumors 68000

Love

Have you considered the LG Dare? The iPhone, even? Or is having a QWERTY keyboard a big thing for you? The ENV2 (keybo where I live) actually has decent carrier software from TELUS and i'm not sure if it's very different from verizon. The voyager...ugh. It just seems like a piece of crap in general.

7. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i'm with Verizon right now and i can't get an iPhone just yet but i will in the future. and i can't get a Dare because i don't want to pay extra for a data plan, i'm under a Family Plan and my dad pays the bill, so if i get a data plan that's coming out of my pocket, and it's not needed.

and yes having QWERTY is kind of a big thing, and i don't get why everyone says the Voyager is crap, my friends parents have Voyagers and (as far as i know) they love it and so does one of my good friends, everyone on here says no though...?

8. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

env2 is a really nice phone. it looks sharp. nice for texting.. i hated verizon and their phones.. hated lg.. but i really like this phone.. does everything in need.

9. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

For the Dare you don't need a data plan the only phones that need data plans are BlackBerry's and some smartphones.

10. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i didn't know that, but with that being said i still kind of want a QWERTY keyboard like i said earlier..

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

12. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

yes, i'm on a family plan.

13. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

I have the EnV 2 and I *love* it. Definitely get it over the voyager, in my opinion. It can hold 300 SMS + MMS messages in the inbox and 100 SMS + MMS in the sent.

Getting V06 from the store will fix the random shutdowns, and the texting on the front screen glitch if you use a signature.

14. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have the Voyager and I love it! I think it holds over 150 text messages in the in box. My daughter has the enV 2 and it's not a bad phone either. I have no issues with either phone and my daughter just said her phone holds over 100 messages also. I think Verizon is GREAT and I been with them for 5 yrs and never had a problem. You will be happy with either phone.
    My wife has the Dare and it's nice also, but if you a guy, your fingers will be too big to text. My wife has long finger nails and skinny fingers so that's how she texts.

15. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

My friend has a voyager and I think it is cool, nice big screen on the front unlike the env2.

ChrisN

16. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

My enV2 currently has a combination of 306 Pic/Text messages in it's inbox.

However, I do have a 1GB SD Micro card in it... but I can take the card out, and still access all 306 messages.

17. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

haha i kind of figured that would happen with the Dare (big fingers, touch keyboard) because i have an iPod Touch and well..i'm OK at using the keyboard no that.

i'm reaaaaally considering the Voyager.

18. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

yeahh SD Micro cards have nothing to do with texting and how much you can hold, you can't have texts saved on the card at all it's all setup in the phone's internal memory (unless otherwise noted...)

19. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

The Voyager is the 1st phone I didn't get sick of after 3 months and for pictures the front screen is also nice. On the enV2 the screen is nothing on the front and the other screen while open is ok.

20. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

out of curiosity, how's the picture/video quality on the Voyager? i am not a photographer, and i realize it's a mobile phone, but does it take attractive pictures (quality wise)?

21. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I had a voyager for sometime and liked it very much.
    took very nice picts, two big screens, decent size keyboard, and expanable memory.
    I beat the hell out of mine but had a screen protector on the outside. Finally after nearly 18 months I had it replaced because I dropped it while it was plugged in for the millionth time and wasn't able to charge it..
    The voyager is pretty rugged, not sure how the screen peeled itself off.
    The env2 is smaller and more compact, great for texting.
    Two very good phones in my opinion

22. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

EXCELLENT picture quality!!!!!! Extremely user friendly and quick.

This is a photo I took at work. pretty darn crisp

Attached Files:

23. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I had mine since it 1st came out (Voyager) and NEVER had 1 problem, and my daughter has the enV 2 and she drops her, has dents all over and it STILL works... so yeah I see how they are both awful:rolleyes:

My friends band used a few of my Pic's as fliers for his band, I hope you can see these w/o having to sign into Myspace:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=25051835&albumID=1219680&imageID=33976372

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=25051835&albumID=1219680&imageID=33996557

Both of these were taken w/ my Voyager.

24. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

by "scren protector" you mean like the plastic films some people put over their iPhones or iPod Touchs?

sounds good! my current phone takes good quality pictures and videos so it's good to know i'm not down-grading in that area.

25. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14